Gatormade trailers still gets C grade

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #31  
Go figure,my new 16 ft Hurst trailer I bought back in 2002 was JUNK,scotch locks,bad welds and so on,my fault for not being more observant when I purchased it,maybe it was made on a monday or friday.I sold it and bought a 20ft.PJ trailer and have been more than happy with there quality.coobie

I was a Br-Mar owner and thought it was average quality. I moved up to a Cam Superline and thought it was a big step up. It not only had paint on the bottom, but it was thick paint. It even had non-chinese tires, Dexter axles & wheels and a jack & spare tire mounted correctly.

Now I'm looking at PJ and I think their dump trailers are nice. Yes, they had paint on the bottom.

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #32  
Little known brand of BetterBuilt is top quality IMO. Welds all look nice, paint is very good everywhere,rub rail is thicker than normal steel, self cleaning dove has angles close together,"D" rings all over the place, 10" "I" beam frame, massive double stacked 10" C channel acrosss the front bulkhead ,cast auto engage coupler, LED lights and on and on and on. Highly recommend. My 14K looks better built :) than most 20K's I see out there.

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #33  
I live in Kentucky and was planning on buying a Gatormade trailer. They just lost a sale to me.

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #34  
I live in Kentucky and was planning on buying a Gatormade trailer. They just lost a sale to me.

I would not give up on them yet. Just make sure you do not accept anything but perfect. I still would buy one. Sounds like they just lost sight of quality control.

Chris

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade
The trailers are a solid design and have nice welds but watch the little things and paint. I have been in contact back and forth with the BBB of Somerset and they said Gatormade thought that everything was done. I did receive the parts to repair the jack and a replacement LED light that was out from Gatormade. I told the BBB that I am fixing the trailer myself but would like to get a call from the owner of Gatormade. We'll see what comes about. The trailer all loaded up heading to the sand dunes in Michigan:

DSC00987.jpg

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #36  
Nice looking rig, very nice. We rented a Jeep in the Michagan dunes 3 or 4 years ago, that was a blast. Have fun.

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #37  
I bought a Gatormade trailer several years ago after looking at different brands; I did drive to their mfgr. facility to make my selection out of available stock and drove it home. I found their offerings to be the best value (i.e., build quality/price equation) for my particular needs. I've had no problem, it is holding up well and I would certainly consider them again for future purchases. The only customer service problem I had was obtaining the Certificate of Origin paperwork that the salesman said would be mailed to me. It had not been received after several months; I think it was just something that fell through the cracks in the office due to my saleman leaving the company shortly after my purchase. I'm patient and made several email and phone attempts over a year's time to obtain the Certificate, providing the purchase date and invoice # on each contact which was easily looked up in their computer system. I was always assured that the matter would be investigated and a Certificate sent to me but it never happened. I finally decided that I needed to contact the owner of the company - it did take some research to determine that info. I wrote a respectful letter describing the problem, my unsuccessful attempts to resolve it, and asking him to help resolve the issue. I received a call within days from a representative appologizing for the problem & my frustration and received the paperwork in the mail a couple of days later. The owners of a company obviously have more interest in maintaining company reputation than those just drawing a paycheck. Here's who I contacted:

Mr. B. J. Brown, Jr., President
Gatormade Trailers, Inc.
2400 N. Hwy 27
Somerset, KY 42503

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #38  
The trailers are a solid design and have nice welds but watch the little things and paint. I have been in contact back and forth with the BBB of Somerset and they said Gatormade thought that everything was done. I did receive the parts to repair the jack and a replacement LED light that was out from Gatormade. I told the BBB that I am fixing the trailer myself but would like to get a call from the owner of Gatormade. We'll see what comes about. The trailer all loaded up heading to the sand dunes in Michigan:

DSC00987.jpg
Great looking Dodge truck. As for the trailer, by the size of the Gator "decal" (looks more like the size of a banner), you'd think they would have built the best or only trailer in the world.
I'd scrape that thing off the day I got it home. Looks tacky, IMO.

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade
I don't think I want to take the large decals off - who knows what the paint looks like underneath them! It's funny you mention the large decals, on the back of the neck there is a large one that has "GATor" trailers that looks very close to the CAT symbol. That one is coming off and being replaced with a Cummins decal.

DSC00986.jpg

/ Gatormade trailers still gets C grade #40  
Mike,

I have owned two Gator Made trailers and was one of the posters in the past who has recommended them. They have historically made a solid trailer with features I wanted for a reasonable price. I have felt they offered a really nice trailer. I sold my last Gator Made trailer about two years ago (maybe a little less) and have noticed my local dealer for trailers no longer stocks them. I now own a Copper River 20' hitch pull, which I really like. I asked my local trailer dealer about why he no longer stocks the Gator Made's and he said there were some "business practices" he did not like and that he no longer wants to stock them. I believe he was one of their biggest dealers, so something most have gone sour. I am saddened to hear your plight and moreover how it was handled. I hope you get resolution to your issue and it seems GM may have taken a business course to save some manufacturing $$$ which might not be so good. I feel bad now for being one of the ones who recommended them on this forum, but at the time they made some really nice trailers.

John M