Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees?

/ Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees?
What do you guys think about this make & model?

I called the actual manufacturer and spoke to tech support on every item.

/ Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees? #12  
1707931768163.png

google hydroseed truck

/ Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees? #13  
What do you guys think about this make & model?

I called the actual manufacturer and spoke to tech support on every item.

Pricey but it looks like it will do the job.

/ Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees? #14  
Hello to all.

Have a lot of oak trees w bald moss, Spanish moss & other unwanted epiphytes. I would like dispense Kocide 101 or similar about 30-40 ft up into canopy of trees? I have a 60 PTO tractor.

Has anyone built a sprayer that is either PTO driven or separate engine that can spray in a steady stream that high into trees? If so, can you share your design & parts list? It would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance,
tstex
Use pto pump on tractor, can be as simple building sprayer using 50 gallon plastic drum. Purchase 3pt carry all place drum on carryall affix as required could use ratchet straps or get elaborate. Cut bottom outlet hole install bulkhead fitting large 2” of course you will need cut hole in top of tank 6” diameter to allow arm to hold bulk fitting for installation. Plumb in a water filter from the bottom outlet line. From filter run line to pto pump. On outbound side of pump run line to carryall mount a fluid regulator and pressure gage then mechanical fluid on off switch. From the fluid switch run 5/8 to 3/4” hose to spray wand you need to purchase. Yes of course you can buy a premade sprayer from ag store 3 point hitch use same pto pump. I have been able to attain water stream spray at least 25-35 feet by increasing pto speed. If you make from scratch you’ll have minimum of 450 usd largest expense is the pto pump followed by the carry all rest is hardware. Just sharing thoughts here sure someone will have better idea on saving money for pto wand sprayer.

/ Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees? #15  
I have used the NE 16gal sprayer for years. The 12v broadcast sprayer covers about 8-10 ft depending and the included wand sprays up to 25 ft depending upon the pattern. Not as high as the OP wanted but its a great sprayer for general use. I put it in the back of a golf cart. Easy peasy.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 27
   / Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees? #16  
A friend with an orchard has a pto mounted blower for misting/spraying trees on their 80hp tractor. It didn’t look inexpensive.

/ Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees? #17  
Most arborists have sprayers that will do as you describe. You might see what they use.

/ Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees? #18  
Hello to all.

Have a lot of oak trees w bald moss, Spanish moss & other unwanted epiphytes. I would like dispense Kocide 101 or similar about 30-40 ft up into canopy of trees? I have a 60 PTO tractor.

Has anyone built a sprayer that is either PTO driven or separate engine that can spray in a steady stream that high into trees? If so, can you share your design & parts list? It would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance,
tstex
No, I bought one instead. I bought a tractor mounted 250 gallon capacity Fimco at Tractor Supply with a 6 roller stainless steel solution resistant pump that direct couples to my PTO and the sprayer sits on a 3 PH mounted frame and comes with a solution agitator as well as a hand sprayer that has a vertical range of around 65 feet. I actually use it for spraying my hay fields with herbicide and pesticides but I have used it for spraying a friends mature pine trees that had spider mite infestation and it worked real well. They come with a nice stainless steel hand sprayer with adjustable nozzle as well. Price wis, I don't remember, I've owned it for about 10 years but it wasn't real cheap if I remember correctly. Stays inside in the barn when not in use and I put RV antifreeze in it in the winter and run that through the pump and spray nozzles and hand gun as well, but then I do that for all my sprayers, hand and otherwise. Today, building one will cost you plenty. Just the pumps alone are expensive, not including the pto hookup or a carriage to mount the tank on. I much preferred buying a ready made one with everything included and your tractor will run a 6 or 7 roller pump at max pressure, no issue. Your issue will be, can you 3 point handle the weight more than anything else.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

/ Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees? #19  
You can buy them at farm auctions and Tractor House lists them as well. Problem is, buying used you won't have any idea if it was actually taken care of or if the pump and lines froze or if the tank leaks and none of the stuff is cheap to replace today. Especially the pumps and I bet you need a stainless pump for the chemical you want to spray. You need to check the jug to see what they recommend, it will tell you or check with an ag extension agent nearby. They know as well. If you ever plan on spraying Glyphosate (Roundup) you need a stainless pump, no exceptions.