Gifted a Tractor... need help

/ Gifted a Tractor... need help #1  
Tractor
Kioti KL401
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Tractor

Hey team, this is my first post here. I hope I can get some illuminating responses. My in-laws have a Kioti KL401 (is that the real model# or is that just the loader) that's been sitting quite a while. I told them I'd take it off their hands and they said OK. I can't

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Wood Motor vehicle Font Bumper Gas

seem to find the year of manufacture by searching on the Internet and was wondering if anyone had a resource. I figure that's a big part of finding parts and equipment. I'm pretty sure it's 20+ years old. They said the ignition switch had gone up so I figured I'll replace it, get a new battery and change oil and filter (twice). Diesel in there is maybe still good? I'm assuming the hydraulics need some love but don't know where to begin. Needs a seat. Tire on the back obviously needs help.

I'm mechanical. Work on cars etc, just don't know much about tractors. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

/ Gifted a Tractor... need help #2  
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Tractor

Hey team, this is my first post here. I hope I can get some illuminating responses. My in-laws have a Kioti KL401 (is that the real model# or is that just the loader) that's been sitting quite a while. I told them I'd take it off their hands and they said OK. I can't

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Wood Motor vehicle Font Bumper Gas

seem to find the year of manufacture by searching on the Internet and was wondering if anyone had a resource. I figure that's a big part of finding parts and equipment. I'm pretty sure it's 20+ years old. They said the ignition switch had gone up so I figured I'll replace it, get a new battery and change oil and filter (twice). Diesel in there is maybe still good? I'm assuming the hydraulics need some love but don't know where to begin. Needs a seat. Tire on the back obviously needs help.

I'm mechanical. Work on cars etc, just don't know much about tractors. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
That is the loader model number, not the tractor. Drain and change all fluids and filters, especially the old diesel fuel. Year of manufacture is less important than the tractor model for ordering parts.

/ Gifted a Tractor... need help #3  
That's the loader number.

Kioti tractors usually have a CS, CK, or maybe DK prefix in that size. (I'm no expert on them, though).

Should be on the side of the 'hood' in large enough print to read.

Plenty of guys here with Kioti and guys with th know-how to get you going.

Welcome to TBN!

/ Gifted a Tractor... need help #6  
Welcome.
Nice!!!! The tractor model is the number on the hood. I just can’t make it out.
Yeppers change engine oil (diesel rated) and filter and drain out diesel fuel and replace with fresh BEFORE even attempting your first start.

Air in those tires should be the first order of business. Hopefully they are not cracked and will hold air.

Once you have flotation, you should be able to tow it to a good place where you can work on in comfort, safety and close to tools. Might have to tow it backwards and drag the FEL bucket along.

Looks like it is in reasonable shape. Good catch! Hopefully nothing has seized up and just needs new fluids and filters and some TLC.

/ Gifted a Tractor... need help #7  
Thats an older DK series probably a DK40 or DK45 probably a se version it is pre 2010 with the older light gray chassis paint. Also no emissions on that tractor, which is good. Nice tractor if you can get it running. It was common for the switch to go out on these, about $100 for a new one that is easy to replace. Definitely air up tires change all fluids and drain diesel and replace fuel filter it will be full of water. The serial number tag on the tractor should be up on side frame rail above front axle.

/ Gifted a Tractor... need help #8  
Once you know the model number, Tractordata will give you some basic information.

TractorData.com - Kioti farm tractors sorted by model

If it's a hydrostatic transmission, sometimes it;s not a good idea to tow them unless you engage some type of release mechanism.