GC 2300 wont start

/ GC 2300 wont start #81  
Hi everyone. I am having a similar problem but with a ~ 2015 GC1710 .

Really good grounds.
Ignition switch appears to be perfect working order zero corrosion.
All fuses appear to be okay.
Strong battery working alternator.

Key won't engage starter solenoid.
Glow plug lights are on almost permanently.
Returning the key to 'off' position get a buzzing from glow plug relay.
Four way flashers on and I get a sick clicking and buzzing from relay that operates the flashers.

I can jump the starter from the current battery it starts up fine runs nearly flawless. A bit erratic but settles down and purs throughout the rpm range. I've had it running for 30min.
Key will not cut off the engine.

I'm lost! Any suggestions out there? Appreciate the thought. Here's a YouTube link of the machine. Thanks

I'm to new to embed links. I can message you the video link perhaps?

Since you have multiple issues, and all of them have the ignition switch in common, it seems very likely that it has failed.

If you can't find anything else wrong, you may have to try replacing it.

/ GC 2300 wont start #82  
Thanks for the reply. I also am leaning towards the ignition switch however...,
if I bypass the ignition switch, (hot wire from the connections behind the switch) I can get the tractor to roll over and start, but the glow plug light remains on and the weird buzzing sound still is heard from the glow plug relay. So confused.

/ GC 2300 wont start #83  
I just tried a brand new ignition switch, 68$ Canadian. That did not work.

/ GC 2300 wont start #84  
Bad timing too with the holiday weekend here, everyone is busy.

A bad ground, or a short, can cause a lot of confusing issues like this, as circuits back feed.

If no one else has an idea, it's probably going to be a time consuming search, checking each wire with the schematic.

I feel for you, having recently spent 5 hours finding an electrical issue on my riding mower.

Just for the heck of it, did you try it after unplugging the glow plug relay?

/ GC 2300 wont start #85  
Yep, everything acts the same but without the buzzing of course.

/ GC 2300 wont start #86  
I'm currently experiencing this issue with a 2016 GC1720 @400 hours. Initial symptom was it died while running. Fuse 8 was popped, which kills fuel pump and starter. Replaced the fuse and she fired up. Within 30 minutes, dead again and fuse popped again. Now she won't crank at all, but the fuel pump runs and glow plugs are ok.

I have replaced that 10 amp fuse (still intact) - checked the Neutral Safety and discovered it was routed poorly and had worn through 1 of 4 wires (repaired it and corrected routing). Checked the PTO clutch safety and verified that it functions correctly. Turn the key to on and engine stop solenoid retracts (loud click), fuel pump runs (rattle under floorboard for tomstaplez), but the starter will no longer engage.

It is 96 in the garage so I had to bail out of my troubleshooting efforts. I guess I'll be pulling the ignition switch.

/ GC 2300 wont start #87  
I'm currently experiencing this issue with a 2016 GC1720 @400 hours. Initial symptom was it died while running. Fuse 8 was popped, which kills fuel pump and starter. Replaced the fuse and she fired up. Within 30 minutes, dead again and fuse popped again. Now she won't crank at all, but the fuel pump runs and glow plugs are ok.

I have replaced that 10 amp fuse (still intact) - checked the Neutral Safety and discovered it was routed poorly and had worn through 1 of 4 wires (repaired it and corrected routing). Checked the PTO clutch safety and verified that it functions correctly. Turn the key to on and engine stop solenoid retracts (loud click), fuel pump runs (rattle under floorboard for tomstaplez), but the starter will no longer engage.

It is 96 in the garage so I had to bail out of my troubleshooting efforts. I guess I'll be pulling the ignition switch.

I assume you reset all levers to verify it isn't a safety switch?

It's pretty easy to bump a lever, and not notice it isn't centered.

/ GC 2300 wont start #88  
I assume you reset all levers to verify it isn't a safety switch?

It's pretty easy to bump a lever, and not notice it isn't centered.

I did, but I also disconnected and tested the PTO clutch safety and seat safety.

/ GC 2300 wont start #89  
okay there's a limit switch on your three point that I had issues with it's on the right side reach down there and make sure that you're the neutral position if it's not in the neutral position your tractor will not crank up

/ GC 2300 wont start #90  
check all of your limit switches don't start replacing Parts did you find out which one is bad