Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,081  
36f light rain low 40's for high rain all day into early evening.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...8 hours at part store afterwards :unsure:
Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,082  
47 and rain off and on. Going to 52 again but never made it out of the 40s yesterday.

Hope things get better, Buppies.

Kil, good to see your post.

My local news is that the NPS reopened the Skyline Drive and the AT through Shenandoah NP after getting the forest fire 85% contained. Shenandoah had over 1,000 acres burned and the nearby George Washington National Forest over 16,000. So glad the rain came, but they didn't get as much as here.

Opening Day.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,084  
good morning all
half an inch of rain and system is still coming up the East coast today, more light rain, then clearing out later today.

was able to leave the electric heat on high setting in greenhouse and it stayed a balmy 80 degrees in there.
headed out soon to turn it down to low. I'm happy if it stays in 70's in there, happiest if I can avoid propane.

dinner at my brother's tonight, his daughter and her kids will be up from Charleston. Will be a noisy house with two small
rambunctious boys but fun to see them.

I have wash to do today, that's about it.

Mostly, doing wash when you haven't done it in years is a wakeup call.
I found I was putting in too much suds. And where is that final sock? curled up inside a shirt...

hope you all have a nice day

/ Good morning!!!! #188,085  
the ship that hit the Baltimore bridge weighed 213 million pounds.
that's almost hard to fathom

I bet when they rebuild that bridge they improve the "fenders" around the piers.
this bridge was built before these super heavy ships were designed, and there were some issues
of width needed to get through the open spans which restricted amount of fendering possible. Perhaps.

and maybe Baltimore will require the tugs to follow the ships out under the bridge before turning back?

seems like we have the same problem with these huge ships the Panama Canal is having, they are simply too big but no
port wants to give up the business.

apparently two of the killed workers were out fixing potholes at the time. They sure should have hustled back...
I'm thinking this accident will change a lot of maritime procedures.
The dollar cost of this incident is just staggering. And no cruises for me out of Baltimore for a while...

the fact that both the engine and the generators all cut out at same time sounds like an operator error on fuel manifold
or bad fuel.

Main Domino sugar plant there on the water. I wonder if we'll have a shortage...would be good for us actually.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,086  
Good Morning!!!! 53F @ 4:00AM. Generally cloudy. High 62F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph, becoming WNW and increasing to 10 to 20 mph.

Long day yesterday, but I was able to get the set of shelves mounted over the workbench, a bit of pegboard mounted over the shelves, and the rest of the boxes emptied onto the shelves and pegboard. Lost a bit of overhead room on the pegboard, but managed to squeeze everything in. The new pegboard had larger holes in it, and the old peg hangers were falling out. Sometime in my past I was using the larger hangers, and was able to find and use them, putting the smaller fittings back into the same box, just in case. I usually never throw anything away, though lately I seem to be doing a lot of that.

Van and trailer loaded except for last minute things, and since I'm having trouble sleeping, it looks like I'll get an early start. Weather along the route looks dry, with showers starting tonight. That's OK for this trip, as most of the packing needed is inside the house and garage.

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,088  
Rough day today
Hope you improve Buppies. Seems you have a lot to handle.

32F going to 40F in snow showers today. Plan to transit Donner Summit today going to CA. Meeting an insurance adjuster on Saturday about the tree that penetrated our roof (and is still there.) A huge risk to even file a claim, will likely get cancelled. But also likely to be cancelled even with no claim-- that is how it is in California-- most neighbors were already cancelled and no company is writing new policies.

Chain controls are in effect now. I want to take my dump trailer this trip so I probably have to wait until mid-day when I expect the chain controls will come down.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,089  
good morning, 45 going to 52 rain has stopped

Hearing today for getting son court ordered into rehab

Nursing my shoulder after activity the last few days has made it worse. Need to lay off for a while

Ordered the new dishwasher for delivery next week

Decided to replace the wheels on the little garden cart. The effort to repair the small tires is just not worth it

The larger cart is great at holding firewood at the door ready to go in

Doubt much can stop a large ship in motion other than artificial islands. Will be interesting to see what they will come up with. Replacing the piers and going to a different bridge design will be a major delay. But when the ship channel is opened again may be they will be able to have the time for it. The Russian bridge to Ukraine withstood attacks and did not collapse. Maybe they saw that coming and designed for it

IMG_3412.JPG
IMG_3411.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #188,090  
Good Morning,
Ct, 41 going to 51 ! Light rain now and picking up later this morning ! Looked on the Vermont camera and it’s foggy and raining, nothing like fog to melt snow quickly !

Kilroy, welcome back and your fence is really amazing !

Buppies, prayers for a better day today ! 🙏

Ron, bird is not sold on his free meal today ! 😉

Hope all have a blessed and safe day ! 🙏