Gun Rack???

/ Gun Rack??? #11  
   / Gun Rack??? #14  
It was coming out of the Atchafalaya Basin in Louisiana probably just south of Baton Rouge. If you have ever watched the history channel program "Swamp People" (about alligator hunters) that is the general area. It is the largest swamp in the United States. They opened both the spillways that protect Baton Rouge and New Orleans this year from the Mississippi river flooding. First time in 40 years that they have been both open. The morganza spillway which protects Baton Rouge floods farm land and raises the water level in the Basin. The story is they spotted that bad boy leaving the area.

WRONG
The pictured snake was killed in Georgia last July close to my place.

GON.com - Screven County Diamondback Measures 6 1/2 Feet - Georgia Outdoor News

Biggest Snake I Have Ever Seen - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

And yes, I pack while getting seat time. .44 mag usually

/ Gun Rack??? #15  
It was coming out of the Atchafalaya Basin in Louisiana probably just south of Baton Rouge. If you have ever watched the history channel program "Swamp People" (about alligator hunters) that is the general area. It is the largest swamp in the United States. They opened both the spillways that protect Baton Rouge and New Orleans this year from the Mississippi river flooding. First time in 40 years that they have been both open. The morganza spillway which protects Baton Rouge floods farm land and raises the water level in the Basin. The story is they spotted that bad boy leaving the area.

WRONG

....and you still live there? I'm not a fan of snakes but even if I was, that thing is downright scary! Are you sure the .44 Mag will stop something like that?:eek:

/ Gun Rack??? #17  

WRONG

I was skeptical of the story from the beginning about being the basin. That's why I did not originally post the location until asked and then just passed the story I was told along. The Basin (I hope) is just to wet to support a monster like that. I have seen some rattlers but mostly water snakes, copperhead and cotton mouth.

However, just knowing that monster was located in North America is enough to make me start looking to upgrade my tractor firearm from my 22 to something with a little more kick.

/ Gun Rack??? #19  
I know this sounds like a crazy question, but has anyone rigged up a gun rack attached to the ROPS? :D

Often thought of mounting one of my rifle(horses) scabbards on my Kubota with a 870 Remmy in it. ;)

Boone

Here is a site with some fancy/pricey scabbards but real nice IMHO.
Leather Rifle Scabbards - Western Rifle Scabbards and Sleeves

Those are real nice but pricey. I thought about that myself but it sure would collect a lot of dust. Thinking more of an open air model and will check out one of the older threads on TBN to see some ideas

/ Gun Rack???
Well, I did it. :) I custom made some 2" angle iron and drilled it to accept the gun rack kit from Walmart. Then, I drilled a hole on the opposite side of the angle and attached it to the open hole in the ROPS folding section.

For some reason, looking at these pics reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy's "You Might be a Redneck" jokes :D

This should take care of those snakes....and anything else. ;)