Goodbye 5203, hello 5325

/ Goodbye 5203, hello 5325 #31  
you had your tractor 6 years and only put 100 hrs on it ?

/ Goodbye 5203, hello 5325
you had your tractor 6 years and only put 100 hrs on it ?

Yep but don't let that mislead you. It actually got used on a regular basis it's just that it had the analog hour meter and those things are slow. I've already put 7 hours on my 5325 and I swear that digital hour meter moves faster.

/ Goodbye 5203, hello 5325 #33  
Yep but don't let that mislead you. It actually got used on a regular basis it's just that it had the analog hour meter and those things are slow. I've already put 7 hours on my 5325 and I swear that digital hour meter moves faster.

I think you are saying your previous hour meter was based on a percentage of rated PTO speed*. i.e. @270 PTO rpm (1/2 of 540) you recorded 1/2 hour for every real hour. And that your digital hour meter is an hour per hour, no mater what rpm

* I think

/ Goodbye 5203, hello 5325 #34  
It will be interesting to see how the new 67hp tractor compares to your old 56hp tractor. I have one tractor that is 67hp and another that is 55 and honestly cannot tell much difference. Now mine are both three cylinder and I think you said your new one is 5 cylinder so I am sure that will make some difference.

It will be interesting to see how the new 67hp tractor compares to your old 56hp tractor. I have one tractor that is 67hp and another that is 55 and honestly cannot tell much difference. Now mine are both three cylinder and I think you said your new one is 5 cylinder so I am sure that will make some difference.

The immediate differences that stand out so far are: the 5325 is a lot more comfortable....it just rides better(mainly due to the tires being larger both front and rear I'd guess), it has a higher road speed at 21mph (my 5203 wasn't slow but I know it wouldn't go 21mph.), it's a bit more clumsier then my 5203 was but still somehow fits in all the spots that the other tractor did, I don't know if the power "feels" all that different between the two but I will say the throttle response on the 5325 is better. The 5203 had turbo lag for some reason, the 5325 doesn't. The 5325 is mainly going to be my loader tractor and right now I have the bush hog hooked up to it which it runs with super ease. I'm actually looking to buy two older tractors sometime down the road, one to hook to the bush hog and one to my 6' disk to disk fire breaks. It'll be something along the lines of a MF 135,150,165 or a JD 2155, 2150, 2040, 2240, or an older Ford. Just not finding anything that really interests me lately or if I do find something they want too much for it.

I'm still cleaning up from the ice storm we had back in February so a lot of my roads still have trees bent over or laid over on them and the 5325 is just too big to pass through.

/ Goodbye 5203, hello 5325 #36  
RollingsFarms,

Think I may have bought your 5203 on Monday. Traded in my 1964 JD3020 for it at Mast Tractor, it has 103 hours on it at the moment, had been on the lot for about 3 weeks, and he said it came from the Carolinas, could not have remembered if it was North or South. Anyway, am well pleased with it. Looks like you take care of your equipment the way I do! Have a Wallenstein FX90 winch to put on the back, am eager to see how it will do skidding logs compared to the old 2WD 3020.

/ Goodbye 5203, hello 5325 #37  
RollingsFarms,

Think I may have bought your 5203 on Monday. Traded in my 1964 JD3020 for it at Mast Tractor, it has 103 hours on it at the moment, had been on the lot for about 3 weeks, and he said it came from the Carolinas, could not have remembered if it was North or South. Anyway, am well pleased with it. Looks like you take care of your equipment the way I do! Have a Wallenstein FX90 winch to put on the back, am eager to see how it will do skidding logs compared to the old 2WD 3020.

I would love to have a JD3020. I don't know that your skidding will improve with the lighter tractor unless you had a loader on the 2wd 2030

RollingsFarms, Think I may have bought your 5203 on Monday. Traded in my 1964 JD3020 for it at Mast Tractor, it has 103 hours on it at the moment, had been on the lot for about 3 weeks, and he said it came from the Carolinas, could not have remembered if it was North or South. Anyway, am well pleased with it. Looks like you take care of your equipment the way I do! Have a Wallenstein FX90 winch to put on the back, am eager to see how it will do skidding logs compared to the old 2WD 3020.

It very well could be my tractor! I think it was the only 5203 mfwd he had. If it was mine I can tell you that tractor might have sat outside twice in the 6 years I owned it. I think you will he pleased how well it pulls. I had it set up just for pulling a disk (loaded rear tires and wheel weights). The last job I did with that tractor was pulling up some bushes and it did so with no problems at all, didn't even spin the tires. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

/ Goodbye 5203, hello 5325 #39  
It very well could be my tractor! I think it was the only 5203 mfwd he had. If it was mine I can tell you that tractor might have sat outside twice in the 6 years I owned it. I think you will he pleased how well it pulls. I had it set up just for pulling a disk (loaded rear tires and wheel weights). The last job I did with that tractor was pulling up some bushes and it did so with no problems at all, didn't even spin the tires. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come!

Thanks, RollingFarms ! From what I have seen of it, I reckon I will enjoy it!

/ Goodbye 5203, hello 5325 #40  
Rollings,
What a great find !! Good for you making a nice honest deal w a dealer that u can trust, great shape for sure !! Thanks for the pics !!

From CT