Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #14,731  
good morning all. I need to get going, the motorhome is parked out front and the trash man is coming, and the dear teenage daughter across the street has once again parked opposite the motorhome. I can just see my humongous mirror dangling from its wires... so I sit here drinking my first cup of coffee, trying to wake up, and listening for the roar of the trash truck blocks away, so I know if I'm running out of time. Nadene wants to work in it today and clean up after our trip, and then back to storage, but one more trip! At least! Guess we have to head South...

Going to start getting motorhome winterized. Bummer Ron, don't tell my wife that. She thinks I can drive it in the snow....wrong.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,732  
we have calm winds and 46 this morning getting up to 71 today.the leaves are changing color fast.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,733  
2013-09-30, 0845

45 and overcast, but it's supposed to clear up and we should see 70 degrees today. If it's as nice as yesterday, I'm going to mow the lawn.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,734  
dave1949--A guy with a 450 dozer can do a lot of work in a short time and really smooth things out and get the water flowing in the right direction. We did many acres like that and actually turned them into pastures. We cut the stumps extra-flush to the ground and he skimmed them with dirt.

Some timothy seed, some cows to keep the brush down and the easy and cheap way out.

Ya, I know my dinking around for 3-4 hours is 15 mins. work with the right equipment. It does help give me an idea of what I want it look like when it's done.

It's a really odd feeling to see that space opened up, like whose property is this? :laughing:

Another good looking day out there, hope everyone enjoys theirs.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,735  
Good morning all. 47F going to 78F sunny and light breezes. Mow lawn, bike ride, and boat leaks on the agenda today.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,736  
OK guys! There have been so many requests for a pic of me running and dancing in the rain, au naturale, so I set up and took this photo. I had the camera all set up on delay in the house, so it wouldn't get wet, and ran out the door to dance.View attachment 339005

Wouldn't you know it, I had the windows open too, and there was a gust of wind and it blew the door shut, just as the shutter went off! Now it is no longer raining here. I tried. :confused3:

I'll bet it was a very cool gust of wind too. The kind that gives a temporary chill sensation. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #14,737  
Question on the rain in parts of Texas--when it rains 4 1/2" over a short time after months of draught, does any of it soak in or does it just wash the topsoil away into the low spots? Is the ground packed hard as a rock?

You can't get away from some erosion in a rain storm like that, but good preparation (terracing, ditching, rip-rap rock, and grass) will mitigate the damage. I have some areas of gray/red clay/chipped caliche that just ruts like crazy in a 1" rain, much less 4-1/2". I have other areas that have the surface covered in round gravel up to 1" diameter where the soil has washed away and left the gravel to accumulate over eons. Those surfaces have mostly self-healed and do not erode unless you do something silly like scraping away the surface gravel.:rolleyes:

/ Good morning!!!! #14,739  
Was 59 here this morning and had rained ovenight but only 2/10s. They say it should hit 78 this afternoon.

/ Good morning!!!! #14,740  
It's really scary, but it was 48.5 F here this morning with a huge dew that is still glistening on the grass so I can't mow.