Grey/White smoke from oil fill tube

/ Grey/White smoke from oil fill tube #1  

FNH1620

Tractor
New Holland 1620
Hello everyone. I am new here. I look forward to gaining knowledge.

I have a Ford 1620 compact tractor. It has a 3-cylinder engine.
Over the winter i did some engine work.
new rings, head gasket, valve job, also have the valve seats machined.

i put everything back together the right way and the tractor had a ton more power.
today i was cutting grass and i noticed that a lot of greyish white smoke was coming out of the vent tube on top of the valve cover. there was also that same smoke pouring out of the oil fill tube when i took the cap off. i checked the oil and there was no smoke coming out of the dipstick tube. so i don't think my problem is rings.

The engine has about 30 hours on it since rebuild.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

/ Grey/White smoke from oil fill tube #2  
Is it smoke or is it steam. You could have a slight internal coolant leak that is getting into the oil. When the oil gets hot the water turns to steam and will come out the vent tube. Are there water droplets forming in the vent tube.Todays oil emulsifies water so well you wont see it with out an oil analysis.
Bill

/ Grey/White smoke from oil fill tube #3  
could it be coolant that got leaked into the engine when it was apart? of so, it will burn off once the engine oil has been heated up for awhile... depending on how much is in there....

/ Grey/White smoke from oil fill tube
Is it smoke or is it steam. You could have a slight internal coolant leak that is getting into the oil. When the oil gets hot the water turns to steam and will come out the vent tube. Are there water droplets forming in the vent tube.Todays oil emulsifies water so well you wont see it with out an oil analysis.
Bill

I am pretty sure it is smoke.There is an ever so light hint of some smell but i can not pinpoint the smell.

I just jecked that vent tube and i am getting oil from it. A fairly good amount too.

Checked my coolant level and that is good. oil is still nice and black, no milky tint. Kind of doubt some coolant leaked in on assembly b/c the radiator was drained along w/ the engine block.

could it be coolant that got leaked into the engine when it was apart? of so, it will burn off once the engine oil has been heated up for awhile... depending on how much is in there....

The engine has been used about 30 hrs and this is the first this has done it since rebuild. this has been probly the 6th time we have cut grass so it has allready been worked.

The enigne was doing this same smoking before we rebuilt it the only difference then was that you couldd hardly get it to start and it would not respond to any throttle.

Is there any way other than youtube that i can post a video of it running

Does anybody know where i could get a compression tester for my engine along w/ the glow plug adapter for the tester?

/ Grey/White smoke from oil fill tube #7  
Harbor Freight has a cheap diesel engine compression testing kit with the correct adapter for the glow plug port.

i would think u have a bronken ring

Man i hope not since i just did them over the winter.

I i had a broken ring wouldn't the engine run rough and give some more signs of serious problems?

It is also worth noting that before my mom started cutting grass the other day when this happend my dad topped off the oil level. When i checked the oil the oter day when the smoking started it was down a little. So the engine had been using some oil.

Harbor Freight has a cheap diesel engine compression testing kit with the correct adapter for the glow plug port.

Thanks. I will look into it.