Gun Rack???

/ Gun Rack??? #21  
I got the scabbard in the mail yesterday, purchased on ebay for $29.99 and free shipping. Actually better built than I expected. The Mossberg 500 ATP will be mounted ont the back side (facing me) on the left FEL docking bracket. The FEL will have to come off in order to install the through bolts.

Attachments

• P1990510.JPG
    P1990510.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 355
  • P8410512.JPG
    P8410512.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 354
   / Gun Rack???
Well, I did it. :) I custom made some 2" angle iron and drilled it to accept the gun rack kit from Walmart. Then, I drilled a hole on the opposite side of the angle and attached it to the open hole in the ROPS folding section.

For some reason, looking at these pics reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy's "You Might be a Redneck" jokes :D

This should take care of those snakes....and anything else. ;)

For some reason, I couldn't get the pictures to attach. Let me try it again:

Attachments

• IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 460
  • IMAG0102.jpg
    IMAG0102.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 422
  • IMAG0103.jpg
    IMAG0103.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 325
   / Gun Rack??? #23  
I got the scabbard in the mail yesterday, purchased on ebay for $29.99 and free shipping. Actually better built than I expected. The Mossberg 500 ATP will be mounted ont the back side (facing me) on the left FEL docking bracket. The FEL will have to come off in order to install the through bolts.

Looks good. I like the compactness of it. Be mighty handy on a tractor.
I have seen everything from wild hogs, wild dogs, rabid scunks, poisonous snakes, etc., and it wouldn't hurt to have something easy to grab if I should ever need it.
I imagine yours came with it, but I might see if I can find a pistolgrip stock like yours and convert my Mossberg Maverick over.
I'll have to check what the legal minimum limit is in Texas, for length. I have both the short and long barrel for it. :)

/ Gun Rack???
nickel plate,

Make sure to post pics detailing how you mount it. :thumbsup:

/ Gun Rack??? #27  

Is that scabbard made from a canvass like material ?
I was looking at one in a Army store the other day and it looks like that one.
If I didn't have the leather one I use on horse I would have bought it .It was the same price plus tax.

Boone

/ Gun Rack??? #28  
Is that scabbard made from a canvass like material ?
Boone
Yes, it's a synthetic of some sort with a stiff inner filler on each side. I'm going to use either a piece of 1"x3" or 1-1/2'x4" steel tubing as the exterior backbone and bolted onto the FEL docking bracket. I'll go steel shopping this Monday.

/ Gun Rack??? #30  
Look at the Tarus Judge, Really nice pistol, it shoots 45 long colt and 410 shells. Load up a few of each and you should be able to stop anything except maybe a Griz. They even make a 410 shell just for the Judge called the Shredder. It has about a half a dozen disks in it .410 x about 3/16 thick, sort of like flat buckshot. Very wicked.