Comparison Going from 9n to modern

/ Going from 9n to modern #21  
There's No way I would do a lateral hp move on a new tractor. If your at 20hp now, I'd be looking at machines somewhere around 35hp.

/ Going from 9n to modern #22  
I have a new L2501 that I've been using for a couple of weeks. With 4 wheel drive and FEL, it will way outwork my old '52 8N. There is just no comparison. I just finished rebuilding the old ford recently and got it back up to full power and with the 4 speed tranny on it...it's still no comparison to the "grunt" of a diesel on the Kubota. I still like the 8N and pull a 5' finishing mower with it just fine. The old Ford still feels more "solid", just something about old American Iron though...lol
A 35 HP would be nice but was just a little too much for my needs really. Just my opinion and experience.

/ Going from 9n to modern #23  
There's No way I would do a lateral hp move on a new tractor. If your at 20hp now, I'd be looking at machines somewhere around 35hp.

Exactly. I'd look at the L3200 at least, I got a quote of about 19000 for one, very capable machine IMO. Kubota is good, but not the only choice. Just for example, I'm very happy with my Kioti CK35HST.

/ Going from 9n to modern #24  
I wouldn't say that, that old Ford is 75 years old, with a little maintenance it will still outlast a brand new Kubota. Different gears, different torque curve, different feel, I put 200 hrs. per year on a Ford N series while my JD 790 sets in the yard. The bigger tires and bigger frame gives a smoother ride and more tire on the ground. I would say the new Kubota would be better for the loader, but that's about it. Maybe that doesn't matter to you guys but if I set on a tractor for 8 to 10 hrs. per day the ride gets real important. I'm not saying don't buy a new one, but for the money they will give you keep the old one too. You might find yourself using it more than you think, I love bush hogging with mine, and grading the driveway, and raking and tedding hay, I haul wood, dig post holes, spread manure, all while the new tractor sets. Just saying!!

I bought a new Mahindra eMax 22 last year and kept my 8N and 9N. Even though they are similar in horsepower, for ground engaging and heavy work the Ns are better as was said... bigger tires and frame and heavier. I use the 8N every week, sometimes twice, on a 125 bu. manure spreader. When it's full using the Mahindra could be a bit scary. The eMax sits, in the barn, more than the Ns. At some point I'd like to replace one of the Ns with something on the order of a Ford 3000 series, not for the h.p. but for the bigger heavier frame and newer features than the Ns, but would probably keep one for the spreader.

/ Going from 9n to modern #25  
If you are sticking with Kubota, I agree that the L would be a better series than the B for your move. Maybe even an L3300/3301. A little longer, wider, heavier... It will increase traction and stability.

I like the old 1720 NH tractors too... And $10k is alot of money. That tractor was built in Japan by Shibaura. They seem to have a pretty good reputation.

If you still like "Ford" or NH tractors, like already mentioned, there are zero connections to Ford anymore. Most of the "under 50" NH tractors are actually now built by LS-Mtron in S. Korea. They are good tractors. LS sells them under their own name all over the world, including here. It is pretty common knowledge here that they offer about the best "bang for your buck" of all the brands. The model: G3033 or 3038, was already mentioned. But, it would offer much more capacity, lift, weight, etc than most competing models priced at or under $20k. This model is sold as a NH WorkMaster 35.

I usually always suggest buying more tractor than you think you'll need, but you seem to have good experience in the seat. Could you see any future need for more HP or loader strength?

/ Going from 9n to modern
I have considered a lot and am now leaning towards the larger tractors. Ones I am considering now are the LS G3033, Kubota 2501 and the Kioti DS3510. The Kioti is 165 miles away and they want to charge me $660 to transport. If I ever had service required that would be a repeat cost so I am thinking I will check them off. Kubota and LS are within 20 miles and so far I think delivery will be free.

Price wise the Kubota is more costly, without my trade they are at $20,740 for tractor, loader and a box blade ($650) but having 2 . The LS dealer told me they were not sure they wanted my 9N. Could be fine because I may have a buyer. Anyhow first price from them was 18K for tractor and loader. If LS wants to deal or Kubota comes down in price I will probably select that brand.

Thanks

/ Going from 9n to modern #27  
I have considered a lot and am now leaning towards the larger tractors. Ones I am considering now are the LS G3033, Kubota 2501 and the Kioti DS3510. The Kioti is 165 miles away and they want to charge me $660 to transport. If I ever had service required that would be a repeat cost so I am thinking I will check them off. Kubota and LS are within 20 miles and so far I think delivery will be free.

Price wise the Kubota is more costly, without my trade they are at $20,740 for tractor, loader and a box blade ($650) but having 2 . The LS dealer told me they were not sure they wanted my 9N. Could be fine because I may have a buyer. Anyhow first price from them was 18K for tractor and loader. If LS wants to deal or Kubota comes down in price I will probably select that brand.

Thanks

You should be able to get the LS dealer to come down at least $500. Still, even at their asking price, you'd be getting a big bump in PTO power and a huge jump in FEL lift capacity over the L2501.

/ Going from 9n to modern #28  
Another big plus is the warranty... 5 years. I think Bota is the only brand remaining with only a 3 yr warranty.

/ Going from 9n to modern #29  
I bought a new Mahindra eMax 22 last year and kept my 8N and 9N. Even though they are similar in horsepower, for ground engaging and heavy work the Ns are better as was said... bigger tires and frame and heavier. I use the 8N every week, sometimes twice, on a 125 bu. manure spreader. When it's full using the Mahindra could be a bit scary. The eMax sits, in the barn, more than the Ns. At some point I'd like to replace one of the Ns with something on the order of a Ford 3000 series, not for the h.p. but for the bigger heavier frame and newer features than the Ns, but would probably keep one for the spreader.

Nice to see someone keeping the old iron in regular use. Good for you, you are saving a bucket full of money.