Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,701  
76 deg.
Got the lawn all mowed. still sunny out.
after helping son submit his work benefits, I found out something and wished I would have had him do something else.. But didn't know in time.
son got call from now the 3rd person from our auto insurance, regarding paying his medical bills. Apparently he can get paid 80% of loss wages also.
Hospital wanted his insurance claim number, I called them the next day, but never got a person and never got a call back after leaving a message. So called again, finally got a person. Drew, I think she was like the person you talked to at the dentist office... Not sure she got things straight, but they have the claim number. She didn't want to know the name and number of the Insurance person that called today regarding medical billing. I would have thought that was the person they would want.
I suspect next year I'll have to be looking for a new insurance Company.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,704  
It used to be, maybe still some do it, but people would go across the border into Progresso Mexico for cheap dental care. Sometimes, you got what you paid for.

Drinking hot cup of coffee. 45° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 73° with partly cloudy skies. Got last of the rocks moved from garden pond Yesterday. Delivered to neighbor. I can now walk around edge of pond without tripping over rocks. Also made 2 brackets in shop for MMMower. They were not on original owners tactor. Off this morning to take pictures of Eagles nesting where a neighbor works.
A pair of Woodpeckers.
gdYwALN.jpg

Kyle, rocks were 6 to 12 inches in size.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Great pic!

Nice drill, Scotty. I mentioned last year, that on the trails in the federally designated Wilderness areas, that is the drill type they have to use to work on shelters, etc...no power tools are allowed.
I can "kind of" understand no gasoline powered tools for noise reasons, but I can't understand not being able to use cordless stuff??? I mean a bow saw would be a metal tool that was way ahead of the tools that native Americans used....I guess I just don't understand the people making the rules....I guess they are thinking from just past the early european newcomers to just before power tools came along specific period? Still confused here. Prolly just don't want much of anything built up there on the trails, and that is their way of limiting it.

A pilot friend told me that he believes the FAA and gov't has allowed all the lawsuits against old airplanes (in the past 30-40 years), just to keep more people on the ground and not have too many in the air.

Decided to fuel up pickkup and grab some Chinse dinner for Mrs. and I,I talk with gas attendant he said Tesla EV super charging station line almost an hour wait,I89 I91 junction had 30 min back up :oops: Upper NH VT told EV drivers to use caution for charging station were far and few between.
I was wondering how bad the "Tesla line" was, since there was MAJOR traffic headed back east after the eclipse from central Texas to Houston.

Good morning! 72˚F hi of 75˚, 65% chance of rain, S Wind, .3" rain late yesterday.
The eclipse was spectacular and the phone camera did not do it justice. The temp went down 5˚ and the UV monitor on my weather station went from 5-UV to 0-UV.

Did OK at Cards last night winning three of five games. FireWise has been called off this morning because of the possibility of hail. That will give me a chance to study sign language before class today.
I was telling students I was getting my "eclipse tan"....

True story, a friend's family had some land that bordered a New Mexico national forest. There was a gate to the forest. We took off on motorcycles and rode some trails for miles and miles, seeing absolutely no one (not normal hiking trails). We came out on a mountain top near a look out. We were told later on that if we had been caught in there, we would have had to procure pack animals to get our bikes out. And fined. This happens all over the nation. No motorcycles allowed, but electric bikes and horses are allowed. I would put a very quiet muffler on a bike, if that would make it allowed.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #188,705  
Good evening all. 57ºF for the start, overcast, 3.8 inch in rain gauge, light breeze. Moderate wind, overcast with some drizzle at times, and high temp was 66ºF. Made coffee to start day, then putter, then bike ride. Nap after lunch then grill brats for diner. Did get a load of laundry done this evening as well.
Paul thanks for the info in the single pilot Citations. I seem to recall that more than one pilot had the same reaction to becoming single pilot certified.
Ron sorry eagle pics did not work out. you got a lot done yesterday. Hope today is as productive. neat turkey pic.
David sorry you missed eclipse. Good to hear Dr may help the cloudiness in your vision. Most of my older fillings have been replaced. Glad HH went well and Jenga was fun. Hope you can get back to mowing soon
Ron nice eagle pics.
Thomas good to hear snow is going to melt :) Hope parts store time went quickly.
Dennis hope you get nap. I enjoyed my few eagle sightings.
Drew hope call is fruitful. Not surprised you rather be gardening, considering what drilling does to you neck. I would think that they can't pull you over for just a radar detectors.
Dennis sorry about no edit, wonder if the window to edit posts has shrunk. Hope you made progress on mowing.
Bill hope trip to Newmarket went well, as well as your diet. I am on the same one but not losing much weight. :(
Drew sounds like you have a nice variety going in your garden this year. Always fun trying to get good deals on what we do :)
Mike glad you got equipment cleaned up. Hope road trip was successful. Sorry about tax bite, mine has been increasing as well, tax people have been kicking payments up.
Ron that sounds like a cool visit.
Buppies hope all is well at home. How is blood sugar doing lately? prayers sent.
Don you got 5ºF drop, I only got 3ºF. Glad good night at cards. hope sign language class went well.
Dennis there is weirdness going on at FB, I keep getting friend request from people I have been friend with for years. Got contact from friend had been inactive for long time, then acted like a commercial. Wonder if moderators can keep someone out of a thread that has been acting up?
Billy I remember the show as well, wonder who is doing the reruns. Party sounds like fun. Glad you almost got the bush hogging done.
Ken glad you are getting the flower bed cleaned up. Nice to hear all the work you put into the trench is panning out. Hope you can get dashcam installed in truck soon.
Scott(vt) glad clouds cleared enough to see eclipse. Hope yard work went well so you are ready for the rain.
Ken I do not have Ted's number.
Helo congrats on record high temp. Love your eclipse pic ;). Your prices sound like that would save drew some serious coin.
RNG glad some equipment already sold, wish people would learn to read. Sorry BowFlex or inversion couch not on my list.
Paul hope flight home was good and GS hits the jackpot with his goodies.
Drew sorry no one is making what you want. I need to make a decision on selling truck or SUV, most time SUV smaller does what I need , not sure how well it would tow boat in Boston mountains (north west AR). Sorry dentist calls not much better.
RS glow mowing is progressing and weather warming up. Hope you get some peaches. Your lawn looks much better than mine :(
David hope you got to mow. Dental procedure is going to cost you a pretty penny.
Drew I have a subfolder I post to TBN from, so do a mass move to the computer. You may need to change default resolution on camera so you don't have problems with file size :) Hope greasing went well
Dennis I hear you on FB.
Dennis glad lawn is mowed. Good to hear son can get 80% of lost wages, Insurance companies and hospitals can be hard to deal with. Good luck with new insurance company shopping.
Kyle the problem with a lot of aviation lawsuits is that they go after the deep pockets, not the ones who are at fault. The legal system need to clean up it's act. National Park rules need help as well.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

