GC1710 vs GC1720

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #81  
A separate point so a separate post. If the dealer is fully certified as a massey dealer . . . how does he not have the equipment to diagnose your power output?

And what will be your future with this dealer. Maybe they should consider a couple free maintenance service times just to demonstrate they are future reliable. Also . . If the whole hydro system is being replaced . . do you go back to a new 50 hour service requirement and then the normal time frames after???

While I understand this hasn't been a pleasant situation for you it makes for good learning for you . . and an opportunity for Massey to prove when mistakes happen . . good people and good companies can mske things right. Sometimes they just need to be reminded lol.

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #82  
I have no idea how a Massey Dealer doesn't have the tool to diagnose the issue, they are a small dealer but you would think they would still have the necessary tools. I did speak with the owner of the dealership this morning....since I haven't heard back since talking with the field service rep last week. I explained my frustration as to the situation and asked if there was anything they were willing to do to make it right.....like throwing in some type of implement or added service, I was told NO and that I should take that up with Agco/Massey....so I put a call into the field service rep this morning but have yet to hear back, I guess we will see what happens when or if I do. The tractor is suppose to be back tomorrow.....as far as the 50 hour service I have no idea.......after all I did have that done the first time I took the tractor in for this same issue....but now with all new stuff I'm sure it will be needed again (less the engine stuff) So the saga continues.....more to report later I guess.

Stlmatt

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #83  
Greetings Stlmatt,

I hope things work out smoothly.

The reason I posted the last info about getting compensation the way I did was specific. Your response from the dealer was almost 100% predictable.

While you might "assume" the dealer has something to gain by compensating you . . that isn't at all how he sees it. However handled the proper way Massey does have something to gain.

But again, it hinges on a very fine but important point . . . you not looking greedy but Massey being allowed to be generous. And the key to it either working or not working is the perception the field service rep. has or gets from you and the situation.

Now that the dealer is aware you're looking for something . . it could make it a bit more of a challenge.

Stlmatt . . . I just hope when everything is resolved from the past . . that your unit runs well and you are happy with Massey.

And then you need to figure out who you will take the unit to for future servicevwork . . the current dealer or maybe a dealer suggested by the field service rep. or ???

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #84  
Update as of 08-24-15

I received my tractor back on 08-20-15 unit seemed to have all kinds of pulling power, but I still have issues:-(
The tractor is still leaking fuild from around the rear PTO cover.....doesn't seem to be coming from the PTO shaft itself but from the cover that has the sight glass in it....I can see that the dealer attempted to silicone it but it still leaks. So I go to use the 3 point for the first time since now the unit should have enough power to pull a blade......well the 3 point arms wont go up, I checked and double checked everything, read the manual and even had a few tractor buddies come over to take a look just to make sure I wasn't missing something........well no luck, the arms just wont go up, I can fold them up by hand but that's about it. I also now have a ignition switch issue...the key falls out but the tractor still runs, I'm afraid ill lose the key in the field and wont be able to turn it off or back on....I leave the extra key inside the house for safe keeping.
Well I called the Field Service Manager again and spoke with him about my issues........I guess ill wait and see what he says, at this point I'm either ready to burn it to the ground or stop paying on it and they can come repo the thing. What a POS this thing has been...I bought it an April, it now has 56 hours on it and I still haven't been able to use the thing all summer long.

Stlmatt

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #85  
Well, it might also be time to start mentioning Lemon laws....Some states have specific lemon laws for tractors and agricultural equipment, not sure if yours is one, but might be worth investigating. Then there is always the Magnus-Moss warranty act, a federal law from 1975 which states:

" if the product (or a component part thereof) contains a defect or malfunction after a reasonable number of attempts by the warrantor to remedy defects or malfunctions in such product, such warrantor must permit the consumer to elect either a refund for, or replacement without charge of, such product or part (as the case may be). The Commission may by rule specify for purposes of this paragraph, what constitutes a reasonable number of attempts to remedy particular kinds of defects or malfunctions under different circumstances. If the warrantor replaces a component part of a consumer product, such replacement shall include installing the part in the product without charge."

Soo..there are possibly legal grounds for replacement of the tractor or refund...but it could get ugly and might require lawyers. I wold try approaching the dealer/local sales rep (if you ever found out who that was) for a no cost trade on a new machine. Every manufacturer is capable of building a lemon, and it sucks for the person who gets it!

Just throwing it out there...

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #86  
Piggy backing on Fiziks post,
Lemon laws certainly can enter in. The other issue is quality of dealer service department.

What I would NOT do . . . Is withhold payment. The finance dept. Is an entirely different animal and its too hard to correct a Crédit report.

Stlmatt . . . You are in the right . . deal with them and battle with them if need be in clearly defined absolutes. Don't give any tit for tat resonses. You have more power than you realize because NOW you are proving to the field service technician what your dealer is really like.

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #87  
Piggy backing on Fiziks post,
Lemon laws certainly can enter in. The other issue is quality of dealer service department.

What I would NOT do . . . Is withhold payment. The finance dept. Is an entirely different animal and its too hard to correct a Cr馘it report.

Stlmatt . . . You are in the right . . deal with them and battle with them if need be in clearly defined absolutes. Don't give any tit for tat resonses. You have more power than you realize because NOW you are proving to the field service technician what your dealer is really like.

Ditto on this! Once you mess up your credit, it is very difficult to get it straightened out. The company doesn't care about your credit unless you're buying. They want you to buy a tractor, automobile, truck, boat, house, etc. Many are betting you WILL default on your loan. What do they care if they've already sold you an item?

I'm currently battling a similar situation with another tractor manufacturer. I've hired an attorney, and I'm going to let them go to bat for me. The documentation shows I've done more than my part.

Now, it's time to see who salutes the flag that is already up on the flag post.

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #88  
Update as of 08-24-15

I received my tractor back on 08-20-15 unit seemed to have all kinds of pulling power, but I still have issues:-(
The tractor is still leaking fuild from around the rear PTO cover.....doesn't seem to be coming from the PTO shaft itself but from the cover that has the sight glass in it....I can see that the dealer attempted to silicone it but it still leaks. So I go to use the 3 point for the first time since now the unit should have enough power to pull a blade......well the 3 point arms wont go up, I checked and double checked everything, read the manual and even had a few tractor buddies come over to take a look just to make sure I wasn't missing something........well no luck, the arms just wont go up, I can fold them up by hand but that's about it. I also now have a ignition switch issue...the key falls out but the tractor still runs, I'm afraid ill lose the key in the field and wont be able to turn it off or back on....I leave the extra key inside the house for safe keeping.
Well I called the Field Service Manager again and spoke with him about my issues........I guess ill wait and see what he says,

Stlmatt

Stlmatt, I know its another month past and I was just checking to see if there is anything good to highlight about your situation. Is your gc1720 operational? Did the field setvice rep get back involved again?

Axlehub

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #89  
This is a crazy and disappointing topic. I'm sure it's not a common occurrence, but i feel terrible for anyone who has to deal with this much frustration on a new purchase. I'm looking forward to an update.

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #90  
Stlmatt, I know its another month past and I was just checking to see if there is anything good to highlight about your situation. Is your gc1720 operational? Did the field setvice rep get back involved again?

Axlehub

Well its more than another month from when it was another month since we've heard from stlmatt.

The last we'd heard it was end of August and he had gotten his massey gc back from warranty repairs and it was running much stronger but still leaking.

He's had no posts on TBN since that time . . . Lets hope everything is ok with him and ok with his gc1720.