GC1710 vs GC1720

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #71  
When the truck showed up the driver (also a dealer mechanic) asked what the issue was with the tractor. I explained to him what was going on and he asked if he could look at the tractor before loading it. I replied sure, and he found the issue causing the MMM not to lower completely and then leveled the MMM. He had me test everything out for correct operation, and then took the time to give an in-depth walk around the tractor, explaining every little detail. As you may have guessed, this is my first tractor and he felt I should feel comfortable operating it, and he said, "reading a manual is not as good as being shown". So instead of my tractor going back to the dealer, it was fixed on the spot.

Greetings hitechredneck,,

A very nice post. One of the things we all need to remember whenit comes to becoming an owner is . . you buy a tractor but you choose a dealer.

Too often I feel wouldbe buyers think the two are a matched set. And because of conditions and people . . they are quite different.

I think choosing to acquire a Massey GC product so far has been a good decision. Butjust as importantly was my effort to determine who to choose as the initial dealer and what my backup plans would be.

Stlmatt has had some issues develop with his equipment and some separate issues develop with getting it repaired at the dealer. Hitechredneck had some issuesdevelop with his tractor too . . but had a dealer (and an employee) go out of their way . . above and beyond . . . to handle it well. Does anyone believe that the person sent to pick up the unit just "happened" to be a mechanic? I'd believe there was no coincidence involved . . just a very smart dealer who recognized the issues were likely minor and could be field corrected to save the dealer time and money . . save Massey some money . . . and get a customer very comfortable . . even if the dealer didn't make any profit on the effort. As I said "above and beyond".

I feel bad for Stlmatt's situation . . but even worse because he feels he was too "easy" and needs to be meaner and harder in his persistance with the company.

I'd recommend less effort on being meaner and more effort on figuring out how to find the territory sales rep for his area. Then rather than trying to say negative things about the dealer or Massey . . put more effort into figuring out how he can get his unit fixed and saying good things about either Massey or the dealer or both.

In my experience - having a FIERCE determination to get positive results is more about finding the right person than it is about how tough or loud a person can get.

So I'd say Hitechredneck either got lucky or did a very good job of finding a great dealer (an exceptional dealer).

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #72  
The dealer gave me touch up paint (MF grey and red in spray cans), 2 MF hats, and I feel a fair deal on the tractor. I got the GC1720 (new style FEL and hoe) and MMM for $17,000.00.

Hitechredneck,

So you got a new GC1720 with dl95 loader and a mmm and and backhoe plus caps and paint for $17,000 plus tax ?????

You said " I feel a fair deal on the tractor.".

I believe that is inaccurate . . . I don't know of anyone who has gotten such an incredibly low price. There was nothing "a fair price" about it. You stole that deal. It is $1200 to $1500 lower than the best price I've heard from anyone. And I'd believe a more normal negotiated price would have been $19,000 to $19,500. I'd suggest at the price you paid that the dealer made very little if any profit at all on it. Stunning pricing.

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #73  
AxleHub,

I went to the dealer and they were closed. I emailed the dealer and a salesman contacted me the very next morning. The dealer has only been selling MF for 2 years, but has been in business for over 60 years. They have a large number of employees in their service department. They deal in New Holland, John Deere, and Massey Ferguson. They are always slammed, but manage to handle the work load. The owner always wants to meet every customer that purchases a new tractor to thank them for making the purchase with his dealership. I just went to where everyone in my area goes and talks about the customer service they receive.

As for my price, they had quoted a price of $19,500.00, but when I came in to sign the paperwork, they told me they had lowered the price to $17,000.00. The salesman said something about rebates.

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #74  
As for my price, they had quoted a price of $19,500.00, but when I came in to sign the paperwork, they told me they had lowered the price to $17,000.00. The salesman said something about rebates.

