Price Check Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call!

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #91  
NICE!

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call!
   / Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #93  
Sweet setup you have there Derek. You're going to love it. Take some time to practice with the cruise control - especially disengaging at speed :thumbsup:

Jeff

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #94  
Nice vid. That must have been so friggin exciting to recieve the beast. And all those accessories! My goodness, what a rig. $70 grand, right? Dayumn.

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call!
Sweet setup you have there Derek. You're going to love it. Take some time to practice with the cruise control - especially disengaging at speed :thumbsup:

Jeff

Thx Jeff, will have to try that sometime, though at this point, it's likely to be next Spring!

Nice vid. That must have been so friggin exciting to recieve the beast. And all those accessories! My goodness, what a rig. $70 grand, right? Dayumn.

Cant lie deezler, it was! Although still waiting on the Grader Scraper and the Rotary Cutter. And unfortunately, I put in the garage that night and haven't had a chance to get back out to start messing with - guess thats what the weekends are for?! : ) And yeh, it was just a couple hundred north of $70K - the equine discount was a large reason for!

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #96  
Forgive me if you if covered this but are you saying you were able combine the equine discount and and receive 0% financing from Kubota? Been getting some quotes from a couple dealers in my area on the same tractor and both were a resounding "NO!"

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #97  

Jeff

So I am not the only one with the cruise off/sudden stop issue?. Ha. I would set the rollout even gentler if allowed. I am still working on my technique. First world problems.

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #98  
So I am not the only one with the cruise off/sudden stop issue?. Ha. I would set the rollout even gentler if allowed. I am still working on my technique. First world problems.

Yep, I was motoring down a side road at 13 mph and thought I'd just slow down CRUISE a bit - hit the minus (-) but pushed to hard, which cancels CRUISE......good thing I had my seatbelt on! So I tried something different on the way back and disengaged AUTO THROTTLE, ran the hand throttle up and then set CRUISE. The dash will flash if you don't have enough RPM's to sustain the cruise speed you set - just boost with hand throttle. Then when I go to disengage I left the hand throttle alone, disengaged CRUISE, and slowly brought hand throttle back to idle and THEN re-engaged AUTO THROTTLE. Worked much better. Of course, if you slam on the brakes CRUISE is disengaged.

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #99  
I leave my HST responsiveness set in the middle. JDs have a dedicated knob for that so you can adjust it on the fly. The Kubota menus suck enough you generally play with it a bit then never touch it again after the first week. In all fairness there is a good chance I wouldn't have messed with the sensitivity on a JD after the first week, even with a dedicated knob.

/ Grand L6060HSTC 4x4 ordered two days ago - hope I made the right call! #100  
I leave my HST responsiveness set in the middle. JDs have a dedicated knob for that so you can adjust it on the fly. The Kubota menus suck enough you generally play with it a bit then never touch it again after the first week. In all fairness there is a good chance I wouldn't have messed with the sensitivity on a JD after the first week, even with a dedicated knob.

I agree the menus stink. Heck after over a year all my settings are still set to metric. When I finally make it to my property I have stuff I want to get done and don’t want to spend 30 minutes with a manual trying to figure out how to switch to units my brain can comprehend. I am happy with Grand L but the menu and hard to push differential lock are two things that bug me.