Good example of the value of KTAC insurance

/ Good example of the value of KTAC insurance #11  
We had a customer in that bought a new BX with KTAC insurance. A few dozen hours into using the machine he had a PTO shaft come off a rear mower that he did not secure properly. The spinning shaft tore up the PTO spline and broke a corner of the transmission housing. The nearly $5000 repair was paid with just a $250 deductable. No insurance adjusters, no headaches, we fixed up and away he went. Great example of why tractor insurance is a good idea.

"he did not secure properly" This is a good example of why insurance costs so much. This was a user error, self inflicted issue and insurance covered the damage. This is wrong, wrong, wrong.

/ Good example of the value of KTAC insurance #12  
Of course JOHNTHOMAS is right; it's just insurance. In my opinion, you simply have to ask youself one question about any insurance. If the worst happens (fire, theft, collision, breakdown, medical expenses, death, etc. depending on the kind of insurance), do I (or my family in the event of my death) have enough money saved up to recover? If so, don't buy the insurance. But when I consider the possibilities, I usually do buy the insurance.;)

/ Good example of the value of KTAC insurance #13  
When I was talking with the KTAC people about the coverage they offered I was very suspicious because it sounded too good to be true and I remember what my father taught me about that. I kept asking them about the fine print and provided them examples to see if it was covered.

I bought the coverage and I was glad to read OP posting, know I know I made a good decision.

/ Good example of the value of KTAC insurance #14  
"he did not secure properly" This is a good example of why insurance costs so much. This was a user error, self inflicted issue and insurance covered the damage. This is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Yeah, but I recall a long time ago, I thought I had mine secured. Needless to say about 10 minutes after engaging it, it was NOT.

I guess the key is tractoroperations.

/ Good example of the value of KTAC insurance #15  
New to owning my own tractor, and still just learning how to do simple things with it is why I went with the insurance. The peace of mind that you get knowing if you screw something up learning it could mean the diff. between a huge bill or a $250 deductable. Everytime I put my tractor away from using it and have'nt damaged or broke anything I consider it a good thing ( knock on wood , so far so good:thumbsup:)

/ Good example of the value of KTAC insurance #16  
Yes, Kubota will insure a non-debted tractor. I have insurance with them for little of nothing and full coverage and am not financed at all. I cannot, for the life of me, see why everyone here does not have said insurance, considering the bang for the buck.

just what does that mean ?

/ Good example of the value of KTAC insurance #17  
just what does that mean ?

It means that pretty much no matter what happens to the tractor whether it's your fault or someone else's they will cover it. For my B3200 w/ loader mine is about $175 a year and that's pretty cheap insurance to me.

/ Good example of the value of KTAC insurance #18  
It means that pretty much no matter what happens to the tractor whether it's your fault or someone else's they will cover it. For my B3200 w/ loader mine is about $175 a year and that's pretty cheap insurance to me.

That is cheap.

/ Good example of the value of KTAC insurance #19  
KTAC covers my B21 valued at ~ $12K and a trailer valued at $3K for about $140 a year. It gives me piece of mind leaving the equipment where it could be stolen. If I did not buy the insurance I would likely spend a lot more trailering the B21 back and forth.

/ Good example of the value of KTAC insurance #20  
We had a customer in that bought a new BX with KTAC insurance. A few dozen hours into using the machine he had a PTO shaft come off a rear mower that he did not secure properly. The spinning shaft tore up the PTO spline and broke a corner of the transmission housing. The nearly $5000 repair was paid with just a $250 deductable. No insurance adjusters, no headaches, we fixed up and away he went. Great example of why tractor insurance is a good idea.

Can you get KTAC insurance on a used kubota?