Buying Advice GCK60-BX Conversion to BX25

/ GCK60-BX Conversion to BX25 #32  
cheap option is to remove the rectangle stock spline, and install a piece of keystock,, it needs to be .750 x .875 inch by about 9 in long,
or you can buy a made up new section from Weasler for 50

/ GCK60-BX Conversion to BX25 #33  
IMG_20140913_140547.jpg

OK, first thing, sorry it took so long to get this up but had to wait in line at fab this time. The picture you see should speak volumes, large end to GCK60-BX and smaller side to back of BX25 / BX25D. Might also fit BX24. I think these older GCs were for 1800, 1860, 2200s which appear to also have shorter 3 point lower arms than the newer models.

Finished color is going to be Kubota Gray, But we can also do Orange if you like, makes it easier to find when you are looking. I designed mine 'cause the fellow I bought the GCK60 from couldn't find his prototype when I arrived to load. Anyway, I will add a couple more pictures of it in place, during fitting yesterday. If the rain stops I'll try to get a video done.

Should have a dozen or so real soon so let me know if interested.

/ GCK60-BX Conversion to BX25 #34  
IMG_20140912_113325.jpg. IMG_20140912_113259.jpg. IMG_20140912_111122.jpg

Before weld & paint I snapped these pictures during fitting to the GCK60-BX. The grass catcher is mounted to lower arms & up off the stand legs by a few inches, pulled up and manually swung forward to set the TOP LINK using the upper arms. Once the 2 pins go in, shut off the tractor, release the 3pt pressure and then pull the upper arm pins and that's it. EZ PZ Lemon Squeezy.

No price yet, but the estimate is looking like $75 total with two pins/clips. Having a bunch made to see how we do in production. One up fab is hard to get efficient so making a few dozen.

/ GCK60-BX Conversion to BX25 #35  
Thought I would post since I finally got my setup completed. I recently bought a used 2011 BX25 and sold my BX1800 but kept the rear bagger. I conversed with Doug several times during his manufacturing and took measurements of my old BX 1800 to compare to the BX25 along the way. When he finally got the finished product I bought one and he send out immediately. Great service and response. The new extension worked perfectly but then I realized I also was going to be too short on the drive shaft after I installed it with the new extension so had to buy the half shaft noted above at Tractor supply (price up to $109 now a days) and then cut ~6 1/8" off from it. Finished it up last weekend and tested it out on the leaves. Works great!!! Last item now is a band clamp for the tube from the boot to the bagger as the bagger sits back further so it doesn't want to stay on snug (as you can see in the picture). My plan is to add a band clamp on the boot itself so it doesn't allow the tube to go all the way down leaving more on the blower end.

Here are some pics.Iphone Oct 14 052.jpgIphone Oct 14 050.jpgIphone Oct 14 053.jpg

/ GCK60-BX Conversion to BX25 #36  
Thought I would post since I finally got my setup completed. I recently bought a used 2011 BX25 and sold my BX1800 but kept the rear bagger. I conversed with Doug several times during his manufacturing and took measurements of my old BX 1800 to compare to the BX25 along the way. When he finally got the finished product I bought one and he send out immediately. Great service and response. The new extension worked perfectly but then I realized I also was going to be too short on the drive shaft after I installed it with the new extension so had to buy the half shaft noted above at Tractor supply (price up to $109 now a days) and then cut ~6 1/8" off from it. Finished it up last weekend and tested it out on the leaves. Works great!!! Last item now is a band clamp for the tube from the boot to the bagger as the bagger sits back further so it doesn't want to stay on snug (as you can see in the picture). My plan is to add a band clamp on the boot itself so it doesn't allow the tube to go all the way down leaving more on the blower end.

Here are some pics.View attachment 395512View attachment 395511View attachment 395513

Well its year 2020 and I mistakenly bought the wrong grass catcher for my BX25. Thank you Guys so much for this. If these parts are still made I would be happy to buy one!!

/ GCK60-BX Conversion to BX25 #37  
   / GCK60-BX Conversion to BX25 #38  
dougkumo Ordered!! thanks!! any advice on the PTO shaft?

/ GCK60-BX Conversion to BX25 #39  
dougkumo Ordered!! thanks!! any advice on the PTO shaft?

Most folks who have purchased this top link report their PTO Shaft worked best from 13 3/4" to 15 3/4" length for best engagement to the Grasscatcher.
Mine was 14 1/2" and worked great.

If you need to lengthen it can be done with welding, so just find a local fabricator to help get the square stock and add a few inches. The key is to insure you have at least 1 inch interface inside the GCK60 coupling, more is better.