Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d
Well Fredricks just got back to me and that 1700d with the used loader in it has been sold.... I guess that's e chances I take when I procrastinate. But couldn't pull the trigger on that big of an expense right away, had to make sure it was a good idea. So down to the green 1500d. Which I'm gonna look at tomorrow.

Just found another 1700d with a nice loader on it. Only one thing. The guy told me the air breather fell off when he was mowing and sucked in some dirt and crap and had some issues. Said he put new rings and bearings in it a month ago. Said that's all it needed. But I'm kind of leery about that. Thoughts?

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #43  
The Air Breather fell off. Really! Then he Rings and Bearings in it. Aparently the breather was pushing his limits. Just sayin.

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #44  
Ask for receipts. Verify he put in rings etc, not Motor Honey.

It should run like new if he repaired it competently.

If it checks out ok then offer him a little less, discounting potential future issues.

I agree with you Careyo and California.

Well bad news the green 1500d was sold before I got there yesterday. I procrastinated to long. Well I didn't take a day off work during the week to go look at it because I was needed there. So the search continues. Thanks for all everyone's input. I might just save up and get a referb 1500d from Fredricks.
Unless I find a sweet deal on one in the next 4 months

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #48  
When I purchased my 2000 it was for just my personable property. FM. light BH. BB. my Dr. etc.. I bought it used from Spalding. Kicking tires basically. When he brought it out I was actually shocked at the condition. It didn't look great cosmetically but it was all in tact Org.!! I didn't bother to even bring my trailer but I left him a check until I could get back to pick it up...!! It worked so well we had a 2500 bought from him a yr. or so later... Fredricks supplied. I don't have the first complaint and the only thing I can recall on the refurbished 2500 was Imo. operator error. It appeared the PTO. Hyd. lock was closed and they tried lifting the BH. which ended up causing a leak at the pump. Since I didn't use it anymore I just went through a few things with them and never heard anything more from them. And if they did they knew I had absolutely no problems in them doing so. Retired catholic priests LOL.. kind of way up there on my list. And which I owe one of them such a huge favor it's not funny. So if used you need to be assured in yourself that you can keep it operating which for me is not very difficult. And then that's were the warranty is nice to have if not and going through a learning process. So the bottom line is, When or if I would have to replace the 2000 I'll most likely go Fredricks.

Careyo 63 that was a nice informative post. I have no problem getting a used or all
Original yanmar. I can do a lot of my own work, some maybe not but most of it I probably can do. The 1 year warranty would be nice and nice to know that there would be all fresh fluids in it too. Also reassuring that Fredricks would have made sure the motor and tranny was in good condition too. Even though I'm sure a used or all original one probably wouldn't have to many problems anyways because they are pretty tough built tractors. Thanks Careyo63