Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,131  
out to the gardens I've already gone and planted six hellebores that landlady gave me, more in the clumps than I thought.
So that lead to raking and cleaning up the beds.

think I'll head out shortly to go pick up some hanging baskets.
I hope in another month I can make my own, have some leftover containers.

it looks warmer than it is out there, plus there's a wind. I wore a warmer coat earlier but can go with lighter jacket
now.

That Bridgeport is like a greeter when you come into Popgadget's shop.
you almost expect a mechanical arm to come out to say hello...
nice piece of equipment.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,132  
I got over $350 back from the CC rebate, and $117 from the membership rebate. So spent $120 and got $467 in rebates.
How much did you have to buy to get back $467 ?

Dermatologist called back, basal cell carcinoma. Surgery scheduled for Monday.
Prayers Mostly, and to have a good time in Kerrville.

Rough day today they seem to get worse everyday but keep chin up it’s just a thing here

God Bless
Prayers for you and your wife.

Ugh....

I had to bow down to the insurance companies dealing with a roof replacement. All I can say is I dotted their I's, and crossed their T's. To the letter.

Since they control the purse strings, and have the lawyers as proof, all I could do was follow their directions, instructions and "recommendations".

It was not a pleasant experience, but all is good now.

No license, no insurance work. Pretty straight forward. Sorry to hear this may be the case.
So for my wind damaged roof, the adjuster came and estimated repairs, and cut a check to the bank and me. I got the roof repaired, showed pictures of the job and the bank signed off. I honestly don't know if the contractor had a license or not, but he stays VERY busy in a 60 mile radius of his home base. A buddy who was the "Main" contractor hired the sub roofing contractor.
But to put a plug in the hole, insurance companies prolly demand contractors have insurance, primarily so they can sell more insurance. I know there's plenty of craphole contractors out there. Just don't pay them until you are satisfied.

Popgadget, I need to learn Fusion too, but it is so awkward compared to what I'm used to. My brother said "when it comes to cad software, you dance best with the partner you dance most with". I'm a mastercam guy. I know there are plenty of videos on using fusion for plasma. You will do yourself a favor if you learn about "lead in and lead outs" so you can apply cuttercomp to your parts. This instead of just cutting on the line. Bridgeport looks good to go. I have an old Victor mill at work that needs the top end torn apart and rebuilt. also needs a new DRO. Need time and money.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,133  
Son won his 800m track race Tuesday night.

going to work in the morning....a small amount of fog on the right
going to work.jpg

coming home from work...
coming home from work.jpg

Notice anything annoying?

/ Good morning!!!! #188,134  
63°F and .27 inches rain. Looks like more today.

Didn’t get much accomplished yesterday. I did sell my second Starlink kit to a neighbor. The down side being it took most of the morning as Paul tends to be overly social requiring an in depth walk thru of my internet setup and security cameras. He is also totally off grid and share like challenges.

Happy Hour / Farewell was a great success. Friends will be missed. New neighbor pretty much an unknown, 27 yo man whose Dad bought the property. Final walk thru Monday morning will be first in person contact with current owner.

Need to get back on track today, get started on Taxes.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #188,136  
How much did you have to buy to get back $467 ?
Will have to check that, I was wondering myself.

My one and only insurance claim on my house was hail damage. I was general contractor and subbed the work to Amish crew. No questions about license. I did have an LLC then

/ Good morning!!!! #188,137  
Took a long drive. Stopped for lunch near our VA lot. Little country restaurant on Rt11 very busy, had to wait for a table.
Will stop at lot and check out the camera situation and then head back home. Windy down here.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,138  
   / Good morning!!!! #188,139  
Staring into the sun both ways?
Yes sir. Keep polarized sunglasses handy. And car visors are not over rated.

Listening to a book today, taking it easy this morning. Son made Belgian waffles for breakfast.

Grocery store had steaks on sale. Can we say New York strip here without getting cut? Nice 1" thick ones for $3.99 pound. I bought 4 large packs, each about 4lbs, so 1 lb per steak. Debating how to cook them.