Gatormade trailers still gets C grade

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #11  
You may want to edit your phone number out of your post.

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade
Thanks for the # Chris. I called the Chamber and they would only give me the general # for Gator Made. Off to file a BBB complaint.

Mike

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #13  
The BBB is going to be your best route at this point. I would demand they reimburse you for your time and fuel plus send a representative to your home with a loaner trailer then allow them to take your trailer to be fixed properly or send a representative to your home to do the repairs on site.

Chris

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #14  
I wouldn't go that far. I just bought a new Gatormade 16+2 bumper pull in January. I would give it an A+. It is a 7k trailer with what in reality is a 10k lb frame. Everything on it works and works well. The underside is painted as well. It has gotten scratched up a little bit from using it already and there is some rust on those spots, but that is what trailers are made for. I will sand and repaint those spots before winter.

Anyone who sells a product or a service with inconsistent build quality should not be recommended. If you go to a surgeon and he delivers inconsistent surgical results, would you want him to perform surgery on you. Should he be recommended?

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #15  
That is apples & oranges. That is something you don't know the quality until after it is done. This is something that if it doesn't meet your expectations, you don't buy it. I've heard of many of people on this site highly recommend Gatormade - including DP.

This is no different than you ragging on Ford Trucks (I'm a GM guy too), but there are plenty of Ford owners that think they are the best truck out there. So one guy has had a bad dealing with Gator, how is this any different from the one bad Kubota, New Holland, or Kioti tractor? If this happens with one of them, we say, Oh well, all of them have a bad one once in awhile.

Not saying this is true, but what if the OP is exaggerating the truth and ruining a company name for something that really isn't an issue?

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #16  
That is apples & oranges. That is something you don't know the quality until after it is done. This is something that if it doesn't meet your expectations, you don't buy it. I've heard of many of people on this site highly recommend Gatormade - including DP.

This is no different than you ragging on Ford Trucks (I'm a GM guy too), but there are plenty of Ford owners that think they are the best truck out there. So one guy has had a bad dealing with Gator, how is this any different from the one bad Kubota, New Holland, or Kioti tractor? If this happens with one of them, we say, Oh well, all of them have a bad one once in awhile.

Not saying this is true, but what if the OP is exaggerating the truth and ruining a company name for something that really isn't an issue?

I could not have said it better. The problem is we are all opinionated, me included. We buy what we like, ie we think its the best.

Now for the OP of this thread, he has a legitimate gripe. He posted pictures in the link in post one. There is no paint underneath, the wiring is crappy but that is how most trailers are, the spare is on backwards making it impossible to check pressure without removing, and the jack handle can not even store due to the stupid placement of a marker light. He needs and deserves to get this things fixed and I feel he has been more than patient.

Chris

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #17  
There is no paint underneath, the wiring is crappy but that is how most trailers are,

the spare is on backwards making it impossible to check pressure without removing, and the jack handle can not even store due to the stupid placement of a marker light.

He needs and deserves to get this things fixed and I feel he has been more than patient.

Chris

I thought Gatormade was the best.:confused:

I don't have a "Gatormade" mine is a P & J trailer... Mine has thick paint underneath and my wiring is great, and they couldn't have done a better job.

I hate to see this happen to someone (hope you get it fixed)... But I'm glad that i came across this thread.

Because there is noway i would buy a "Gatormade trailer" after seeing the pictures... I would demand a new trailer from them OR my money back.

It looks like this trailer was built on Friday afternoon.

I would give "Gatormade" a F- grade.

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #18  
I never said they were the best, I said they were a good trailer and a lot of bang for the buck. I still think they are one of the best trailers on the market. Like I said, I would have not left the lot with it but what is important now is to get this guys trailer right.

I have seen the same junk in many different brands. Its just a fact in the industry. It would be nice if there were a set of standards but none that I know of. If it were up to me all wires would be soldered and heat shrunk plus it would be ran in plastic conduit with junction boxes at all fixtures.

There is no excuse for the lacking paint or poorly place lights and jack handle.

Chris

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #19  

Just because someone recommends a trailer on a website doesn't mean squat. I'd go more by actual ownership experience and how a buyer is treated after the sale like the OP over a "recommendation". What makes me or any other member an "expert" just because they "recommend a trailer"?

If they use scotch locks on their wiring. I don't need to know much more. Scotch locks are garbage. :rolleyes:

If a buyer, such as the OP, buys a trailer that's not painted underneath and customer service's response is suggesting "we'll give you a can of paint and you can paint it yourself" is LAUGHABLE.

That's not customer service-that's telling the customer to go stick it up his ___. :mad:

Of course a trailer is supposed to be painted underneath!!!! :rolleyes: I never owned a trailer that wasn't painted underneath, have you? Why should anyone have to inspect for that, and if it was not painted, why should the customer be asked to paint it? lol

I honestly have never read of a customer being treated worse than the OP in my life with this trailer. OP may be guilty of not inspecting for paint underneath and not seeing the scotch locks, but that doesn't excuse the manufacturer from the poor workmanship and even worse customer service.

Last edited:
   / Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #20  
All the Gatormade trailers I have ever seen looked good,very good. I came very close to buying one 2 weeks ago. The price seemed almost too good to be true. I hope that it is not.