GC 2310 backhoe doesn't work.

/ GC 2310 backhoe doesn't work. #1  

vwdoc

Tractor
2004 GC2310 TLB
None of the controls work on the back hoe. It did it once last year and has been fine. I swapped the spool valves and made shure the fluid is flowing good, I swapped the input lines and blew the fluid out both ways... seems to be getting great flow. change hydraulic fluid & filter every 2 years using MF dealer parts. Tractor goes back & forth fine and front bucket works great.. I figured it would be one of the valves in the block... Any help would be great thanks..
And machine is a 2004 and has 315 hours on it.

/ GC 2310 backhoe doesn't work. #2  
Sounds like the lines may not be connected properly. Did you check the Blue, Yellow, Red connection order?
Does the 3pt hitch work without he BH on it?

/ GC 2310 backhoe doesn't work. #3  
Ditto what Johnson said... my guess is that the quick-release connections haven't fully seated. I know they're ridiculously hard to get at back there, which is why I put on three 12" extension hoses on the BH connections. Much easier to connect when the BH isn't right up to the back of the tractor!

BTW, welcome to the forum -- where you located?

What kind of VW Doc? (2005 wagon w/BEW)

/ GC 2310 backhoe doesn't work.
I checked the rear lines to the BH a couple times, "new lines with 8" extensions 2 years ago" I have not had any lines open or off in a few years. everything worked properly this spring. I don't use the back hoe much cause I have an excavator.

Ditto what Johnson said... my guess is that the quick-release connections haven't fully seated. I know they're ridiculously hard to get at back there, which is why I put on three 12" extension hoses on the BH connections. Much easier to connect when the BH isn't right up to the back of the tractor!

BTW, welcome to the forum -- where you located?

What kind of VW Doc? (2005 wagon w/BEW)

The colors are where they always are I didn't move them.. The quick release are fine, had them on & off a couple time the other day checking. the controls will allow me to move in sporatic spurts and sometimes going one way the mechanical arm will move a 1/4 inch in the other direction..

Located in New Hampshire.
I had an 05 Passat wagon TDI but like most the trany let loose... Sad cause those were so cool.
Got a pile of Vdub & Audi products... no classics...

/ GC 2310 backhoe doesn't work. #6  
The colors are where they always are I didn't move them.. The quick release are fine, had them on & off a couple time the other day checking. the controls will allow me to move in sporatic spurts and sometimes going one way the mechanical arm will move a 1/4 inch in the other direction..

Located in New Hampshire.
I had an 05 Passat wagon TDI but like most the trany let loose... Sad cause those were so cool.
Got a pile of Vdub & Audi products... no classics...

To me it sounds like a coupler issue-dirt or sticky valve and air in the system. Can you see the fluid int he glass?

/ GC 2310 backhoe doesn't work. #7  
This is a post for what sounds like a similar problem with an FEL. Ended up being a damaged quick connect.

Your comments about swapping hoses leads me to think you may have quick disconnects on your FEL lines - if so, the symptoms MIGHT indicate a broken spring inside one of the QD's - if this happens in a QD pair, they can start acting like a 1-way CHECK VALVE (albeit a "leaky" one, therefore slow instead of stop)

BTW, this is NOT "internet fact", I've personally had it happen on two different occasions in the past 10-12 years; so, not "common", but possible...

If that's what happened, it could either have been CAUSED by the overpressure (aided by faulty materials in the spring) or it could be entirely COINCIDENTAL. ("stuff happens")

You may be able to check this fairly easily by powering down, wiggling all levers multiple times, and separating the QD's one pair at a time, then pushing on the center (ball or poppet) - do NOT do this with a body part, even a powered down hydraulic system can inject fluid into your body - use a small nut driver or similar.

Once any pressure is relieved, if the ball or poppet moves without quite a bit of force (or at least DIFFERENT than its mate) you might have found your problem.

I personally am NOT a fan of REGEN, my opinion (at least for non-commercial operators) is that it's more of a PITA than a help (especially if you wanna add a diverter to that circuit). If ya can't wait a couple more SECONDS for a bucket to dump, try using a pick and shovel instead - I bet you'd change your mind pretty quick :rolleyes:

Anyway, it's another (cheaper) thing to check that may help, definitely worth the time it takes to check it out... Steve

/ GC 2310 backhoe doesn't work. #8  
I also agree that it sounds like a coupler issue. Either incomplete engagement or as stated above, some internal coupler issues. Classic symptoms. I suppose you could remove the couplers and replace them with Hydraulic swivels.
Could you check pressures by hooking up a 2500 PSI gauge to the main supply hose, first one, then the other, hose, to confirm that there is pressure being delivered at the end of the hose? That would be simpler that tearing into valves.

To me it sounds like a coupler issue-dirt or sticky valve and air in the system. Can you see the fluid int he glass?

I checked to make sure it was full if thats what you mean and yes it is... no air and fluid looks new..

I also agree that it sounds like a coupler issue. Either incomplete engagement or as stated above, some internal coupler issues. Classic symptoms. I suppose you could remove the couplers and replace them with Hydraulic swivels.
Could you check pressures by hooking up a 2500 PSI gauge to the main supply hose, first one, then the other, hose, to confirm that there is pressure being delivered at the end of the hose? That would be simpler that tearing into valves.

I took the hose off at the block for the BH controls. "the input & output" and I have flow. the couplers are 18" away from the block so I assume they are working.... Who knows I am gonna see if I can find some tonight.