Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d
Yeah very confusing.... Maybe someone who has been in both can chime in. And that loader looked pretty nice, especially for the price.

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #22  
The 3-point arms weren't necessarily included when new, because many were sold with the proprietary rototiller instead. I wonder if that length difference is described with/without the arms?

The larger tires on the 1700 would increase overall length and I thought the chassis on 1700 was larger and heavier overall.

Never thought about longer 3pt arms making that difference, but that could be it. But that is also an 8" difference. I dont know how much longer the long 3pt arms are from the standard ones. And yeah the larger tires would only make up a 1" difference in length.

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #24  
The parts manual for the 195/240 (compare 1700/2000) gives the 195 at 111.2in with 3 point hitch, 97.8" without 3 point hitch. gives the 240 at 111.2in with 3 point hitch and 99" without 3 point hitch. :confused3:

I dont know if I'm more or less confused now... 🙄

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #26  
Did a little more looking and see that the 1700 has a combined transmission/rear axle housing and the 1500 has a transmission housing and a separate rear axle housing. Maybe that could add length? :confused3:

Hey hey Winston!! I think you have it! Now that you mentioned that, I do remember reading or seeing that somewhere. If I can find the pics I will post them. I'm glad you found that. I'm pretty sure that's why it is shorter....Now if I only knew about the foot room between the 2 of them.

Winston I found the pictures. First is the 1500d. You can see the bolt on piece between the rear axle and transmission. The second picture is actually a 2000d but same as a 1700d. It's molded like you said. Glad you dug into that for me. I don't know how I forgot about that. image-1865841496.jpg

image-831312738.jpg

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #29  
Winston I found the pictures. First is the 1500d. You can see the bolt on piece between the rear axle and transmission. The second picture is actually a 2000d but same as a 1700d. It's molded like you said. Glad you dug into that for me. I don't know how I forgot about that. View attachment 500627

View attachment 500628
Somebody was asking about the clutch hold-down lever but I can't find the post where that was asked. Anyhow ... it is visible in this second photo.

It's hinged from a bolt at its top. Push down the clutch pedal, swing the lower part of the lever forward to hold the pedal down.

You are correct California, that second photo does show that lever. I remember seeing a thread that asked about that but don't remember where at the moment. I believe that is to keep your clutch depressed, & should be used if your tractor sits for an extended period of time, or used in high humidity areas to keep your clutch from getting stuck to the flywheel. Correct me if I'm wrong.