Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running

/ Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #31  
....not DA....you just forgot....it happens.

/ Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #32  
   / Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #33  
happened so much in last 2 weeks there is a DA issue there LOL
For me it is called AGE and it happens more all the time. :eek:

/ Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #34  
Don't beat yourself up Dmacleo, I'm 49 and a half (haha), and I sometimes do super dumbass stuff also. But...I do use powerservice year round, plus a biocide.

/ Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #35  
Fuel tanker driver here.
All diesel comes from the same tank, the additives are added at the truck fill point, to make the different blends. On the fill pipe there are injectors that add them in pulses, not steadily, so yes it takes some time for it all to blend together. I'm not sure where the bio-diesel blends get the bio added. Some truckstops add bio at the pump, and most truckstops require the driver to add a non-gelling additive when dropping fuel below a certain temperature.
Worrying about fueling after fuel drop is an old wives tale. Modern in ground tanks are plastic, so there's no rust to be churned up, plus the pumps have filters in them. They are electronically monitored for moisture, plus we use a water paste on the fuel dipstick. Those tanks are also cleaned occasionally, drained of fuel and any contaminants are suctioned out, I don't know how often, Above ground metal tanks may have condensation inside.
Sometimes the moisture in a fuel tank is from condensation on the vehicle. The fuel returned from the motor to the tank is usually warm, and that causes it.
Yes, I use Power Service in my trucks and tractor, it's cheap insurance. But READ THE LABEL!!!!! And dose correctly.

/ Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #36  
Fuel tanker driver here.
All diesel comes from the same tank, the additives are added at the truck fill point, to make the different blends. On the fill pipe there are injectors that add them in pulses, not steadily, so yes it takes some time for it all to blend together. I'm not sure where the bio-diesel blends get the bio added. Some truckstops add bio at the pump, and most truckstops require the driver to add a non-gelling additive when dropping fuel below a certain temperature.
Worrying about fueling after fuel drop is an old wives tale. Modern in ground tanks are plastic, so there's no rust to be churned up, plus the pumps have filters in them. They are electronically monitored for moisture, plus we use a water paste on the fuel dipstick. Those tanks are also cleaned occasionally, drained of fuel and any contaminants are suctioned out, I don't know how often, Above ground metal tanks may have condensation inside.
Sometimes the moisture in a fuel tank is from condensation on the vehicle. The fuel returned from the motor to the tank is usually warm, and that causes it.
Yes, I use Power Service in my trucks and tractor, it's cheap insurance. But READ THE LABEL!!!!! And dose correctly.
in rural areas tanks (especially for off road) are metal pony tanks so rust CAN be issue but....its very rare. pump pickups sit up high in tank. moisture (at least here) does not to seem to be a real issue as tanks have high turnover rates/usage.