GR2100 comparison and price??

/ GR2100 comparison and price?? #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Go for a diesel if you can...the Kohler Command is a gas hog

Ducati )</font>

Fuel use update...I have used the GR to mow several more times now and the fuel "yardage" is getting better and better. I generally top off the tractor when I finish with it each time so it's ready for next time. Well last weekend after mowing I noticed the fuel gauge had barely moved off of full! I immediately thought it must be stuck but it was'nt...the tractor used very little fuel at all for the (now) 4 acres I mow. I did NOT re-fuel. So the this week I mowed again and still have a tick less than half a tank. All I can figure is that the fuel consumption has gotten better as the motor "broke in". Another contributing factor (possibly) is that each time I mowed (before last week) I was doing a 1/4 acre of field grass and finally finished that dusty job. So the last couple of weeks have just been "regular" mowing. Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that after doing some quick measuring and re-filling I figure I am burning just under a half gallon per acre which is twice as good as before.

Slam

/ GR2100 comparison and price?? #23  
Are you mowing using a full throttle? What else can I say, you have a gas sipper, instead of a guzzler.... I cant see how the same engine gives such different results when a good portion of the machines drivetrain is alike (Hydro & shaft drive & attachments, weight, etc)....

Must be the paint... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL

Ducati

/ GR2100 comparison and price?? #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Are you mowing using a full throttle? What else can I say, you have a gas sipper, instead of a guzzler.... I cant see how the same engine gives such different results when a good portion of the machines drivetrain is alike (Hydro & shaft drive & attachments, weight, etc)....

Must be the paint... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL)</font>

Hey you are no more surprised than I am...this is an 881 pound machine plus my 260! And yes I always mow WOT.

Slam

/ GR2100 comparison and price?? #25  
Now that I will be selling my Kubota L3830 HST and all the implements, I would like to consider a mower for my new abode. The Kubota GR 2000 or GR2100 are certainly appealing. Can anyone tell me about the sound level of these mowers? Are the engines as loud as the Craftsman or Snapper I currently have, (they are pretty loud)? Is the diesel quiter then the gas? Does the 70 degree turning on the front wheels work well? I have yet to find a dealer nearby that carries one. Thanks Rat...

/ GR2100 comparison and price?? #26  
I don't know how the GR compares to a Snapper or Craftsman in loudeness, but the GR2000 Kohler & 2100 Diesel are about the same in loudness. I think the GR2100 seems a little quieter. So, the GR2100 is probably the quietest of them all. The Glidesteer works rather well and it will have a much tighter turning/cutting radius than the before mentioned mowers.