Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,611  
Drew, I got deceived at Verizon store years ago. Well, they outright lied to me. This was back in the days when they offered “free upgrades” if you extend your contract I thought I had paid $70 for an upgraded phone. Until the bill came, was over $400 added to bill for the phone. The $70 was for a screen protector and a case that was worth $10.
I should have read the paperwork at the time, but I went by what they said. When I went back they disavowed saying what I heard, and pointed to the paperwork. Never again will I deal with one of their stores. Bought my last 2 phones online from Apple.
it was about that bad this morning and now I have to go back tomorrow to see the area manager.
they absolutely deceived me, guy said it wasn't free regardless and of course I had thrown the box for the Ipad away.
I'm taking it back to them with the charger tomorrow.
I may have to cancel my entire account with them.
I have FIOS at home, really stupid of them. Plus I have another carrier's mifi I can switch to immediately.
they have my business to lose and they are sure trying hard to accomplish that.

picked up my taxes, nothing due
not very warm out yet but trying.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,612  
Good Morning Lou ,
the same reason I buy fuel tanks so that I own it and can do what I want with it, switch suppliers or providers.

Yes, I own my propane tanks in both Vt and Ct, you can switch providers easily and you will get a better price on your fuel ! Also no rental fees !

/ Good morning!!!! #187,613  
Good Noon.
It’s 41, been that since I got up.

Yesterday worked on speakers, and changed the oil on the little plane. Not a lot else accomplished.
Today, I put a couple of coats of finish on the speakers, took 10 gallons of waste oils to my buddy, he heats his shop with it.
This afternoon I’ll be back on the speakers, do a little machine work on some model airplane wheels for a friend, and get some pork rubbed and ready for the smoker. I’ll fire that up tonight when I get home from the oddfellows meeting.

Drew I had similar bad experience with Verizon, and while I do have FIOS, I will never have them a a cell service provider again. I went to T-Mobile from them and to AT&T before T-Mobile offered iPhones.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,614  
62°F and .09 inches rain and raining

Never did get any mowing yesterday. Not a lot of rain just enough to keep things wet. Today starting off same although the sun is trying to peek through giving me hope for this afternoon.

St Patty’s day Happy Hour a resounding success. I did think I had plenty corned beef but the leftover wouldn’t make a decent sandwich.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #187,618  
Well, after trying to waste the day working on pictures again, I finally got my butt in gear and headed outside. Started by bringing a few bags of pellets to the porch, will need to turn stove on tonight. There's a rock sticks out of the ground beside the barn, I've had firewood piled on and around it for several years. A month or so ago I put the good wood on a pallet, and used grapple to get rid of the bad stuff. So while I had the forks on I got the pallet of firewood moved, and some jugs of oil that need to go to recycle before the UV rays cracks the jugs. Someday might put a lean to on that side of the barn, so when I put stone down, I want it at right level for a concrete floor that would be level with the barn floor. So I'm digging the dirt out some, will put landscape fabric down before putting stone down. That rock sticking up is in the way, so turned around and tried to pull it out with the backhoe. It wouldn't budge. Dug at least 2 ft more on the right, 1 ft more on the left, but still couldn't budge it. Looks like I'll have to drill it and let water freeze and crack it. A big chuck of limestone. Sometimes I can peel limestone apart with the BH teeth, but couldn't get any off of this one.
I should have moved more stuff from behind the barn to get a better angle, but since that would have taken too long, I just tried to work around the rock. Ended up getting the little BX out to help get behind the rock, but should have taken mower deck off, but didn't.
STC_2723.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #187,619  
Good afternoon!!!! 70F @ 2:30 PM. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 74F. Winds light and variable.

I switched from Verizon last fall when I started home internet with Xfinity. I'd been with Verizon for gosh, maybe 30 years, first with pagers, then cell phones. When I moved up here in the sticks service was pretty poor, but over the years it had improved to almost be reliable. But in all my travels, it seemed I often had service when others did not. Xfinity offered an unlimited data cell plan for less than $20/month with their land based internet service, so I thought I'd give it a try. It works just fine at both homes, but so far the cable internet service has had more outages than the Starlink at the other place, some lasting half a day. But it's much less than half what Starlink charges. But when the cable is out, the cellular service keeps working, so it hasn't been a deal breaker. And even though the cable is supposed to yield 1 GBPS down, I've found very few servers on the 'net that can operate at that speed. I usually see half that on the WiFi devices; I don't have anything that uses Ethernet at the other place. Part of that is due to the TP-Link Deco mesh system which uses a new, supposedly faster, 802.11 protocall, but it's a weak signal and the traffic between the nodes is much slower than 1G. At some point I'll run Ethernet to the nodes, which is supposed to fix the speed problem, but in reality there's no problem to fix at 500MBPS. The real advantage to the Deco is it was truly plug-n-play, a far cry from the disappointing Unify gear up here. I won't miss that at all when I'm finally all in one place.

There are a few Irish whiskeys on the shelf down south, but up here I had to make do with a sip of Scotch and a pair of Guiness Drafts last night. No corned beef, either, the main course was NY Strip, rice, and a big salad. Didn't wear green, either, but never left the house, so who cares?

Been cooped up in the bathroom putting on a second coat of paint today, but this looks like good enough to me. Too nice to stay inside, so after a late lunch I'll dig in to the wheel bearings on the 7x14 trailer. I'd be surprised if I have enough grease to do all four wheels, but I plan to take care of some other business in town tomorrow and can drop by TSC for more while I'm there.

Hope everyone's week got off to a great start!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,620  
I really should grease the both trailer wheel bearings, I keep saying it but it never gets done. I don't use the big trailer though but once a year or so.
Trying to get the rock. The ground slopes away, so it might be close enough, I'll have to use the laser level and see how it compares to the slab height.
Temperature dropping all afternoon, now 39 deg. The wind got cold.
STC_2552--diggingBH92.JPG