Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,601  
Good Morning,
Anna Maria Island, Fl. 68 to start going to 82 ! Bright sun with a breeze, looks to be another good one !

Buppies, prayers your way and hoping for a better sleep tonite for you !

Dennis, safe passage for your son both ways now and in the future !

Thomas, take it easy on your back and pace yourself doing that heavy work !

Ron, beautiful picture of the cardinal yesterday!

Paul, that’s a lot of ice ! But better to have too much than not enough !

Hope all have a very good day ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #189,602  
Is it as bad as Andrew camarata’s drive up to his mountain?
I don't know, I've only watched some parts of a few of his videos. Just something about the way he ran his equipment and him that I didn't care to watch.

This is an older video I did of my drive a few years ago;

/ Good morning!!!! #189,603  
Morning all, 63 going to 87 and fog clearing to sun.
Got the new insulation up in the ceiling, and a piece of sheetrock up and taped.
Now the fun of sanding and smoothing, something I am terrible at.
Usual dog walk at peddlars village.

Then we got a flat on the wife's car.
Tried plugging it, but it seems the hole is too big as the tire was almost flat again this morning. Run flat tire going to cost $$$.

My Dad is talking completely random now, asked if I was still retired and living in Florida, and asked about what I drive and said the Jeep is a great small car.
Worried,

Prayers for you today Buppies.

Still 15 bags of mulch to put out and tomatoes to plant, but need to get ceiling done and new tire for car. Always something.

Be well,
20240428_133108.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #189,604  
I don't know, I've only watched some parts of a few of his videos. Just something about the way he ran his equipment and him that I didn't care to watch.

This is an older video I did of my drive a few years ago;
The lower end looks the steepest. Nice video.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,606  
Good Morning!!!! 50F @ 5:30AM. Partly cloudy early. Mostly sunny with gusty winds developing this afternoon. High 66F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph.

Good to learn most everything's OK with you Paul, but scary to hear about the hack. If major corporations can't be safe, what chance does the average person with an internet connection have? Any word on how they got in to begin with?

Hodge podge of a weekend this time around, but I did manage to sell the DR mower on Friday. Really nice guy, came from Big Sur, dodging road closures on Highway 1 on the way in and back. No haggling on price, showed up on time, mower even behaved itself on the test run. Wish all Facebook Marketplace/Craig's List transactions went as smoothly.

Decided to give the Strawberry Festival a pass. It was very windy with a bit of chill in the air, and reading the fine print revealed they do not permit concealed carry, nor even pocket knives. Not a very safe place to be IMHO. Instead I hit a local farm stand and scored not only the best strawberries I've had in years, but also fresh blueberries that made the best blueberry pancakes I've had in years. Nice consolation prize.

Also found half a wine barrel at a great price on FBM, another smooth transaction. It'll replace a rotten one housing a very large rose bush in the front yard.

The rest of the weekend involved a little hot tubbing, some hiking, and packing the bring backs and tools for the return trip up north today. Looks to be a dry ride, but with a bit of a headwind.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a great start.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,607  
Not a good night for sleep tossing and turning
Hope things can improve Buppies! Good rest helpful for all.

40F going to sunny 70F today. Spring is here!!

Goose still sitting on nest near barn. Gestation is supposedly 30 days so egg(s) should hatch any day. I saw one large egg in nest; there may be more.

Two marmots were harassing the goose yesterday morning. Dad goose showed up and a fight ensued-- marmots scurrying around with Dad and Mom protecting. Marmots have not returned.

Our "countdown to chaos" continues. We should get our new Golden Retriever pup about mid-June. I'm already worn out before the bundle of chaos arrives-- but we are looking forward to it!

Everyone have a great day !!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #189,609  
BEF, is that the car your son was driving? Yikes.

Plowhog, I've seen geese win most battles. Chaos...good term.

Just e-filed my state tax return...due Wednesday. I originally mailed it on March 14...but the check has still not cleared...$5.00 owed...TurboTax charged me $25 to efile a $5 tax bill. That's why I originally mailed it...it goes to my own local county Treasurer, but the USPS failed, I guess. Treasurer's office is about 20 miles away, and I'm not heading in that direction this week, so TT gets my $25.

/ Good morning!!!! #189,610  
... but the USPS failed, I guess. ...
Wife mailed something certified through USPS two weeks ago. It has been bouncing around between/around facilities since it left her hands. I could have driven it up to the recipient faster.

Even the status messages she gets are of no help in locating it, "...arriving at next facility..."

What utter crap.