Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running

/ Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #11  
Never use the red bottle, but I do have the white bottle.

/ Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #12  
Depends on the cost of the filter, if it's just gelled in can be cleaned with fresh warm fuel and brake clean;
if it is filled with wax particulate that is much harder to remove from a filter, gasoline with cut it but do you want to be
scrubbing sloshing gas around for several minutes if there is a faster and safer way.
I try and keep spare filters on hand, doesn't always happen so I have put a filter in a coffee can of gas, stuck it
outside gone in warmed up stepped out and sloshed it around gone back got warm and repeated several times,
don't really recommend that method but it will work gas is a convenient and available solvent.

/ Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #13  
Never use the red bottle.

You don't want to use the red bottle. But, you do want to have it on hand, in case you need it.

Once your fuel starts to jell, it's the easiest way out.

/ Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #14  
Depends on the cost of the filter, if it's just gelled in can be cleaned with fresh warm fuel and brake clean;
if it is filled with wax particulate that is much harder to remove from a filter, gasoline with cut it but do you want to be
scrubbing sloshing gas around for several minutes if there is a faster and safer way.
I try and keep spare filters on hand, doesn't always happen so I have put a filter in a coffee can of gas, stuck it
outside gone in warmed up stepped out and sloshed it around gone back got warm and repeated several times,
don't really recommend that method but it will work gas is a convenient and available solvent.

It's not about the cost, it's about availability.

Or, perhaps just getting it back in the shop, to work on it.

/ Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #15  
One bottle of Powerservice treats 250gallons of fuel;pretty cheap insurance.I use more than that in mine probably use a bottle for 40 gallons.

/ Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #16  
You don't want to use the red bottle. But, you do want to have it on hand, in case you need it.

Once your fuel starts to jell, it's the easiest way out.

Got it, thanks.

/ Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #17  
high temp of 3f with wind chill of -25f Tuesday.
guess what I am dealing with today LOL
put some 911 in tank if don't work in 2 or so hours will pull filter.

/ Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #18  
5 minutes of salamander aimed at filter tractor starts well comes up on power well.let run at 2k rpm for 15 minutes to get the 911 mixed into filter.

/ Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #19  
I have a question relating to fuel filters that gel up.

Can you take the fuel filter off, warm it up for a few hours sitting in a pan, wash it with some Diesel oil, and reuse the filter again?
I put a large ziploc baggie around my fuel filter, filled it with hot water, emptied, repeated several times to warm up the filter.

/ Gelled up the filter on the GC...quick fix and back running #20  
I put a large ziploc baggie around my fuel filter, filled it with hot water, emptied, repeated several times to warm up the filter.
I bet thats the most non invasive and safe manner to correct.
got to be careful running a kero heater (60 to 80kk btu can mess stuff up) under a tractor.
my filter has less than 50 hrs on it, just conditions and parking spot worked against me.
seems fine now though.
I will grab another filter when near dealer tomorrow just to be safe, really this was a fluke for me.