Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,141  
Good Morning!!!! 46F @ 10:45AM back here in Yankee Hill.
Cloudy with periods of rain. High 53F. Winds ESE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall around a half an inch.

That Bridgeport looks great, Paul, and heavy. I'll be moving my slightly larger Lagun in the coming weeks, and am somewhat dreading the process. Lookout below!

I understand your dilemma, PH. When I decided to handle the installation of the solar cell frame the building department made me sign off on some pretty scary Kalifornia paperwork outlining all the dangers of not using a licensed contractor for the work. Pretty sobering, but since I was doing the work myself, I was comfortable with the responsibility, and having no recourse should something go wrong. There have been other times, though, where I paid neighbors to use their heavy construction equipment on jobs, and I was not so comfortable doing that. I was happy with the money I saved, and the quality of the work, but it strained our friendship at times. The latest round of earth moving and clearing was done by a neighbor that is also a licensed contractor, and I was most happy with that arrangement. At the new place, with no local contacts yet, anything I do I'll either do myself or hire a licensed contractor. And pay through the nose for the privilege. And as Mike mentioned, when the roof and porch cover was being repaired, I had to use a licensed contractor for the insurance to pay for the damage. But that contractor fought the adjusters tooth and nail to get them to cover the costs, so it was worth it to me to use them.

I had an east/west commute for almost 30 years, Kyle, and it was just another reason to hate the time change twice a year. I thought we passed legislation to ditch DST, but we still have it. I wonder how come? I'd have bought all the NYS they had at that price...

What brand of squeege did you end up with, Don? The Loves filling stations along I5 here have 'em with four foot handles that make cleaning the windshild on the van easy. I ordered what I thought was the same thing on Amazon, made by Mallory, but it streaks and the scrubby side doesn't cut through the bugs very well...

Could have posted much earlier, but fell down an Amazon rabbit hole trying to find a decent pair of nail clippers. My favorite detailer YouTuber had a good video on shielded pressure washer tips, so I ordered a set of those, too. Then I stumbled across a note that lists all the wildfires I've endured since moving here, and the list is quite long. It also included several where mandatory evacuation orders were issued, that I ignored. I'll be so happy when those days are ended, permanently.

Going to tackle repairing some floor and baseboard damage in the old house, then start filling boxes again. Still waiting for the rain, the main reason for working inside today and tomorrow.

TGIF gang!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,142  
Good Afternoon,
Vt, in the low 40’s with a little breeze ! The 2 plus feet of snow has shrunk down to only a few inches here and there !

Off to Manhattan today to take the family out for easter and do some business on upper west side, then down to union square or therabouts.
Ken, they are talking about a $15 dollar toll to enter Manhattan ! Don’t know if it will fly but it’s getting more expensive by the day to go to NYC ! We usually take the train if going to Manhattan or Yankee Stadium !
That Bridgeport is like a greeter when you come into Popgadget's shop.
I spent many hours behind a Bridgeport Miller ! Especially the last 20 years in my trade at Pitney Bowes ! Although mine was retrofitted with an Anilam control and I had a computer on my work bench with MasterCam, so I could download files to my machine ! My own personal Hardinge
lathe, surface grinder, internal and external grinders, 4 ft shear with a variety of bending brakes, gear hobbing machine ! I used to joke with my wife that I could make anything! A bit of an exaggeration but funny just the same ! 😂 Sure do miss all those fancy tools ! The best I can do these days is to make it out of wood ! 😀

Just got the wood stove going ! We are going to meet our oldest son later today at a German restaurant about 45 mins south of here, should be fun to see if I can practice my German on anyone in the restaurant!! 😂

Hope all have a Great afternoon ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #188,143  

going to work in the morning....a small amount of fog on the right

coming home from work...

Notice anything annoying?
You have bug guts on your windshield already? LOL.

Congrats to your son.

Good score on the cow parts. I saw 20ish dollars a pound in the store and hour ago. LOL. I thought I wonder how much a riptides portion would cost? And then I went and bought more chicken. LOL.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,144  
Hope everyone is having a Great Good Friday Morning!
77f here and windy. Been real nice outside today.

The wife is buried with the final tax preperation before sending to our accountant. So, I tread lightly during these times.

Buppies - prayers for your health and your wife's memory. I experienced that with my Dad.

plowhog - hope things work out with contractor. If he has done a good job so far I would let him finish but keep close eye and advise him to get the license, etc before any insurance work can be done.

TxDon - congratulations on the sale of the parcel. Sounds like a win for everyone.

Kyle - enjoy those steaks! Hope your family has a Happy Easter!

Kenmbt- have a safe and great trip into the Big Apple and a Happy Easter to your family.

scott-vt - enjoy the German food, speaking German and good company with those friends and family this Easter!

Everyone have a wonderful Easter weekeknd and those who celebrate Easter - He Is Risen!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,145  
That Bridgeport looks great, Paul, and heavy. I'll be moving my slightly larger Lagun in the coming weeks, and am somewhat dreading the process.!

I am lucky that I have an overhead hoist in the shop. I picked it up off of the truck, which then drove out from under it. Then lowered it onto 1” sched 40 pipes to move it into the other room and into position. Just recycled the pipes as it rolled off of one, started the next one in the front. Steer the pipes with a sledge hammer. Lifted off the last pipe with a Johnson bar. Was pretty much able to do it myself.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,146  
   / Good morning!!!! #188,147  
   / Good morning!!!! #188,148  
Less than good news from the LS dealer. Unable to duplicate my intermittent stalling issue. That has been my concern all along as I was never able to duplicate, except the stalling would occur when under load, using the flail. Sure hope he finds a way.

Expanded my vehicle flight. Bought my moving neighbors 2020, 30k mile Chevy Spark. Talk about back to basics, 5 speed manual, keyed entry, roll up windows. But also 40 mpg.

Thought is to offer to granddaughter if she decides to go to college here. We are going to offer to pay tuition, books, and fees. She has yet to decide if to remain at home and attend local community college or come here. If she comes here the commute to school will be 20 miles each way, not something we would sigh up for, hence getting this vehicle. If she doesn’t come here I can easily recoup my money (bought at favorable price).

Need to make a dump run.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #188,149  
Good (Saturday) morning. Overnight Low of 12.3C and it's presently 22.7C, clear & calm.

Easter Weekend 'madness' is in and around St. Helens! I needed to pop into town to the newsagent as opening hours during this long weekend are 'all over the place'; vehicles, a lot with caravans, and people were everywhere! We're a wee town of, maybe 2500 and the population looks to have doubled. There's been at least 20+ side-by-sides & trail MC's drive by the front of my property heading into the State Forest.

Oh, and my front paddock/equine exercise arena are currently occupied by at least 9 vehicles with horse floats as the local equestrian community are also off for a ride in the State Forest (which is my 'neighbour' to the West). Permission was requested days ago.

I quiet day for me is planned.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,150  
Expanded my vehicle flight. Bought my moving neighbors 2020, 30k mile Chevy Spark. Talk about back to basics, 5 speed manual, keyed entry, roll up windows. But also 40 mpg.

Thought is to offer to granddaughter if she decides to go to college here. We are going to offer to pay tuition, books, and fees. She has yet to decide if to remain at home and attend local community college or come here. If she comes here the commute to school will be 20 miles each way, not something we would sigh up for, hence getting this vehicle. If she doesn’t come here I can easily recoup my money (bought at favorable price).
How are her manual transmission driving skills?

Wife went to the grocery store this morning, traffic was backed up blocks before the store then no parking spaces could be found, she turned around and came back home.