Like I said . . Stunning drop dead pricing. The rebates amount to $1250.00 as I recall and the numbers I used alredy included the rebates in them. Again. . I've watched pricing in some 8 diffrent states given to nearly 2 dozen would be buyers. For what you listed and purchased an excellent price would have been 18,250 to 18,500.

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #75  
Like I said . . Stunning drop dead pricing. The rebates amount to $1250.00 as I recall and the numbers I used alredy included the rebates in them. Again. . I've watched pricing in some 8 diffrent states given to nearly 2 dozen would be buyers. For what you listed and purchased an excellent price would have been 18,250 to 18,500.

They also had their GC1715 with a FEL and MMM for $14995.00. I almost bought the GC 1715 until my wife said we might as well get the GC1720 since it already has the back hoe. You have to love a woman that tells her husband to get the tractor with the back hoe! LOL!

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #76  
They also had their GC1715 with a FEL and MMM for $14995.00. I almost bought the GC 1715 until my wife said we might as well get the GC1720 since it already has the back hoe. You have to love a woman that tells her husband to get the tractor with the back hoe! LOL!

The back hoe option should be adding (after rebates) approximately 4500.00 to 5000.00 to the cost of a similarly equipped GC1715 . . not a meager 2000.00.

My guess is that the 19,500 price (or maybe a few hundred less) or the gc1715 at 15000 (or a few hundred less) was fairly correct . . and someone made a large error in calculating the numbers for the contract or in the input of the contract itself.

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #77  
Update:

Well after 5 calls to Agco I finally received a call from the Field Service Tech for my area, I spoke with him on the morning of 08-04-15. I filled him in on my situation....and was told that he would investigate the issue and call me back before Friday....well here it is late Friday afternoon and I haven't heard a word, I haven't seen my tractor in 2 weeks and haven't received 1 phone call about it.......this type of Factory and Dealer Customer Service is really unbelievable to me, by far the worst warranty service I have ever encountered. At this point I don't even know if I really want it back...so sad.

Stlmatt

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #78  
Update:

Well after 5 calls to Agco I finally received a call from the Field Service Tech for my area, I spoke with him on the morning of 08-04-15. I filled him in on my situation....and was told that he would investigate the issue and call me back before Friday....well here it is late Friday afternoon and I haven't heard a word, I haven't seen my tractor in 2 weeks and haven't received 1 phone call about it.......this type of Factory and Dealer Customer Service is really unbelievable to me, by far the worst warranty service I have ever encountered. At this point I don't even know if I really want it back...so sad.

Stlmatt

Greetings Stlmatt,

I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems. I believe there might be some things you can do about it but it will require that you give your field service rep a second chance first. I assume you got his phone number which will make this much easier.

1. A field service rep is normally a sales personality with some technical knowledge and skills. So 1st off time slips past quite quickly for them. Its not an excuse . . its the pattern. And we can assume he/she may have had difficulty getting a response from the dealership owner between a Tuesday and a Friday.
You WANT to assume that because when you call him on Monday . . thats what you will tell him . . "I assume you've got lots of people trying to get your time and I assume it hasn't been easy to get a response from the dealership owner for my issues". That is your story Stlmatt and you want to be convincing.

2. Now you want the field service rep. to find a solution this week . . Either with your dealer or another dealer of the reps. contact. Because "you'd hate to go to the Regional Sales Manager or V. P. Of Customer support/service" - because you don't want the field rep getting any heat for your dealer's failings.

At this point . . you should start sensing a difference. The field service rep. hasn't been the cause of your problems . . he knows it and you've just told him that in #1. But now you've told him you were planning on going higher . . and he will understand now that he could start being part of the problem if he doesn't start pushing about it (you won't have to tell him) . . but you could slip it in the conversation as a concern (not a threat) that you dont want this to create a problem for him..

Assuming you don't sound threatening but do sound determined . . you should be hearing some followup suggestions and solution ideas coming in short order.

