Comparison Going from 9n to modern

/ Going from 9n to modern #11  
Gman has some what a valid point, there are other brands available that seem to compete on paper, but in reality are inferior in design, function, and quality. Kubota has always been the gold standard, and let's face it; one gets what one pays for. Cheap isn't a quality to consider.

That's just the sort of thing someone with an underperforming tractor might say. :laughing:

/ Going from 9n to modern #12  
If you want to go Kubota might I suggest looking around for a low hour L2800. With loader they go for around $12-16K. Look on Tractor House.

/ Going from 9n to modern #13  
Gman has some what a valid point, there are other brands available that seem to compete on paper, but in reality are inferior in design, function, and quality. Kubota has always been the gold standard, and let's face it; one gets what one pays for. Cheap isn't a quality to consider.

I have been hearing this for years now but everyone who claims the gold standard thing for Kubota has failed miserably when they try to state facts to back up their claims!

Pleas explain how the other brands lack in quality as compared?

Please explain how the other brands lack or are not equal in design?

Most importantly please explain how something that has much better overall performance can be lacking in function?

I am not trying to bust your chops here but really trying to understand your point of view. Because even when the cost factor is taken out of the decision I still chose the Kioti and based on my experience with other Kubota tractors and my experience so far with the Kioti I would in fact choose the Kioti again.

/ Going from 9n to modern #14  
   / Going from 9n to modern #15  
Twice? Are you sure?

I guess it would depend on which specific capability we were talking about. It certainly wouldn't be twice the PTO power, but FEL lift capacity and height probably would be, and maybe close to that for 3pt lift capacity. It also depends on which tractor is used to compare.

The L2501 has 19hp PTO, weighs 2,500lbs, lifts 1900lbs on the 3pt (ends), 1,100lbs to 94" on the FEL, and 5.5gpm pump flow (rounding out those figures).

An LS XR4040H has nearly 31hp PTO, weighs 3,900lbs, lifts 2,750 on the 3pt (ends), 2,500lbs to 96" on the FEL, and 8gpm pump flow.

So not everything is double, but some are, and the overall capability might be close to double, but there's probably no easy way to quantify that. To be fair I think the going price for a 4040H is more like $22K, but another $2K for all the extra capability might be reasonable for the OP.

/ Going from 9n to modern #16  

Inferior in design function and quality??? Are you kidding. Yes Kubota has good quality but they're not the only kid on the block. As far as design and function I think your statement is based solely on opinion. Many of its competitors in specific size ranges have very nice design and excellent functionality and I'm sure there's just as many opinions that they may even be surpassing Kubota. Let's not get opinions confused with facts. And be respectful to each other.

/ Going from 9n to modern #17  
Inferior in design function and quality??? Are you kidding. Yes Kubota has good quality but they're not the only kid on the block. As far as design and function I think your statement is based solely on opinion. Many of its competitors in specific size ranges have very nice design and excellent functionality and I'm sure there's just as many opinions that they may even be surpassing Kubota. Let's not get opinions confused with facts. And be respectful to each other.

What he said:thumbsup: There are lots of options out there and I wont name any names

/ Going from 9n to modern #18  
Of those three choices and prices, I would be inclined to take a hard look at the Ford 1720. The XX20 series are some of the best compact tractors I've operated. If the hours aren't too high and the 1720 has been well kept, it could make you an excellent tractor and a HUGE step up from a 9N. Plus, a savings of 10 grand over the new Kubota L series. This is coming from a very satisfied L-series Kubota owner.
While it's fun to spend someone else's money and it's also fun to have a brand new machine, 10 thousand dollars is a substantial amount of money. And financing a tractor for anything other than a money-making business venture is not a good idea, IMHO.

/ Going from 9n to modern #19  
That's just the sort of thing someone with an underperforming tractor might say. :laughing:

Let's return to the original OP. Kubota vs old 9n. No one butted in here except you. Those of us with the Kubota model in question offered our advice. If you actually owned a Kubota you could throw in your two cents. BUT, since you don't why not keep your mouth shut. By the way, don't you ever pm me again.

/ Going from 9n to modern #20  
The L2501 would outwork any of the old Fords.We had two ,a 8N and 9N.Four wheel drive,power steering and a useful FEL.Just today we pulled out some logs with our L3000DT that the old Fords couldn't touch.
Go with the L series.

I wouldn't say that, that old Ford is 75 years old, with a little maintenance it will still outlast a brand new Kubota. Different gears, different torque curve, different feel, I put 200 hrs. per year on a Ford N series while my JD 790 sets in the yard. The bigger tires and bigger frame gives a smoother ride and more tire on the ground. I would say the new Kubota would be better for the loader, but that's about it. Maybe that doesn't matter to you guys but if I set on a tractor for 8 to 10 hrs. per day the ride gets real important. I'm not saying don't buy a new one, but for the money they will give you keep the old one too. You might find yourself using it more than you think, I love bush hogging with mine, and grading the driveway, and raking and tedding hay, I haul wood, dig post holes, spread manure, all while the new tractor sets. Just saying!!