Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,911  
Well, you're in Houston. That's kind of like cheating :). I probably wouldn't stop using my mower or tiller or trimmer, etc. And I might never put gas in my snowblower, because...its Houston. :D

Max;

My two brothers still live in Mid-West and I remind them, by late November every year, that "I don't own a snow blower nor do I ever want to". Mowed the yard around the ranch house ( about 8 acres) between Christmas and New Years, mostly to mulch all the oak leaves.

Rick

Edit; You are welcome to move to Texas. We have lots of room and lots of Jobs.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,912  
Max;

My two brothers still live in Mid-West and I remind them, by late November every year, that "I don't own a snow blower nor do I ever want to". Mowed the yard around the ranch house ( about 8 acres) between Christmas and New Years, mostly to mulch all the oak leaves.

Rick

SHHHHHHH! I like the quiet of no neighbors for a mile.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,913  
I was hoping, based on comments on here, that the little 900w 2-cycle generator would be a "don't suck", but now having had one for 6 months, I'm not too sure! I have used non-ethanol, fresh fuel in it exclusively, but it is almost impossible to start. If I remove the air cleaner cover and drizzle in a bit of fuel, it kicks right off. I shut off the fuel valve and run the carb dry whenever I am done using it. It seems to run ok after it starts. Maybe a little lean. So I'm suspecting something wrong in the choke/low speed carb circuit, or it may be that the fuel on/off valve is so restricted that it takes a long time to slowly drizzle a bowl full. Guess it's going back for a trade-in on another.

- Jay

I had a cheepie cummings tool generator and the fuel hose that went from the tank let little bits of hose chunk off into the carb and clog the jets so I replaced the hose and cleaned the carb. No probs since and starts easy.Of course I also use high octane leaded fuel in it but I do that in all my 2-strokes.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,914  
I have the same generator, and after the break in period, and after not always running smoothly, I swapped the spark plug out for an NGK BP5ES3, and it purrs now. It seemed to really make a big difference. I actually recently swapped out all of my small engine plugs for ngk plugs, and they all seem to like them much better. The only other thing that I can think, is that the fuel should be very fresh. Thats great that you can get ethanol free gas. In my area they have outlawed it, including the surrounding two states. They state governments actually passed statutes requiring a percentage of ethanol in fuel at the pump. The only gas that I can get without it is in the small cans at Homedepot, and Tractor Supply, but that is almost double the cost at the pump. I use Startron, and it has been an absolute lifesaver. I also switched to Stihl synthetic in all of my 50:1 2 cycle engines, and that has also seemed to help out quite a bit. I was schooled, if you will, after returning a new saw years ago, that I could not keep running. They private dealer, said that they see multiple saws, and two cycle engines every week that people run old fuel in, with cheap mixed oil, and it always causes issues. I am not sure why 2 cycle engines are so fussy, but I now only keep a gallon on hand of fresh gas, and I have not had an issue at all with my 2 cycle engines, and I have 6 of them. That may not be your issue at all, and it sounds like you are doing the right things, so it may be a dud, but try the plug if you haven't. My brother has the same Generator, and he uses it on his boat, and he recently (last week) had the same issue. he changed the plug, and it fixed the problem.

The only other issue I had was my starter cord broke, and I found out that it is a complete piece attached to the cover, but they are cheap on ebay brand new, so I bought one for around $15, and it works great again. If you don't have a warranty, the carbs are very inexpensive on ebay also.

Good luck with it, and let us know!

I was hoping, based on comments on here, that the little 900w 2-cycle generator would be a "don't suck", but now having had one for 6 months, I'm not too sure! I have used non-ethanol, fresh fuel in it exclusively, but it is almost impossible to start. If I remove the air cleaner cover and drizzle in a bit of fuel, it kicks right off. I shut off the fuel valve and run the carb dry whenever I am done using it. It seems to run ok after it starts. Maybe a little lean. So I'm suspecting something wrong in the choke/low speed carb circuit, or it may be that the fuel on/off valve is so restricted that it takes a long time to slowly drizzle a bowl full. Guess it's going back for a trade-in on another.

- Jay

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,915  
I got one of those stair chisel tool. not too bad. I literally abused it with a hammer tucking carpet in. only thing is I wish it was one inch longer so my hands is further away from hammer end.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,916  
Max;

Rick

Thanks for the invite :thumbsup:

Texas is a beautiful place. I have lived there and visited.

I hope Texas continues to be prosperous and successful. It is a shining star in our nation. In another part of this forum, we could discuss why that is. There are some who want to change that.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,917  
SHHHHHHH! I like the quiet of no neighbors for a mile.

howdy neighbor. I said it quiet like, so as not to be too disturbin' to ya. :D.

Course, everything's bigger in Texas, so a real Texas Howdy is more like H O W D Y ! ! !

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,918  
They sell a little 110v inverter stick welder that is white or light tan in color. It is really small about as big as a box kleenex. It goes on sale from time to time for about 140$.
It is the very handy. I break it out for a quick weld from time to time. I keep it in a small size plastic box like a tackle box. It uses 3/32 or 1/8 in rods.
I like it a lot. being 110v it can go anywhere there is a plug.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,919  
They sell a little 110v inverter stick welder that is white or light tan in color. It is really small about as big as a box kleenex. It goes on sale from time to time for about 140$.
It is the very handy. I break it out for a quick weld from time to time. I keep it in a small size plastic box like a tackle box. It uses 3/32 or 1/8 in rods.
I like it a lot. being 110v it can go anywhere there is a plug.
It's in this week's Inside Track coupons at $130 - good through next Tuesday 1/7. (Or 'Sale' price $150 on the website). Most of the reviews are favorable.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #3,920  
Here is the one I am talking about...it is $19.99 with the coupon code...what do you think...? good deal or not...? Thanks
Reciprocating Saw w/ Rotating Handle
I bought one of those and it burned out within 2 hours of VERY occasional use cutting on 2x4 soft pine. I've used my Milwaukee for hours straight cutting deck nails and 30 year old hard as a rock deck boards.