GR2100 comparison and price??

/ GR2100 comparison and price?? #1  

BX1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 1500 and Bolens ST125
I currently have a Bolens ST125 circa 1993. Not a lawn tractor but my yard just recently grew from one acre to two acres. I had considered a BX series but could not justify the cost ($12k-$13k) even with the possibilities. I think I've decided on a Kubota GR2100. I took for a spin at our local dealer and when I spin I mean that thing is comparable to a ZTR. The dealer quoted me $7300 plus tax. That was with the $300 from Kubota. I asked him if he could do better. He stated that they dont generally negotiate lawn tractor pricing. My father-in-law told me that dealer is very pricy on everything and to travel into Houston to find a better dealer. Can anyone tell me what a good price to pay for one these is? BTW I considered a Deere but for the price of a Deere garden/lawn tractor I could get a Kubota BX.

/ GR2100 comparison and price?? #2  
I recently got a price from Beaumont Tractor of $6977 for a GR2100. I'm not sure if that included the rebate or not.

/ GR2100 comparison and price?? #3  
I bought the GR2000G. It was $5950 (after rebate, before tax...). It's the same as the 2100 but has a 20hp Kohler Command Pro instead of the diesel and 48" deck vice the 54". At my dealership the 2100 runs about 1K higher than the 2000.

This thing is the king of GT's. Tons of grunt, (even more with the diesel i'm sure) extremely tight turns, extremely stable on hills with the 4wd and wide stance, the power steering is scweeeeet, and ya gotta love the shaft driven deck and drive. I have absolutely nothing against John deere but they do not have a model to compare with this Kubota within the same price range. I am not slammin' Deere i was a Deere owner for a long time and loved it.

slam

gr20mf.jpg

/ GR2100 comparison and price?? #4  
Howdy bx1, what side of Houston do U live on & give me a hint on dealer! I'm right east of HouTex & have found out from personal experience "Going 2 HouTex for a better deal is not always the answer!" Know people that have Kubota but never used one but Goooo those J.D's are sure sweet! Use to borrow a buddys and last time I told him I wasn't gonna borrow it again & He ask Why?? Said if I did 'He wasn't gettin it back!"

/ GR2100 comparison and price?? #5  
$7300! I believe you could get a low hours BX1500 for that. Maybe even a new one if you looked hard enough.

/ GR2100 comparison and price??
Thanks for the responses guys. After further research, I'm more confused. I suddenly realized that the GR does not accept any attachements. Bummer because that thing was sweet. So now I'm back to thinking about a small BX, a Simplicity, Cub or JD. I dont think I will make the June 30th deadline (rebates and incentives) but I want the right tractor for the job this time. I'm not totally disappointed with the old Bolens, but it was rather expensive when I bought it and not much else. And the Kubota Dealer in question is in Alvin. They've been around for 50 plus years so they arent bad, just expensive.

/ GR2100 comparison and price?? #7  
Here is a link I found with some prices on the GR.

/ GR2100 comparison and price??
I've been looking at that site. I'm trying to justify driving to San Antonio to save $600. Family vacation with a tractor purchase thrown in maybe..... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ GR2100 comparison and price?? #9  
gr34pm.jpg

The 20 HP Kohler in my GR...
gr16mg.jpg

You can barely see the GR...this is my backyard.

/ GR2100 comparison and price?? #10  
Very nice slammer! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif