Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,621  
30F with light, fine snow @ 18:00, heading down to around 24F overnight. Chance of snow 70% mainly before midnight, accumulation of less than 1".

Nothing 50F or above in the Ten Day until next Monday ... :(

Got the hopper feeder and both tube feeders refilled the other day when it was halfway warm out. Also scattered a mix for the ground feeders.

After that I did a little mowing and chopping of leaves on the lawn before I decided it was too windy, wet, and chilly to bother with it.

Forsythias were popping though:

IMG_3125 copy.jpg

IMG_3126 copy.jpg

And the daffodils as well:

IMG_3124 copy.jpg

Iris and peonies are coming up, day lilies as well ... but those have been getting clipped off by the deer ... 🤬

Put Cub away after that and came inside.

Spent more timing going through and sorting out paperwork and shredding.

Need to water indoor plants today.

Tomorrow is trash day and recyclable pick up is this week so need to haul those up to road.

Hope everyone is having a decent Monday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #187,622  
Good (Tuesday) morning. Overnight Low was a balmy 19.1C and it's presently 24.9C, overcast with drizzly rain and calm heading to a predicted windy arvo. There was 10.9mm of rain in the gauge @ 0900.

A 'grey day' with not much going on.

That's about it, take care all.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #187,623  
Good evening! 51˚F. On the way to PT this morning I realized I did not get a PT notification text so I was not surprised when I inquired about my session today and found out it is actually tomorrow. No problem just kept going down the road to Bastrop to pick up 2 of the completed taxes and mail them. Finished the 3rd today and getting a tiny refund back, I like cutting it close.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,624  
Good evening all. 41ºF for the start, partly cloudy, light breeze. Moderate wind, sky cleared, and high temp was 58ºF. Made coffee to start day, puttered, got Fidelity report to tax people, Did some leaf control, the lunch and went for bike ride, wanted to take a nap but not enough time, had ICVFD board meeting on golf fund raiser.
Ron sorry about winter's return. Glad you could help get the lawn tractor running. Nice you could catch some NASCAR. Hope you got ready for limb chipping. Nice woodpecker pic.
Bill hope you are enjoying the snow. Sorry about the family farm getting razed. Hope you don't freeze finding the cords.
Billy my wife had several encounters with tumble weeds in western Kansas. One time her front door got jammed shut from the tumble weeds. Glad you got more oil in the axle. Squirrel must have have surprised. Hope hike was nice, dinner sounded good.
Mike sorry lawn mowing started so soon. glad you and wife got tree taken care of. Hope day job not too bad.
Buppies sorry about the trash in your yard. Hope you are getting enough sleep. prayers sent.
Drew hope session at Verizon went well. Hope dinner was good and fun.
Dennis good link!!
Scott(vt) sorry you have to leave Vermont so soon. Sorry progress so slow on rocker seat bottoms. Sorry to hear about the drowning.
Dennis sorry about your experience from Verizon.
Thomas Prayers for all who knew her.
Thomas sorry about needing a new hoe. Hope temp warmed up.
Ken good to hear garage floor getting bigger. Sorry to wet to use tractor to move branches. Good to see the blooms. nice pics.
Don nice rain total. Hope PT and taxes went well.
Drew sorry session with Verizon went so poorly.
Paul sounds like you got enough done. Speakers sound close to done. Hope oddfellows meeting good.
David sorry no mow. Glad St. Pats HH good, sorry no left overs. Hope you got to mow today.
Dennis glad you got outside, sorry rock so hard to remove. nice pic
RNG sorry your cable is so unreliable. Hope it improves. Glad you got enough done on bathroom to get outside. Hope trailer bearings went well.
Dennis I have too many projects I need to do, working on list to get more things done. Good luck with rock.
RS sorry about your cold spell. Hope you got lawn ready for spring. Nice pics.
Randy(wag) hope you got enough rain.
Don sorry you had the PT day wrong. Glad taxes were close to correct.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,625  
Today’s wx pretty much followed same pattern as yesterday. Not a lot of rain just enough periodically to keep everything wet. Hence still no mowing.

I did get to work on the fireplace, replace the bad transformer and the control module. Added a fan module and wifi remote control. Now we can access from either iphone, ipad, even my watch. Even have a remote temperature/thermometer function. Need to work on placement of the thermometer module, but not critical.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,626  
Coffee is brewing. 27° with mostly cloudy skies. this morning. Heading to 44° with snow then winds and cloudy skies. Yesterday was not the weather forecast. Never got above freezing with off and on snow flurries. Did get tractors filled with fuel and lubed. Trip to Rural King for a order that arrived. That may be about all I get done today.
tdCrVvH.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,627  
Up since 3:30
really sore from working yesterday.
One tire on tractor was a bit low yesterday. Also fueled it. The shaker hose works well, start it flowing and do something else while it empties the can.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,628  
Good morning, the low is 12 and going to a high of 32°F. Wind N 2 mph. Snow. From yesterday till this morning we got about 3/4", on top of the inch we got yesterday.

Yesterday I got the block heater cords sorted out again. I had tucked the Dodge cord back into its' hiding spot for the summer. The tractor was just a case of plugging it in. The cord for it is always exposed. Checked the remotes when I got back into the house. All work as intended.

The warm weather last week started the mosquitoes and black flies hatching out. Now the cold weather will hopefully kill them off. Fingers crossed.

BEF, while the fuel can is emptying is a good time to grease. When I used cans to fuel my tractor, I monitored it carefully and supported the can. I don't need any spills.

Today is another energy conservation day.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #187,629  
good morning all
glad it's not snowing here, but sure got colder, 34 out now going up to 50's in sun and clouds
busy morning, off early to dermatologist, then food shopping, hair cut at lunch time, then after lunch I head for
Verizon for what I'm fairly sure will be a poor experience.
If I hadn't bought the phone from them, and then locked in service to them for three years, which of course is what they want, I'd
move the cell business to someone else.
I told the guy I had been with Verizon for more than 40 years and was not happy.
He seemed like he had heard it all before, and call in the boss and let the boss put the fire out.

my friend made shrimp scampi over angel hair for dinner last night, enjoyed that and the time together.
She asked me to look at a broken light switch, the simple on off one and asked if I could put in a new one.
Normally I don't touch electricity but replacing a light switch is not that hard. This is an older home, and the only choice I had
in buying switches was the choice of grounding tabs. Newer ones apparently ground to the box, and older ones to the ground wire?

switches are about four bucks retail until i found a deal on ten for 8 bucks from Amazon. Labeled GE. ?
I think I will buy the two Leviton switches she needs and will splurge for the four dollar ones.
This is saving her a 300 dollar electrician call.

my dermatologist just had her second child. Can't imagine how she puts in ten hour days and then goes home to little babies.
Lot of women have no choice. She is a very good doc and very thorough. In fact I went to her after cancelling another dermatologist
who only spent five minutes with me. She spends 15. I've had two melanomas already. Unlikely third will be a charm so I take these visits
seriously. Like Buppies does.

hope you all have a good day and accomplish what you want.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,630  
BEF, while the fuel can is emptying is a good time to grease. When I used cans to fuel my tractor, I monitored it carefully and supported the can. I don't need any spills.
I greased it all not too long ago. Can sits on the hood, it ain't going anywhere. I did air up the tire while it was fueling.