Global Warming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Global Warming? #461  
There was one for the scroll wheel! Only had to look at the picture.

=================================

No one fears change more than those holding the winning cards, or naming the game.

And just what is the "change" you speak of in your last sentence?

The feared change is that those who own and control the levers of power, who operate these levers, might not get to go on with their customary business as usual.

It really doesn't matter that they only understand this world from their unique perspectives. They get to call the shots, and even if they are ignorant to a degree of what they are doing, they still get that kind of power and want to keep it, no matter who or what suffers. They work those levers in whatever way that they think will keep them in control of those levers. At that level, what else it there for them to do?

What do we get to do? We get to listen to what they tell us. What do they tell us? A million lies. We are free to take our pick of the lies. They know that only a very few can hope to sort out enough truth of the situation and that there will be little chance to effectively change the status quo. The controllers can keep us fighting each other and keep our eyes off the man behind the curtain.

So, we will do what we can in our own little neighborhoods and hope the empire doesn't notice anything that would make it nervous.

/ Global Warming? #462  
There you have it. No evidence in the past, no evidence in the here and now, and no way to predict the future. If one wants to point to a motive for such a grand delusion, one only has to remember the cure for this mythological catastrophe was the confiscation and control of most of the world痴 finances and business. In hindsight it was not Gaia who was trying to punish humanity for evolving to where it is, it was greedy liberals wanting to pick more pockets./QUOTE]

So now we have "IT", albeit no reference, no documentation. :(:confused2:

/ Global Warming? #463  
What if everyone could only get a 1/7,000,000,000th share, and no more, of what we all consume from this planet? I wonder what that would look like. It would be an interesting experiment in human non-exceptionalism.

That experiment is ongoing in a few Mexican border towns such as Tijuana.

Pat

/ Global Warming? #464  
Global sea level likely to rise as much as 70 feet for future generations

Posted: 19 Mar 2012 10:42 AM PDT

Even if humankind manages to limit global warming to 2 degrees C (3.6 degrees F), as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change recommends, future generations will have to deal with sea levels 12 to 22 meters (40 to 70 feet) higher than at present, according to new research.

Global sea level likely to rise as much as 70 feet for future generations

Pat

I'm thinking if we look back a few million years where we are now was under water. I know my area was. I can drive ten miles and find seashells on the mountaintops. Human memory is short range we really have no concept of what 5, 10 100,000 years is like. Much less understand the change of million of years.

/ Global Warming? #465  
There was one for the scroll wheel! Only had to look at the picture.

=================================

The feared change is that those who own and control the levers of power, who operate these levers, might not get to go on with their customary business as usual.

It really doesn't matter that they only understand this world from their unique perspectives. They get to call the shots, and even if they are ignorant to a degree of what they are doing, they still get that kind of power and want to keep it, no matter who or what suffers. They work those levers in whatever way that they think will keep them in control of those levers. At that level, what else it there for them to do?

What do we get to do? We get to listen to what they tell us. What do they tell us? A million lies. We are free to take our pick of the lies. They know that only a very few can hope to sort out enough truth of the situation and that there will be little chance to effectively change the status quo. The controllers can keep us fighting each other and keep our eyes off the man behind the curtain.

So, we will do what we can in our own little neighborhoods and hope the empire doesn't notice anything that would make it nervous.

Well,maybe its time for you to head back to the bush with your chickens and goats.Oh,and don't forget to take your favorite readings from Trotsky,Marx and Lenin with you so you can teach all those wild animals about"fairness" and such.

/ Global Warming? #466  
What if everyone could only get a 1/7,000,000,000th share, and no more, of what we all consume from this planet? I wonder what that would look like. It would be an interesting experiment in human non-exceptionalism.

I would find a way to create more for myself as quickly as possible.
That is in my nature. I don't feel limited because someone else has more or less. The "Pie" is not limited.

/ Global Warming? #467  
I would find a way to create more for myself as quickly as possible.
That is in my nature. I don't feel limited because someone else has more or less. The "Pie" is not limited.

The pie I'm talking about is 24,000 miles in circumference. It is big, but nonetheless limited. It can be used up, poisoned, altered in many ways, and the more people working on this project, the faster it can happen.

But of course one has to realize I'm not talking about political fixes here. I'm only trying to bring some awareness of the question of what this planet can handle in the way of resource and life support system depletion. Those old Communists that were listed above would have the state do the same harm that free individuals can mindlessly pursue when they are believing it's their birthright to take all they can grab. Just something a developing awareness might consider.

