Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #11,601  
66F, .09 inches since midnight, but 1.6 for the storm

Luckily, got a lot of mowing done yesterday, before the rain.
Gonna check out some used submarine batteries with my friend today
Have a great day

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #11,602  
Ron, happy birthday to you and your cute great-granddaughter. She must look like the other side of the family because she's a whole lot better lookin' than you.:laughing: That's the way it is in my family too.:ashamed:

It was a cool morning until the sun got up here. I'm sure glad we got out to the garden early this morning. I have to go out an spray some insecticide since it has rained the last few days, but I'll do that late in the afternoon. The bees were out in force this morning and I don't want to kill or run them off. My cucumber patch sounds like a beehive from all the activity early in the day.

/ Good morning!!!! #11,604  
... Gonna check out some used submarine batteries...

Seriously? Those gigantic ones on Submarines? or simply submersible batteries?

Just curious...

David

/ Good morning!!!! #11,605  
Farmgirl, I sold a bunch of Amoco for 29.9 and 35.9. The first time I ever got $10 worth in one car was a new '68 Cadillac, everybody came to see the pump, we couldn't believe one car held $10 of gas!:D

I used to fill an F-100, and a VW Beetle, BOTH on a $10 bill, and get change! They both had 10 gallon tanks!

I mean, I have heard that used to happen! :laughing:

/ Good morning!!!! #11,607  
I recall pumping regular with full service at the obscene rate of 27.9 cents a gallon back in 1968, and if you purchased 15 gallons we included a free car wash (regular price 75 cents....)

/ Good morning!!!! #11,608  
Beautiful sunny day as you can see by my new house guest. Had the driveway paved last year sink hole this spring, contractor has been busy and I told him no rush when you get time! Wife was not to happy when she almost walked into him.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

Attachments

• image-781644261.jpg
    image-781644261.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 125
   / Good morning!!!! #11,609  
Seriously? Those gigantic ones on Submarines? or simply submersible batteries?

Just curious...

David

They come from the Atlantis submarines, a tourist thing. Three locations here in Hawaii, others elsewhere. These are an industrial grade made by Hawker. The batteries my friend is looking at are 2 volt, weigh about 75lbs each - approx 5.5"x6.25"x32" tall, about 800 amp hour. They also had a larger one at 1600ah. 24 to make a 48 volt bank for off grid system. Apparently some regulation makes them change them out with lots of life left, about 400 cycles used out of 3000.

Also found out the batteries in my system now run about $1500 each - I have 12 and thought the $10k at the time was an ouch.

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #11,610  
2013-06-20, 39 degrees right now (very pleasant!!) and a high of 75 predicted...no rain!

I've got some chipping to do...and a few more limbs to drop, but I'm too darn tired when I knock off work at the foundry. I hope this mild weather (with no rain) extends into the weekend so I can complete those chores.