half ton chevy tow 9200lbs?

/ half ton chevy tow 9200lbs? #91  
Did you even read the New Holland Specs? Didn't think so.

I don't know if he looked at the NH site, but I did. They list the current E35B SR as 3.5 TONS. A ton is 2,000lbs, so we're back to a 7K+machine.

/ half ton chevy tow 9200lbs? #92  
That's it, Danny and Tim, best two out of three internet Indian Leg Wrestling, traditional rules, of course. Winner gets a copy of Lindsay Lohan's eBook "driving in LA for divas"....

/ half ton chevy tow 9200lbs? #93  
I don't know if he looked at the NH site, but I did. They list the current E35B SR as 3.5 TONS. A ton is 2,000lbs, so we're back to a 7K+machine.

I have twice provided the link to get the New Holland specs. I will post it for a third time: NEW HOLLAND CONSTRUCTION | BUILT AROUND YOU One has to download the brochure and scroll to page 14 of 28 where it lists Weights & Measure of E27B (which is what I think this machine is) which weighs 5556lbs with the bucket. That is direct from New Holland....If correct on the model and assuming the trailer weights 1800lbs, the gross trailer weight would be 7356lbs. Well within the safe capabilities of that truck.

Now, if it turns out to be the E353B (which I don't think it is for various reasons), it weighs 7959lbs with the bucket plus an 1800lb trailer = 9759lbs. A little too much for the truck and possibly too much for the trailer.

Problem is that too many people are speculating due to incomlete information and spewing opinions as fact.

Note: In an earlier post I listed the weight as 3600lbs. I misread the table and quoted the weight of a smaller machine. Sorry for the confusion.

/ half ton chevy tow 9200lbs? #94  
I have twice provided the link to get the New Holland specs. I will post it for a third time: NEW HOLLAND CONSTRUCTION | BUILT AROUND YOU One has to download the brochure and scroll to page 14 of 28 where it lists Weights & Measure of E27B (which is what I think this machine is) which weighs 5556lbs with the bucket. That is direct from New Holland....If correct on the model and assuming the trailer weights 1800lbs, the gross trailer weight would be 7356lbs. Well within the safe capabilities of that truck.

Now, if it turns out to be the E353B (which I don't think it is for various reasons), it weighs 7959lbs with the bucket plus an 1800lb trailer = 9759lbs. A little too much for the truck and possibly too much for the trailer.

Problem is that too many people are speculating due to incomlete information and spewing opinions as fact.

Note: In an earlier post I listed the weight as 3600lbs. I misread the table and quoted the weight of a smaller machine. Sorry for the confusion.

The OP says it's an E35SR, which NH says weighs 7k+.

9,700lbs on a 7k trailer isn't "a little too much" it's roughly 40% overloaded....more like a lot too much.

/ half ton chevy tow 9200lbs? #95  
I have read every post in this tread by the OP and can't see where he quoted the model of the machine. I can only find where he made reference to the weight of the machine such as in his original post where he says it's 8000lbs. Not trying to argue, just trying to figure out where I missed it?

/ half ton chevy tow 9200lbs? #96  
I have read every post in this tread by the OP and can't see where he quoted the model of the machine. I can only find where he made reference to the weight of the machine such as in his original post where he says it's 8000lbs. Not trying to argue, just trying to figure out where I missed it?
His profile (http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/members/tylertown.html?tab=aboutme#aboutme ) lists his tractor as a "2010 new holland E35sr" with '24" bucket and 18" bucket' as attatchments. The E35B (per NH specs) has an operating weight of 7,959# or 7992# depending on which boom it has (per page 18 of: http://northamerica.construction.ne...ilename=NHC_ExcComp_NHC022709_Brochure_EN.pdf ). If the E35SR is slightly older and heavier, I can see the operating weight of 8223.2# from RitchieSpecs.com being correct for his machine (especially if he has both his 18" and 24" buckets on the trailer).

Aaron Z