/ Global Warming? #468  
Ahhh Gullible warming.
Amazing how Gullible warming scarist can cry that we can breathe better here in the USA and it used to be like smoking a pack of cigarettes etc.etc.

Since you seem to be referring to my post I take offense.
I'm not going to spend the time looking up your background.

In the 1970's we probably hit the peak of pollution on the East coast. We had pollution from coal to the west and auto pollution. Many rivers were so polluted swimming was banned. Going outside almost any August afternoon required walking thru a choking smog.
In Ohio a river burned.

This has been GREATLY cleaned up.

But apparently Cat_Driver never had to live thru something like that.

As far a GLOBAL WARMING - I posted links to articles telling of melting Arctic sea ice. There are numerous studies showing the retreat of glaciers worldwide. But apparently FACTS like those
RealClimate: Worldwide glacier retreat
Retreating Mountain Glaciers Pose Freshwater Shortage: Scientific American
are to be ignored.

So don't call it GLOBAL WARMING, just call it Solar Holistic Increased Temperature.

Ignore the published documented photographed facts.

Nation & World | Report suppressed by Bush administration shows global-warming risks | Seattle Times Newspaper

Suppressed Bush-Era Finding On Global Warming Released | Fox News

That's the way some officials treat science. Shoot the messenger. If the facts don't fit what you want, suppress the facts. And make up your own.

It works so well for everything.

"We've learned that Iraq has trained al-Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases ... Alliance with terrorists could allow the Iraqi regime to attack America without leaving any fingerprints." -- President Bush, Oct. 7.

FACT: No evidence of this has ever been leaked or produced. Colin Powell told the U.N. this alleged training took place in a camp in northern Iraq. To his great embarrassment, the area he indicated was later revealed to be outside Iraq's control and patrolled by Allied war planes.

As long as people don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain,
attachment.php

they can go on doing what they always did and not be concerned about the future.

Until the Solar Holistic Increased Temperature starts hitting the Fatal Annual Numbers.

/ Global Warming? #469  
Since you seem to be referring to my post I take offense.
I'm not going to spend the time looking up your background.

In the 1970's we probably hit the peak of pollution on the East coast. We had pollution from coal to the west and auto pollution. Many rivers were so polluted swimming was banned. Going outside almost any August afternoon required walking thru a choking smog.
In Ohio a river burned.

This has been GREATLY cleaned up.

But apparently Cat_Driver never had to live thru something like that.

As far a GLOBAL WARMING - I posted links to articles telling of melting Arctic sea ice. There are numerous studies showing the retreat of glaciers worldwide. But apparently FACTS like those
RealClimate: Worldwide glacier retreat
Retreating Mountain Glaciers Pose Freshwater Shortage: Scientific American
are to be ignored.

So don't call it GLOBAL WARMING, just call it Solar Holistic Increased Temperature.

Ignore the published documented photographed facts.

Nation & World | Report suppressed by Bush administration shows global-warming risks | Seattle Times Newspaper

Suppressed Bush-Era Finding On Global Warming Released | Fox News

That's the way some officials treat science. Shoot the messenger. If the facts don't fit what you want, suppress the facts. And make up your own.

It works so well for everything.

As long as people don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain,
attachment.php

they can go on doing what they always did and not be concerned about the future.

Until the Solar Holistic Increased Temperature starts hitting the Fatal Annual Numbers.

I just loved, "Until the Solar Holistic Increased Temperature starts hitting the Fatal Annual Numbers."

Now that is funny! Also funny in a sad way is trying so hard to confuse someone with facts when their mind is already made up.

I have a friend with whom I never really got philosophical before but to my eternal disgust I did yesterday when he told me all about how "The flood" did some contortions and rearranged the topography such that there are layers of sea bed strata and ocean fossils in strata up in the mountains thousands of feet above current sea level (maybe not quite that high above sea level soon.) Oh and this was consistent with another of his truths, the earth is no more than 6000 years old.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Pat

/ Global Warming? #470  
Shall we be, as Patrick Henry put it, " willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it."

...or live in ignorance and denial, despoiling the birthright of future generations.

If you have insufficient facts at hand to forcefully drive you to a definite conclusion where one of the probable and likely outcomes is possibly negative to the extreme, would not the prudent person proceed with caution rather than abandon.

Is there a cliff ahead? You don't think so. Some good ole boys agree but some other folk say there is a good chance. What does the prudent person do, put the pedal to the metal or proceed with due caution?

There are times when bravery is foolhardy. "Dam-n the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" is not always advisable.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.