Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,151  
Good trip today.
Cameras all still there. The game cam still had good batteries, but changed them anyways. The cell cam which died 3/8 came alive with new external battery. Thought the large external would last longer, but it was Jan and Feb and pretty cold.
deer carcus in the field will need to get moved before mowing. . Some pics had well over dozen deer
One dead pine tree broke off and fell in a good position.
Boy did it get windy.
Coming home we stopped to walk the suspension bridge over the James River. It was bouncing and swaying so much from the strong winds I only went half way then came back. The video doesn’t do it justice.
IMG_4818.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #188,154  
How are her manual transmission driving skills?

Wife went to the grocery store this morning, traffic was backed up blocks before the store then no parking spaces could be found, she turned around and came back home.
Yes, I did my shopping Thurs evening. HEB will be closed on Easter.

Good Friday. Was talking with my young student worker. We were talking biblically about Easter. He said the words, "Very Humbling". I agree.

Got 2 vehicles hand washed today. Changed the oil in another. Changed out the headlight bulb in MIL's Traverse. Son mowed lawn with the Steiner Beast.

Made another hydraulic manifold for a Capstone team yesterday, which hopes to compete in a hydraulic bicycle competition next week. It is mounted on our 5 axis tilt rotary in the Haas VF3 mill. They will use small electric solenoids to divert flow. It will have regenerative braking, which will store hydraulic pressure in a nitrogen filled accumulator tank.
Screenshot 2024-03-29 223832.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #188,155  
34F and partly cloudy @ 03:00, heading down to around 33F for the low overnight. Possibility of a little wintery mix around sunrise, then rain throughout the day.

Just fired up the torpedo heater out in the garage, was 50F out there.

Need to go make a pot of coffee.

Marathon session out in the garage yesterday, went for more than 24 hours straight.

Tool arrangement on pegboard on back wall mostly complete at this point. Have started on towards the pegboard on the south (kitchen) wall.

Shelves underneath west and north workbenches cleaned off and organized.

Finished clean up of Grandpa's old Wiss shears and got them put back together.

Finished Danish oil treatment on the last 2 edges of router table top and cedar shelf for aquarium planter stand.

Also drilled holes for some thread inserts in a piece of 2 x 12 SYP about 16" long I was planning on using as base for a HF hose reel that I have the 50' 8 AWG extension cord stored on, which should allow it be moved around and unspooled more easily. Still need to get the inserts installed and the reel bolted down.

Some of the holes for the bits in the Forstner bit holder still a little on the snug side, but I'm calling it good for now.

Repotted Woman's Amaryllis' yesterday afternoon. It was neglected for some period of time after She initially got it. She managed to salvage and bring it back.

After growing for a season, She split 2 bulbils off of it and has kept those alive as well.

All were at the point where they needed repotted so I did that yesterday afternoon. One of the two smaller ones:

IMG_3131 copy.jpg

The larger "parent":

IMG_3132 copy.jpg

None of them had ever been fertilized so I worked a little bit of Schultz's slow-release "Bloom Food" into the soil after I had them in the new larger pots and gave them a good watering.

Brought in the aquarium "planter" stand and put it in front of the sliding glass door in the dining room where it will get plenty of sun. Then got the flat with the tomato seeds set on it, wasn't long before condensation was forming on the clear plastic cover so I chased up the hand sprayer and gave all the holes a soaking.

While I was doing that The Woman ventured out for some shopping with one of Her girlfriends.

She came back with some new pillows, 2 more elephant ear bulbs (but not the black ones she really wanted), along with some pansies ? (... I think)

I think tonight's adventure will involve prepping at least one flat of seed trays, with peppers and eggplant seeds. I have 3 different colors of cauliflower if I get really ambitious and decide to do a second flat.

Don't want to get too carried away with getting stuff started - still have at least a month to go before the average last frost day (Apr 30) - otherwise will end up running out of room when things have to be repotted to larger containers.

Hope everyone has a decent Saturday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #188,156  
Coffee is done brewing. 30° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 45° with rain most of the afternoon. Yesterday turned out to be a nice day to finish the chipper pile. Hauled some of the twigs left from branch pile to a neighbors burn pile. Spent way to much time telling bad stories with 3 of my neighbors in the afternoon. Back to more cleanup in Pole Barn today.
LllLCmf.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,157  
32F cloudy but sunny afternoon ahead low 40's for high,gusty winds now :eek: slowing towards evening.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today 4 hours at part store afterwards couple stops for goodies,after noon some puttering.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,159  
34 going to 72.

Congrats to son, Kyle. Never heard of a hydraulic bicycle, but sounds cool. I have one of those long handle windshield squeegees, too...telescoping job sold as the Rain-X brand at Walmart...I like it.

BEF, looks like Buchanan. What was the name of the restaurant?

I was in the mountains yesterday, too. Did a killer hike...near the top of the ridge, the reported wind gusts were 50mph. Felt like a hurricane. Part of my hike took me through the area burned in the "Quaker Run" fire that consumed 4,000 acres back in November. Saw a turkey and a woodcock, and most of the big trees seemed to have survived...were budding or flowering. They had used the hiking trail as a firebreak...widened it with equipment, so it is pretty torn up, but it looks like no fire made it to the other side of the break, so was a terrific job. They had done a lot of chainsaw work to take down any dead trees that may have had embers, and to remove trees that may allow spread across the firebreak.