Getting an annual physical at the doctors

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #241  
just did my physical today.
they had a form asking about how often you are depressed, etc... I left it blank. And the one they made me sign about a no show fee, I drew a line thru the amount and signed it.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #242  
After I calmed down a bit I had to wonder...if we are constantly being told to be tolerant and accepting of the gay lifestyle, WHY are they not allowed to donate blood??? Of course, I know the answer.
They are allowed to donate blood.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #243  
They are allowed to donate blood.
So explain to us why the questions about sex with a man? My understanding is that if I had answered in the affirmative I would have been disqualified from donating.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #244  
So explain to us why the questions about sex with a man? My understanding is that if I had answered in the affirmative I would have been disqualified from donating.
There's a time period between activity and such.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #245  
And as with all blood donors, there's an honesty factor. Anyone can lie. IV drug abusers, people with hepatitis, etc.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #246  
And as with all blood donors, there's an honesty factor. Anyone can lie. IV drug abusers, people with hepatitis, etc.

That is why hospitals (at least those I’ve been associated with) will not use blood from blood banks that pay the donor.

High risk.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #247  
The "Medicare Update" paperwork I was requested to fill out when I was at the doctor's office a couple days ago made me quite angry. Not sure if that paperwork was a standard form from Medicare or from this particular doctor but it had questions that had nothing to do with medical problems. "Do you have a fire extinguisher in the house"? "Do you have smoke detectors in your house" "Do you wear your seatbelt"? If I had chosen to answer it would have been Yes to each question...but to me that is none of their business so I drew a line through each question and didn't answer. If they had asked whether I had a gun in the house I would have dropped the paperwork on the floor and walked out. I'm there for medical care, not to fill out a survey, not to provide data for some government agency that will use that data against me!

But there were no questions about sex..........
And after that they check your blood pressure, and tell you it's high and need to take drugs to get it down. ;-)

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #249  
And after that they check your blood pressure, and tell you it's high and need to take drugs to get it down. ;-)

Exactly! I bet my blood pressure was up by 30 points by the time I was done filling out their form.

/ Getting an annual physical at the doctors #250  
Just passing this on as it happened today at a regional medical center in the SF Bay Area... no medical connection to me.

Two weeks ago the 49 year old nephew of my friend had a stroke and rushed to the hospital... a battery of tests said 2% brain activity and the recommendation was to pull the plug at day 7.

Family quite emotional with everyone gathering and ultimately decided to accept the medical advice and said yes with tears flowing.

It was then discovered the nephew was an organ donor so the hospital did not pull the plug and at the same time the family made arrangement for the service and burial.

This morning as the nephew was being prepped for organ surgery the nephew woke up and clearly said who are you people and where am I.

The staff... in shock summoned the doctors...

Gives me chills to the bone...

Being an Organ Donor may have saved this man's life by delaying the pulling of the plug and his daughter still has her father.

Update... he is talking and drinking fluids... says he is hungry and the plan is start physical therapy tomorrow.

Last edited: