Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder

/ Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder
After reading CDAIGLE430 post about the driveshaft, I decided to rotate mine 180 degrees to see if it would affect the vibration. I rotated it 180 and the vibration disappeared. The relationship between the engine and the trans must of been out of balance relative with the driveshaft. I operated about 5 hrs since and all seems good. On a different subject. I have been woirking my GC2610 quite hard. I have been carrying rocks via the backhoe with a heavily loaded bucket as a counter weight. Some of the rocks in the backhoe are estimated at 1500 ilbs. I can barely lift them and curl them in tight just high enough to drag. I have had the bucket maxxed to lift capacity with rocks and a rock in the BH and the front wheels have come off the ground while moving. Is this a bad practice to continue? Is this stressing the machine too much? Thanks

/ Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder #22  
After reading CDAIGLE430 post about the driveshaft, I decided to rotate mine 180 degrees to see if it would affect the vibration. I rotated it 180 and the vibration disappeared. The relationship between the engine and the trans must of been out of balance relative with the driveshaft. I operated about 5 hrs since and all seems good. On a different subject. I have been woirking my GC2610 quite hard. I have been carrying rocks via the backhoe with a heavily loaded bucket as a counter weight. Some of the rocks in the backhoe are estimated at 1500 ilbs. I can barely lift them and curl them in tight just high enough to drag. I have had the bucket maxxed to lift capacity with rocks and a rock in the BH and the front wheels have come off the ground while moving. Is this a bad practice to continue? Is this stressing the machine too much? Thanks
I don't have the backhoe, but I would say yes. From what you are describing that is a little much for the GC series.

While it may do the work on the short term, I think the long term effects of that kind of usage will take it's toll on the machine.

Sounds like a larger machine may have been a better option for your requirements.

Would it be possible to rent something for the larger work to save the wear and tear on your GC?

This way of operating was not in the plans. I only moved maybe a dozen very large rocks like this.. Once I am done with the rock wall the level of work should go back to normal. Just wondering if anyone else has operated like this with any negative effects?

/ Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder #24  
This way of operating was not in the plans. I only moved maybe a dozen very large rocks like this.. Once I am done with the rock wall the level of work should go back to normal. Just wondering if anyone else has operated like this with any negative effects?
The only way I can relate to that is with what my dealer told me last month while we were discussing my tractor.

He said he has had 2 hydro failures on the GC series.

1st was when someone tried to steal a GC from their lot. They apparently drug the tractor down the highway with a chain.

2nd, was someone who burnt the hydro out after a year of use. Dealer said the guy should have had a tractor that was at least 3 times the size of the GC, but the dealer was totally amazed at the amount of heavy work the tractor accomplished before it went.

Hopefully, the loads will get lighter and the Amsoil I just put in the trans will add to the longevity.

/ Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder #26  
There have been some major GC drivetrain failures reported by members. These have all been hard part failures, due to defects. All of which seem to have been corrected now, in later models.

No one I know of, has reported a wear related GC drivetrain failure.

Pushing the limits, obviously causes stresses that increase the possibility you might experience a failure.

As my friend said" Your using it not abusing it" I hope he is right.

/ Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder #28  

Glad it worked for you as well.

/ Gc2610 Hydraulic shudder #29  

I realise this thread is a little old, but I would add one thing. I have moved a few large rocks like this myself (less than a dozen). When I have the machine way overloaded like this I am acutely aware of the high stress applied to the rear axle. If the front bucket is loaded and the front wheels are nearly of the ground, the rear of the tractor is carrying the entire weight of the machine plus the weight in the bucket plus most of the weight clamped in the BH.

With that much load on one axle, I move the machine VERY slowly. Just barely creep along in low range. The objective is to not have the machine bounce or have any dynamic loading at all. Try to keep it as close to a static load as possible. Any bouncing or up / down movement will amplify the stress on the machine. I also use high engine rpm to keep the tranny cooling fan spinning fast and to have good pressure in the hydro.

You can overload it, but be smart, gentle and careful when doing it. Goes without saying, be safe. You have a lot of weight balanced on a little machine. Running any machine at its absolute max means you need to have heightened awareness as you have reduced your margin for error.

Good luck.