GC1710 vs GC1720

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #91  
Update.
Sorry people, I have been busy getting caught up on my chores. The GC1720TLB is up and running. Let me first say that 99% of my issues were Dealer related (NEVER BUY from Tri-County Equipment in Sullivan , MO) The owner and salesmen is a complete dumbass.....who knows less about what he's selling and servicing than the person buying.
So on my last post I was dealing with PTO arm not working.....well that was an easy fix, I swapped the Red male Q.D hose with the Yellow male QD hose and plugged it into the Blue colored female QD and bamb it worked fine.....now let me say, the owners manual make no reference to the color coded ends.....so its not very clear what goes where.....but I had the DEALER go over everything and I was told by my dealer the RED and Blue go together.....I know this because I asked several times to make sure I was being told correctly and wouldn't forget when it came time to remove the hoe. I was told by the field service manager that it wasn't a big deal to operate the way I had been......as I had been using the machine like that for some time....I just never had anything on the rear PTO so I didn't need or use the raise-lower lever.
So now my GC1720 has 100+ hours on it.......it came back from the dealer still leaking fluid from around the rear PTO cover that has the sight glass in it.........after speaking with the Field Service Rep I decided to go to another dealer that is little closer to me.......I have yet to take the unit in for the leak, I have just been adding fluid as needed as I don't want to be without the unit again, now that everything is about finished for the year and the crops are all out, I plan to take the unit in and see if dealer# 2 can provide some decent service. The tractor does seem to have decent pulling power now......with the exception of Reverse in High range.....seems very week. Overall I'm happy with my purchase...I just wish I would have went to another dealer....I don't think my tractor was ever set up and adjusted correctly from the get go.
Stlmatt

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #92  
Update.
Sorry people, I have been busy getting caught up on my chores. The GC1720TLB is up and running. Let me first say that 99% of my issues were Dealer related (NEVER BUY from Tri-County Equipment in Sullivan , MO) The owner and salesmen is a complete dumbass.....who knows less about what he's selling and servicing than the person buying.
So on my last post I was dealing with PTO arm not working.....well that was an easy fix, I swapped the Red male Q.D hose with the Yellow male QD hose and plugged it into the Blue colored female QD and bamb it worked fine.....now let me say, the owners manual make no reference to the color coded ends.....so its not very clear what goes where.....but I had the DEALER go over everything and I was told by my dealer the RED and Blue go together.....I know this because I asked several times to make sure I was being told correctly and wouldn't forget when it came time to remove the hoe. I was told by the field service manager that it wasn't a big deal to operate the way I had been......as I had been using the machine like that for some time....I just never had anything on the rear PTO so I didn't need or use the raise-lower lever.
So now my GC1720 has 100+ hours on it.......it came back from the dealer still leaking fluid from around the rear PTO cover that has the sight glass in it.........after speaking with the Field Service Rep I decided to go to another dealer that is little closer to me.......I have yet to take the unit in for the leak, I have just been adding fluid as needed as I don't want to be without the unit again, now that everything is about finished for the year and the crops are all out, I plan to take the unit in and see if dealer# 2 can provide some decent service. The tractor does seem to have decent pulling power now......with the exception of Reverse in High range.....seems very week. Overall I'm happy with my purchase...I just wish I would have went to another dealer....I don't think my tractor was ever set up and adjusted correctly from the get go.
Stlmatt

Glad to hear a better report Stlmatt. Now I'd like to express an idea that you might want to consider.

When you go to the second dealer for service or warranty issues I'd be EXTREMELY cautious of just how much dealers and sales people talk between themselves at training seminars and dealer gatherings etc..

You will gain nothing if you mention or bad mouth another dealer or salesman's name because they will taunt each other at those meetings. Even if the dealer's name is on your tractor I wouldn't say it or tell any stories.

You might wonder how could you not tell stories? Here's sn example:

You: Hi Mr. Dealer/Salesman. I've been using my tractor a fair amount and I'm looking to establish a dealer relationship that is a little more positive than I had with another dealer. The field tech thought you might be a choice for my needs and I want to make sure you were comfortable with taking over my future needs on a good tractor that just didn't get as much wisdom as it deserved. I'm a positive type person and want to have a dealer I feel excited to recommend to others.

Dealer/sales person: Well I see it came from xyz. Did you have a lot of problems with them? Etc. Etc. Who did you deal with.

You: I'll be glad to tell you anything I'd like you to check or service and I'm sure the warranty records will already show any items that have been worked on. I just think sometimes there's a good chemistry to be found . . one I can feel real comfortable referring people to. Getting prosoect referrals wouldn't be a oriblem fir you . . Would it ?

At this point a salesman might try to bait you with "leading" questions etc.. And you just focus on a future to develop and a history to forget.

Stlmatt, your goal with getting a better dealer should be all positive. I'll guarantee you that telling them a negative story with details about a local dealer will not be to your gain in any way. The old dealer just fades into the sunset and you get no backlash as you develop a better dealer situation.

I'm not a know-it-all . . I've actually heard the sales people tell prospects about other clients specifics . . just as they told me. Or they rub it in on the competitor. They think its harmless fun and the competitor calls his attorney.

You've got a great tractor that was not treated well by the 1st dealer. Now you have the chance for a long and happy tractor life. Check back in with us as those smiles continue to grow :)

Remember . . the only people who need to know the historical truth . . ALREADY know it (regional tech and old dealer).

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #93  
I was able to get mine fixed. I'm at 75 hours and happy with my 1720.

I drive a few more miles but, My tractor has not been back after switching dealers .

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #94  
For a user nsmed "no luck" it seems like you make your own luck when you adapt to correcting the issue with a better presentband future dealer source as you did.

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #95  
For a user nsmed "no luck" it seems like you make your own luck when you adapt to correcting the issue with a better presentband future dealer source as you did.

I was told " the harder I work the luckier I get "

I felt I had " no luck " with this purchase. now, I know it was the right tractor. just wish I bought from a dealer that focused on service after the sale.