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #79  
Update 08-17-15

The field service rep called me 08-11-15, I was told he personally went to look at the unit and found that the Hydro unit was not producing the pressure needed to drive the tractor, the factory is replacing the entire hydro transmission. I was told the dealer would have the part on Friday 08-14-15 and should be repaired in a day or two after that.....now as to why this happened and what might have caused it....no one knows, I think it was like this from the get go.
Most of the blame for the bad service as been dealer related, they came and got my tractor then took a week off for vacation without letting me know....so the unit sat there a week doing nothing, I was also told that the dealer didn't have whatever tool is needed to confirm and test the issue I had. (that sucked) because if they had it I might not have had to gone though this issue now.....they could have figured it out the first time I had it there.
So as of right now I still don't have the unit....this coming Friday will be 4 weeks without it. Not to mention I scheduled the week off last week to do work around the house, but since I have no tractor nothing got done.....but I wasn't able to reschedule my time off so I wasted a week off;-(
I am expecting someone to call me today with an update but I wont be holding my breathe.
Axlehub, Thank you for all the info and advice.

Stlmatt

/ GC1710 vs GC1720 #80  
Update 08-17-15

The field service rep called me 08-11-15, I was told he personally went to look at the unit and found that the Hydro unit was not producing the pressure needed to drive the tractor, the factory is replacing the entire hydro transmission. I was told the dealer would have the part on Friday 08-14-15 and should be repaired in a day or two after that.....now as to why this happened and what might have caused it....no one knows, I think it was like this from the get go.
Most of the blame for the bad service as been dealer related, they came and got my tractor then took a week off for vacation without letting me know....so the unit sat there a week doing nothing, I was also told that the dealer didn't have whatever tool is needed to confirm and test the issue I had. (that sucked) because if they had it I might not have had to gone though this issue now.....they could have figured it out the first time I had it there.
So as of right now I still don't have the unit....this coming Friday will be 4 weeks without it. Not to mention I scheduled the week off last week to do work around the house, but since I have no tractor nothing got done.....but I wasn't able to reschedule my time off so I wasted a week off;-(
I am expecting someone to call me today with an update but I wont be holding my breathe.
Axlehub, Thank you for all the info and advice.

Stlmatt

Greetings Stlmatt,

Well things are improving . . good for you.

Now its time to start building on that success. So the field service rep. obviously was busy behind the scenes doing work the dealer should have been doing . . . and the representing you to the company directly as well. I'd say that servicev rep is probably swamped with activities but still quite effective.

I wouldn't be afraid to thank him for his efforts to date . . . but I'd also indicate that all these delays since you got the unit have hurt you. While he's been effective, the Massey "SYSTEM" and the dealer have made your life tough and you're wondering if they can "soften the blow" or put some "good memories" into this experience.

Now I'm not talking about money . . that would give the wrong impression. Maybe some kind of Massey attachment or accessory piece would help bring the smile to your face . . . AND MORE IMPORTANTLY . . . show Massey cares about its customers to other prospects. In other words . . you aren't trying to get something for nothing . . Massey recognizes their support system temporarily failed in this case or wasn't as responsive as it should have been in recognizing the problem way back when.

In other words . . you're giving them the chance to recover and be the "hero" too.

Field reps. are good at reading between the lines. They undetstand that something from Massey with the Massey name on it is a valuable recovery method. They don't want to hear how the customer made them "do something" . . they want to hear how there was multiple errors made and they made the customer whole.

What would it be? No . . not a cap or jacket . . . something tractor related that makes your life easier.

As an aside . . recognize you didn't lose your vacation . . you lost the targetted purpose of it . . but you still had a vacation.

I'm talking more about the weeks and trips before and the lack of use of equipment for many weeks since then.

The whole idea is the field rep did his job well so far . . and now you're giving him the possible idea Massey and the dealer can too.

What would it be? Let the field rep consider andcome up with some suggestions. Don't appear greedy . . instead let Massey be generous :)

Jmho