Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #16,381  
fog and 32 this morning with a dusting of snow over night,we will hit a hi of 39 today.

/ Good morning!!!! #16,382  
16*, mostly clear and calm. ...

I guess I will catch up on some housework and take the dogs for a walk.

Have a good one!

Get some orange on the dogs--it's deer season. Local and cheap Wal-Mart blaze orange vests, cut down into making a band around the dog work well. After a horse got shot north of Bangor a number of years back it was common to see a horse with and orange band of cloth around it and "horse" written on it.

/ Good morning!!!! #16,384  
2013-11-21, 0745

14 degrees right now...high of 43 predicted.

Here's a news story I want to follow:

That's the first paragraph of the article on Fox...link to the story on Fox and CNN:
Boeing 747 mistakenly lands at small Kansas airport | Fox News
Boeing cargo jet lands at wrong Wichita airport - CNN.com

I think some body is going to lose their job over this...

I too am astonished by this. How did Air Traffic CONTROL let this happen?

I am incensed by the 85 year old in captivity in North Korea though... GRRRRRRR...

David

/ Good morning!!!!
#16,386  

I am incensed by the 85 year old in captivity in North Korea though... GRRRRRRR...

David

I would not want to be that pilot or that controller?

/ Good morning!!!! #16,387  
I would not want to be that pilot or that controller?

Nope...I reckon both are in deep doo doo...

My guess is they'll strip as much off the aircraft as possible to get it as light as possible for as short a take off run as possible.
Otherwise, they'll have to disassemble the 747 and truck it out.
Either way...millions of dollars and probably not covered by insurance.

Update:
Looks like they're going to fly it out:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/21/travel/kansas-cargo-plane-wrong-airport/

/ Good morning!!!! #16,388  
69F, no rain since midnight
Off to Costco

Have a great day

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #16,389  
Get some orange on the dogs--it's deer season. Local and cheap Wal-Mart blaze orange vests, cut down into making a band around the dog work well. After a horse got shot north of Bangor a number of years back it was common to see a horse with and orange band of cloth around it and "horse" written on it.

Thanks, got that covered. Orange vest, hat and kerchiefs on the dogs.

Haven't been many people hunting this year, at least not around us. Deer tracks all over the place, so I know they are present. I rarely see mature bucks here. I think they are more cautious than the does. Haven't noticed any fresh rubs or scrapes though either.

/ Good morning!!!! #16,390  

David

Someone was on a booty break? :laughing: I guess there is no tower where they landed, but surely someone could have told them they were in the wrong place.

The N. Koreans are crazy, or they like to make everyone think they are. Hopefully, the 85-year-old Vet is getting treated well while he waits.

I think in a repressive society where the tiniest error can be severely punished, that's the way it goes. Once someone decides to detain a visitor, the only real error the next person up the chain can make is to put them on the next plane. And so it goes.