Dirt Moving Got a loaner for a month on my new property

/ Got a loaner for a month on my new property #1  

Okiearcher

Tractor
1986 Ford 1710
Post deleted. Y’all bringing me down

Last edited:
   / Got a loaner for a month on my new property #2  
If your building a pond with that you better get busy, November will be here before you know it :laughing:

Have fun with it!!!

/ Got a loaner for a month on my new property
Yeah I know, but it痴 better than my ford 1710 and shovels lol. I also am using to dig my waterlines out to our new building and pulling more stumps. I値l get as much work out of as I can before I have to give it back anyway

/ Got a loaner for a month on my new property #4  
It's none of my business, and it's not me, and everything will be fine, don't mean to rain on parade, etc.......but...if it was me....

Pessimistic side of me would ask:

What happens if you break it? Or are alleged to have broken it? Not sure if I'd want to get involved in somebody else's messy dispute.
Borrowing a friend's or relative's equipment comes with risks I would rarely accept, but when it's a third party's "collateral"...Gulp!

Just saying...

Optimistic side says:
Have fun!! :drink:

/ Got a loaner for a month on my new property
understand your point but I didn稚 ask to borrow it, he offered it. And I don稚 look a gift horse in the mouth, I just say thanks and take best care of it I can. It痴 insured too

/ Got a loaner for a month on my new property #6  
It's none of my business, and it's not me, and everything will be fine, don't mean to rain on parade, etc.......but...if it was me....

Pessimistic side of me would ask:

What happens if you break it? Or are alleged to have broken it? Not sure if I'd want to get involved in somebody else's messy dispute.
Borrowing a friend's or relative's equipment comes with risks I would rarely accept, but when it's a third party's "collateral"...Gulp!

Just saying...

Optimistic side says:
Have fun!! :drink:

Yerp. A friend of mine ask to borrow my skidsteer (sold it 2 years ago) I told my wife, he's one of 2-3 people I would actually let borrow it because I know he will fix whatever happens to it. I filled it with fuel and delivered it to where he wanted to use it. 3 months later I needed it back so I told him I'm coming to get it, he said give me a day cause I have to get the tire fixed, STRIKE 1. He tells me there's some hydraulic oil beside it I can have, um, what? I go to pick it up, he's not around and I walk around it and there's hydraulic fluid all over one side where one of the cylinders blew a packing and he's still using it, STRIKE 2. I check the fuel, it's empty, STRIKE 3. I was flaming hot and told my wife if anyone ever wants to borrow anything of ours with an engine it will be with me sitting in the seat and $65 an hour. I learned my lesson. I was cleaning it up before I sold it and I found a partially burned rag behind the seat where an ember got in it from where he was burning brush, it's a wonder it didn't burn up the whole machine.

/ Got a loaner for a month on my new property #8  
   / Got a loaner for a month on my new property #9  
it can destroy the best of friendships if you aren't a man of integrity - the best thing i offer is i will pay you to come over and do something and operate it -or i will come to your house and operate yours or bring mine and operate it and help you - that seems to be the best that has worked out for me -

/ Got a loaner for a month on my new property #10  
The only thing worse than borrowing equipment is loaning it out.

Especially when it isn't yours to begin with. Holding something as collateral doesn't mean you have the legal right to use it and definitely not to loan it to someone else.