Attachments

• 20240409_181924.jpg
    20240409_181924.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 20
   / Good morning!!!! #188,706  
Here is the post I composed this afternoon when TBN had me blocked:

Good afternoon GM thread members! Had a down pour this morning and tornado watches, alerts and everything. You would of thought an eclipse or something had just happened.

It's faired off and very nice now, just wet.

Seeing all the people looking up with those cardboard glasses was probably more entertaining than the eclipse itself.
The eclipse here was over quickly. My son was outside and called me to 'come look'. Time I got there it was nearly over but I did see it dark.

Couple photos from yesterdays visit to neighbors work place.
Nice shots of the turkey and the eagles.

We had friends over for a "partial eclipse" party. My wife made tortilla chips and dips, and Eclipse Margaritas (got recipe from Tex-Mex place). I made "83% Partial-to-100% Total Eclipse Conversion" kits for everyone. Friends brought the cheesy solar glasses...surprised how well they worked and how much fun it was to take a brief peek at the sun every now and then.
That's what it's all about. Great excuse to get people together and enjoy life.

daugen, sorry to hear about your dental troubles. Prayers for a successful outcome.

Hope everyone has recovered from the eclipse mania and gets a nap today, a good steak or whatever you like, and some ice cream is always good! Prayers for our nation!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,707  
TBN finally allowing posts again
Thank goodness, I thought that it was me. A good thing that I saved my post...
-------------------------------------------
Good (Wednesday) morning. Overnight Low of 3.4C and it's presently 20.3C, clear & calm.

It's 'into town' day for mail and groceries. Other than that, things are pretty laid-back down here in Tassie. I'm truly blessed with where I am... I couldn't have imagined it back in my youth.

That's about it, take care all.

And, of course, I'm back from town now. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #188,709  
Got coffee brewing. 38° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 68° with mix of sun and clouds. Cleaned up rocks found in field and delivered to neighbor. Valve on tractor had a small leak. Had to remove tractor to replace a bad fitting. Replaced and put back on tractor. Like almost everything these days took much more time than I planned. Did get mower out of trailer and got it power washed. When cleaned put it on set of HD sawhorses. Its ready to start lube and sharpening of blades today. First thing will be taking neighbor to airport.
Msm9lCK.jpg

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,710  
good morning all
very warm this morning, 51 going up to 70 in clouds.
I'm off to oral surgeon this morning. Groan.

now for yesterday's post:

it was so nice out, and we have more wet weather coming later this week I went back out and planted some more.
Got four kinds of zinnias planted in back garden, tall ones in back
came in and house was 80, turned on a/c, started and died.
checked the breakers. Checked everything, including turning fan on manually which was fine.
then it started about five minutes after my going from heat to cool. Letting it run to make sure.
I'm sweaty and tuckered out.
was rewarded with a "you are walking more than you do on a typical day"
yup, why my foot hurts right now

all the original cukes froze, but with a little trimming, the bush bean was fine.
Something to remember, no early planting of cukes next year.

I have a lot of thinning to do on the lettuce. Got some accomplished on the radishes

made up a couple of arrangements, one including five kinds of daisies in a small planter that my nephew's son can give to his
Mom on Mother's Day. Didn't finish it, requirement that he come and do that himself which he will soon.
That way it can hopefully be a little more meaningful.

just got server error and refused to post multiple times
then a "can't find that"
who me?

was it the eclipse? global xxx? what can we blame it on?
cannot post to another thread either
Buckeye at 1:56 last to get on three hours ago
I just posted to another thread so this thread is locked up for some reason.
oh dear
please try again later
yup, you already told me that six times...
wonderful fodder for conspiracy folks.

Attachments

• P1010026.JPG
    P1010026.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 30
  • P1010027.JPG
    P1010027.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 23