Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #5,851  
Good Morning. Coldest day of the week at 57 this morning hitting 80 later, sunny.

I found out through the newspaper that in the early 1900 there was a Coca Cola Bottling Co. on the corner of Burleson St. and Hwy 290. The coke bottle survived 100 years out here in the sand. Since Coke did not eliminate the cocaine till 1929 this is an original recipe cocaine coke bottle.

Cool find Don! A little bit of history there.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,852  
Ahh man, really? I had just looked it up on snopes before I posted and they said a very small amount was still in till 1929. I guess I can't believe every thing on the internet. (I already rinsed the bottle out several times, so we can't do the labs)

snopes.com: Cocaine in Coca-Cola

Interesting link, and surprised me that any was in it after 1903 (or thereabouts) since that's when cocaine became illegal.
But, I do stand corrected...

/ Good morning!!!! #5,853  
I wish I could figure out the code on the base of the coca cola bottle. it says:

7FLD02

(a star under the 2)

/ Good morning!!!! #5,854  
I wish I could figure out the code on the base of the coca cola bottle. it says:

7FLD02

(a star under the 2)

Could that be 7 fluid ounces??

/ Good morning!!!! #5,855  
Good! It might be! It holds 8 0z so that just might be it. I'll see if I can get a pic of the 2 or Z.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,856  
good morning its overcast and 41 only warming to 48.we could see some sprinkled today.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,857  
Good! It might be! It holds 8 0z so that just might be it. I'll see if I can get a pic of the 2 or Z.

Remember, you have to account for inflation!:D

/ Good morning!!!! #5,858  
Maybe the star is the sign for approximately.

/ Good morning!!!! #5,859  
Could that be 7 fluid ounces??

Joemd11 you are a winner!

I missed the dot after fld - 7FLD.OZ - and the 2 does look more like a Z and the bottle looks full at exactly 7oz. See pics.

Seven Fluid Ounces - yes!!!!

Attachments

• 7fld.jpg
    7fld.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 76
  • 7oz.jpg
    7oz.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #5,860  
Lucky you Don! And not just on the bottle find - that weather looks great.

So am I right in saying that cocaine is referred to as "coke" for short because of the fact it was in Coca Cola (also called "Coke") originally? :confused: