Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,071  
Good EXTREMELY BELATED Good Morning!!!!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

Forsythia is blooming, daffies are fading. And more importantly today is the second anniversary of my buying my Case 430!!!!!!!

tax season has been very busy. I have not really had much interest in going into a screen after staring at screens for hours on end, but I figured today was an important enough milestone to check back in 😁👍.

we have managed over the last week to scratch out some time to do some “us” work on the woodlot. Our neighbor wanted a key to our hat to access the back of his property, !Ra is adamantly opposed to giving up keys… so we are building some new rustic wattle fencing and I will relocate one gate and build another so our lot is (reasonably) secure but neighbor has unrestricted access

IMG_0306.jpeg

IMG_0308.jpeg

Having the mini-ex was a YUUGE help with sinking the logs for the new gateposts. The metal gate will be relocated to the right, and I will build two wooden gates to go to the left.

i have not read any posts on the thread since I last posted almost two weeks ago, and I am heading for the shower and probably won’t catch up for a while, but I just wanted to let you all know I am still around and look forward to the end of tax season🤮

stay well, all!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,074  
Good (Maundy Thursday) morning. Overnight Low of 12.3C and it's presently 20.6C, clear & calm.

Yesterday's town-trip started with getting "Hollywood Parking" outside of the Post Office, which was great as a mysterious case of wine had arrived for collection. I then attended the monthly coffee 'catch-up' with local veterans followed by my weekly grocery shopping.

The arvo was taken up with assisting a Mate take down a couple of State election 'vote for me' signs. I then swung by the Church Hall to inspect how my temporary water pipe repair was going... it's 'sort of' holding; dribbling with a bulge on the tape. We definitely need a plumber to repair.

Hopefully today I can get at mowing around the house this arvo, followed by an evening (1900) Maundy Thursday service at my Church.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,075  
Good evening all. 40ºFfor the start, partly cloudy, and light breeze. Light wind, variable cloudiness with virga, and high temp was 63ºF. made coffee to start day, Men's meeting then worked on taxes. Called tax people and got questions answered, just need to send documentation in., they will file extension should be even or small refund. Got bike ride and nap in, then dinner with the group. Did get all the laundry done, can pack for Kerrville trip. Will leave in morning, and join up with 2 Saturday riders for 200 miles of biking Friday-Sunday. Happy Easter all.
03/26/24 7:33 AM CDT:
RNG sorry about the wind, glad you got the Masonite and pegboard to van in 1 piece. Sorry to hear about the property tax bite. Hope you can get your packages delivered soon.
John(jjt) welcome to GM thread and thanks for the quickie Bosch review.
Scott(vt) glad they found the problem and working already.
Dennis good to hear son found right place. Hope he did alright with little sleep. Good to hear progress om pic scanning.
Dennis that should be a neat pic
Drew glad tree are trimmed, hope you got some recovery time.
David hope you made good progress on office cleanup
Two_bit one of the talking heads noted there were no protection pillars in the Baltimore bridge.
Lou sounds like a good video, sorry you can't find it again.
Dennis rough way to start a new job.
Lou thanks for video link.
Frits thanks for the info from D8.
Drew one of the talking heads I heard did say with that style bridge all the spans should not have come down.
Randy(wag) hope town run was productive.
03/27/24 3:40 CDT:
Ron good to hear corner stuff now has been organized, and another area of barn as well. Really nice you found your Bosch Sawzall. Hope loft cleanup progressing well. Squirrel looks healthy.
Buppies thanks for the prayers. Hope the healing process continuing and sleep is coming easier.
Billy thanks for warm thoughts. Glad you could get splitter out without messing with the birds. Glad splitting progressing, hope i started ok.
Drew I don't see adds.
Mike sorry you are stuck inside with paperwork.
Ron thank you.
Ken nice to hear son getting plenty of driving instruction. Thanks Ken, I hope so too. :)
Bill hope you were able to conserve lots of energy.
Scott(vt) sorry you had to work today. Thanks for the prayers.
Paul glad thinks are dry enough to check out Lazer. Hope you can get to manure bin soon. Hope grills showed today. Nice you got some GS time.
Thomas sorry about weather ruining your plans. Hope you could earn your dinner.
Thomas thank you for the kind thoughts.
Don I noticed the rain hear washed a lot of pollen on the cars.Hope you got some seat time. I have to hang in there orders from the family :)
Frits good to hear spring is coming.
Gale sorry about 30yo pump died as well as the tank. Bet 30 years on inflation a bit steep.
Scotty good to hear more seat time. Sorry about April 15.
Don interesting about your relative.
RS sorry about the elephant ear issue, at least its not deer not eating them :) 200 plants lots of tomato plants. Hope you get the bit holder done.
Drew no exhaust stack cover so engine is likely locked. Glad you got the tour of farm next door, sorry other ditches not getting cleaned up.
David glad office clean up is progressing, Giving up your flight training books and material had to be very hard. That is a long time for those tractor to be in limbo.
Two_bit thanks for the prayers.
RNG glad workbench now in better shape. Hope you were able to unpack more tools. Good to hear hot tub up and running.
Two_bit sorry you didn't get some pics. Hope you got your play time in :)
David thank you for your well wishes.
Kilroy thanks for checking in. Love the pics, 2 weeks to end of tax season :)
Buppies sorry to hear bad day today.
Randy(wag) glad good parking to assist with wine retrieval. Hope you can get plumber to work issue soon. Hope you got mowing done.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,076  
Two_bit one of the talking heads noted there were no protection pillars in the Baltimore bridge.
Have not heard that specifically but in a video someone posted, I think maybe Lou,there were no indications of any protections for the supports.

Already hearing 'conspiracy theories' so will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Hope you have good weather for your bike trip! Enjoy!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,077  
Poured first cup of coffee. 21° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 48° with plenty of sunshine. Had to repair 2 of my bird feeders. Deer are using them for head rest while trying to get feed out of feeders. Replaced light weight tubing with 3/4 solid steel rod. Will see if they can bend that. Got started on wire cleanup. Now have a clear area to walk without tripping on wires. Still more todo. But will save that for a rainy day. Grocery shopping this morning. Then back at chipping up pile of limbs.
Not sure I put out the right flavor seed cake.
id8K22e.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,079  
Good morning, the low is 30 and the high to 37°F. Wind S 8 mph. 60% chance of flurries.
We got enough snow overnight to turn my brown (gravel) driveway white again. It wont stay.

Today is dump/town run day.

I'll stop at the local building supplies place and pick up 6 or 8 patio slabs for the fuel tank.
The hose reel should be in soon as well as the tank.
I will dig a hole with the BH and stuff two 4x4's into it, side by side and dry mix with plenty of water 7 or 8 bags of stone mix cement.

I spent most of yesterday searching for Canadian made prefab garages. They range in price from $15,000.oo and up. The sky is the limit on those things. If I can't have a 20x50' quonset hut, then I will go with a prefab straight walled garage BUT it must have at least 5/12 pitch.

Ron, your Blue Jay looks to be saying what is this sh*t? Looks like it doesn't understand the concept of if it is free shut up and eat.

Have a safe day all