Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #31  
... I believe that is to keep your clutch depressed, & should be used if your tractor sits for an extended period of time, or used in high humidity areas to keep your clutch from getting stuck to the flywheel. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I think its more important for rice paddy work where the tractor runs in water and may be put away wet, perhaps until next season.

I don't think that happening here in our typical use is more frequent than on cars, ie nearly never. Has a stuck clutch happened to anyone on here?

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #33  
Yea, I steam cleaned a Ford 8n one time to get it ready for paint. Sat in the same spot till it was all done and painted Clutch froze fast from being wet and dirt getting down there somehow. Could not break it loose no matter what I tried. Ended up splitting the tractor. NOT a fun repaint !

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d
I bet that made you sick after all that hard work.

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #35  
I've worked on three stuck clutches over the years. One was a Massey 750 combine. The owner had washed the radiator out with water. The water ran down the drive belts into the clutch housing. The clutch plate was so well glued to the drive plate that I had to drive a screwdriver in between to separate them.

The other two were John Deere 4020's. Both had sat for several years before being put back to use. One I had to split to get it free and the other I just had to let it sit for several hours with the clutch pedal depressed. Now when I reassemble clutch housings on tractors I use silicone on the top half of the bell/clutch housing to help keep the water out.

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #37  
Clemsonfor I totally understand what you are saying. The 1500d is a 6 hour drive away, but not to far for me to go look at it. It is a green model with the headlights inside the grill not sitting on the outside of the hood. The tires look to be in great shape as does the tractor. I was having the same feelings, save the $1800 for something else or minor repairs. Or just pull the trigger on the Referb 1700d at Fredricks with a used loader for the $1800 more. Thanks for the heads up Ken and Winston that is a pretty cool pic. Is that a Coldwater loader?

Yep that's a coldwater loader. One telltale of his is the singe curl cylinder, didn't pay attention if you can see it in this pic, but this pic was either from his website when he had it or one he posted here when he use to frequent the site, but I think from the web page as he was not too tech savy himself.

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #38  
Winston I found the pictures. First is the 1500d. You can see the bolt on piece between the rear axle and transmission. The second picture is actually a 2000d but same as a 1700d. It's molded like you said. Glad you dug into that for me. I don't know how I forgot about that. View attachment 500627

View attachment 500628

Hey I recognize that second Photo???:thumbsup:

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d #39  
Somebody was asking about the clutch hold-down lever but I can't find the post where that was asked. Anyhow ... it is visible in this second photo.

It's hinged from a bolt at its top. Push down the clutch pedal, swing the lower part of the lever forward to hold the pedal down.

You are correct California, that second photo does show that lever. I remember seeing a thread that asked about that but don't remember where at the moment. I believe that is to keep your clutch depressed, & should be used if your tractor sits for an extended period of time, or used in high humidity areas to keep your clutch from getting stuck to the flywheel. Correct me if I'm wrong.
it is that guys post about the Racor fuel filter. He said he doesn't have a hold down and wants to fab up one and not use a board anymore

/ Green vs Red Yanmar 1500d
Haha Clemsonfor!! That's the picture you sent me! Yeah I knew I had this discussion before and I had a pic from somewhere. It was from your tractor. Thanks for the help and picture.