Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,061  
I scored some fine tractor pics this morning.
met neighboring farm owner in grocery store this morning, he invited me over for a tour of his farm,
which he mostly rents out to a real farmer with a CSA there. Mostly old JD tractors, nothing fancy about this place.
No new Kubotas here...
so we went all around his 65 acre place including the tree line where the drainage ditch ends, the creator
of Lake Drew. We both agreed that cleaning out my ditch would not help until other four property owners cleaned out their rear
ditch also. Likelihood of that happening is poor.

the Cub has a nifty modern cultivator on it. The 544 Hydro is apparently not a runner and they would love someone to take it.
Hmmmmm
no room for what I have now. Sigh.
I wish I had time/money to work on that 544, very cool tractor.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,062  
I wish I had time/money to work on that 544, very cool tractor.
that's a much larger tractor, compare the two pics
odd
Tractor Data says hydro one of four available transmissions

/ Good morning!!!! #188,063  
Dermatologist called back, basal cell carcinoma. Surgery scheduled for Monday.
Prayers sent for a good outcome to your surgery.

Be sure to point out that AFTER the good job comes RETIREMENT where you can sit around and file old photos or whatever.
You're right. They need to know to keep their eyes on the prize. And the real prize comes even after retirement.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,064  
Good Morning!!!! 59F @ 10:45AM. Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 62F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.

Put a new top on the workbench yesterday, then made spacers out of 2x4 and 4x4 so I could screw it to the wall. Very solid now. I made the workbench fifty years ago as a teenager from wood salvaged from the packaging for the laundry equipment my dad got to open a new laundromat. That 2x4 yellow pine hasn't gotten any softer or lighter over the years, and tightening up all the carriage bolts holding it together stiffened it up considerably. Today I'll mount a short set of shelves and a sheet of pegboard to the wall behind it, then unpack a dozen or so boxes of tools and paint.

Then pack a few things and tools for the trip back north tomorrow.

I keep forgetting to mention that the hot tub has been up and running for several days now, and what a relief it is to soak in those hot bubbly waters. Not exactly a cure all for sore muscles and joints, but they feel a lot better while I'm in the water.

Happy Hump Day, folks!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,065  
Interesting article Drew about the incidence of cancer on those born after 1990 which may be linked to eating more processed foods. It is possible this may be a serious contributing factor too.
Poor diet, excessive antibiotic use and certain medicines can cause an upheaval in this microbiome, which could then play a role in facilitating cancer.

I recently ran into a retired surgeon who I have known since the early 1980's. He brought up how medical practice has changed so much and how people want a drug for any and every ailment. All the medicines people take nowdays might be causing a lot of these problems.

My brother is 2 years younger than me. He has always taken more medicine than I have. He has some health problems that I don't have. He still takes medicines every day. I take a rare asprin or two. Sometimes I think the attempted cure is worse than the ailments.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,066  
Good Afternoon to all the fine folks in the Good Morning thread! Beautiful day in Texas with bluebonnets still blooming all over! Was out near Mason, Tx early this morning and everything was so beautiful out there. I wish I had time to get pics but didn't even think about it. Temps are cool today. In the low 40's when I left this morning and only up to 60f now at 1pm. Time left this afternoon to get outside and into the building to play around with all the stuff out there.

Hope everyone stays well or gets well, eats good and has a chance to love your families today!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,069  
Good Evening,
The 544 Hydro is apparently not a runner and they would love someone to take it.
Hmmmmm
Drew, that would be a fun project ! Although I’m not sure about the hydro ! Think I would rather have a geared trans ! Maybe Lou could cast some light on that !

Hope you have a good evening ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #188,070  
Scanned and labeled files for 2 photo albums today. Took all day, need to submit my time card, who's paying? LOL
Scanning doesn't take long, it's the recording of what who and where. Might rescan one album I first scanned 10 yrs ago, as it was lower quality then.