Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder

/ Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder
What are they going to do? Please keep me informed as to the status of your situation. PM me if you can.

/ Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder #12  
when is the last time you blew your air filter out?

Air filter is clean. Just checked last week.

/ Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder #14  
What are they going to do? Please keep me informed as to the status of your situation. PM me if you can.

The first thing they are going to try is the main driveshaft-they found some isue with it like rust and that it was out of balance. The main thing for me is they acknowledged it thanks to the AGCO Rep.

/ Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder #15  
Air filter is clean. Just checked last week.

fair enough.:)

i don't know what the problem with your machines is, and i have had similar problems with mine, but one thing i do know for sure is that if your air filter is dirty, the engine will run rough... and you will feel it in the hydraulics... at least that's the way it is with my machine. i have blown what seems like pounds of dirt out of my air filter and that has, on occasion, solved the problem.

other times it was just a matter of running the machine for a while after removing or installing the backhoe.

overall i'm happy with my machine (236hrs), there have been a few warranty issues, leaking hydraulics (repaired), front engine seal (replaced), premature ball joint wear (replaced) water/condensation freezing in tachometer drive cable (remove/blowdown/and oil), and loader cylinder seal issues (will probably have to rebuild cylinders every few years... probably same issue on all/brand scuts)

btw, if it does turn out to be a serious issue, keep us in the loop and we can be sure to get whatever recalls are necessary installed on ours. :thumbsup:

/ Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder #16  
fair enough.:)

i don't know what the problem with your machines is, and i have had similar problems with mine, but one thing i do know for sure is that if your air filter is dirty, the engine will run rough... and you will feel it in the hydraulics... at least that's the way it is with my machine. i have blown what seems like pounds of dirt out of my air filter and that has, on occasion, solved the problem.

other times it was just a matter of running the machine for a while after removing or installing the backhoe.

overall i'm happy with my machine (236hrs), there have been a few warranty issues, leaking hydraulics (repaired), front engine seal (replaced), premature ball joint wear (replaced) water/condensation freezing in tachometer drive cable (remove/blowdown/and oil), and loader cylinder seal issues (will probably have to rebuild cylinders every few years... probably same issue on all/brand scuts)

btw, if it does turn out to be a serious issue, keep us in the loop and we can be sure to get whatever recalls are necessary installed on ours. :thumbsup:

They are bad *** machines for being a SCUT. For me-it was all about the dealer experience. I would tell them there is something wrong and they would tell my I'm hearing or seeing things and send it back unfixed (they also tried to charge me $150 for the pickup and delivery which infuriated me even more). The shudder was apparent since day one-it was only because it will be out of warranty in May that I insisted it be fixed. Even with the shudder she had more than enough power. The AGCO rep came to my rescue-kudos to AGCO :)

After the warranty is done-I am done with the dealer so as of today-WANTED: Massey Ferguson Dealer that listens to it's customers! Customer willing to drive 50 miles if need be.

Oops,
looks like the next closest dealer is 70 miles away.

Last edited:
   / Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder #17  
They are bad *** machines for being a SCUT

agreed :thumbsup:

mine doesn't owe me a dime... paid for itself in landscaping/equity in about 2-3 months.

now it's all gravy... and the paint isn't even faded yet.:D

/ Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder #18  
I'm having a similar problem with my GC. I have about 40 hours on not and it is almost exactly one year old. I pushed lots of snow with it last year and had no problems. This year it seems like the hydraulics make a screaming noise real bad until I have used it for a while. I would attribute it to being cold, but I didn't have the problem last year. I've checked hydraulic fluid level and it appears to be ok. Still sounds like cavitation to me though.

Screaming is not an issue with mine. Have you ever driven a car with bad u-joints? That is the kind of vibration it feels like. I really focused yesterday while operating and it feels like it comes from the center of the tractor (driveshaft). Much ore pronounced under a load. My transmission whine seems non-existent since I switched to Amsoil.

/ Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder #20  
Ah. Thought I'd throw in my two cents worth.... I have a MF 1215. 14 years old now. When I bought it new it developed a shutter as well at about 20 hours after owning it. It being a Sunday and nothing could be done I decided to investigate my self. I removed the Hydraulic strainer to see if I had any metal there. Lord behold there was a large bolt in the strainer. I put it back together (without the bolt) and it ran like a champ. I took it back to the dealer to have them check it out the next day. They said it all looked fine and that size bolt was not used in this machine at all. Someone at the plant had to be jacking around. Has run great every since. I did have one other time it did something similar. I had just taken it and power washed it. Somehow I managed to inject water into the hydraulics. Through the vent is the only way I found possible. Your oil will get real milky. I had to drain it and refill it twice to work all the water back out. Never washed it since. Haha