Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees?

/ Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees? #21  
I own one of these and use it to spray Roundup and Brush killer around the fields. I think it will spray as far as you need. Really good coverage as well.

/ Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees?
Thank you all very much for your feedback.

Unless I have very specific instructions on building this, it’s prob out of my wheelhouse. I’m not a mechanic, but w the tech service manuals, detailed explodes parts & parts list, and access to an antique tractor forum, I restored a 1951 John Deere MT tractor, inside out. Took me 4 yrs on my available ranch weekend time. I also bought all the tools needed as well.

So, it seems like store bought, and I like the out of the box thought of auctions. But as stated, no recourse from bad product & no service history or other (Vegas anyone?)

I found out that if i buy this and have it shipped to N Tool, going to cost me another $300 for shipping, so all in w taxes & shipping, right under $2200. That’s a lot diff from $1700. Manufacturer is in Mn, so no way around that !!!

Anyway, any solutions.closer to S SE TX, pls advise. Again, appreciate your time & help guys. tstex

/ Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees? #23  
Not sure it's been discussed above, but my run of the mill Tractor Supply 12v, 25 gallon sprayer easily reaches 40' with the spray gun. I quit using it for bag worms up high because of me getting contaminated no matter how or when I tried.
Even thoroughly covered up with a respirator, it wasn't enough. My next step would have been an encapsulating suit, but it just wasn't worth it to me.

/ Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees? #24  
Hello to all.

Have a lot of oak trees w bald moss, Spanish moss & other unwanted epiphytes. I would like dispense Kocide 101 or similar about 30-40 ft up into canopy of trees? I have a 60 PTO tractor.
In Europe we have the oak processionary, caterpillars whose hairs cause a burning rash when they drop down on you, or suffocate dogs when their throat swells shut when they eat them.

Municipalities suck them up with a slurry tanker half full of water, or use orchard sprayers to jet a mist of insecticides into the canopy.

If you dont intend on buying an orchard sprayer, i would scrounge around for an old silo blower, it gives enough jetstream to carry the insecticide high up in the canopy. Apply in the jet with a venturi or by holding a handheld sprayer in the air jet.

The local demolition derby uses an old silo blower to suck up all plastic beer glasses and blow them in an old fashioned burlap mealbag. Works great too.

Oh, and they make great leafblowers too..

Last edited:
Not sure it's been discussed above, but my run of the mill Tractor Supply 12v, 25 gallon sprayer easily reaches 40' with the spray gun. I quit using it for bag worms up high because of me getting contaminated no matter how or when I tried.
Even thoroughly covered up with a respirator, it wasn't enough. My next step would have been an encapsulating suit, but it just wasn't worth it to me.
RJ, do you have a specific make and model pls - thank you

In Europe we have the oak processionary, caterpillars whose hairs cause a burning rash when they drop down on you, or suffocate dogs when their throat swells shut when they eat them.

Municipalities suck them up with a slurry tanker half full of water, or use orchard sprayers to jet a mist of insecticides into the canopy.

If you dont intend on buying an orchard sprayer, i would scrounge around for an old silo blower, it gives enough jetstream to carry the insecticide high up in the canopy. Apply in the jet with a venturi or by holding a handheld sprayer in the air jet.

The local demolition derby uses an old silo blower to suck up all plastic beer glasses and blow them in an old fashioned burlap mealbag. Works great too.

Oh, and they make great leafblowers too..
Boy, that thing rocks....when my daughters have their huge parties and I cannot get them all to leave, I could crank this thing and drive it thru the crowds...

/ Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees? #27  
If your interested in an orchard sprayer I have a friend who has a brand new on setting on the original pallet in his barn he'd sell. Bet it's been there for 15 years. It came with his farm and he's never used it. He's at zip code 66072.

If your interested in an orchard sprayer I have a friend who has a brand new on setting on the original pallet in his barn he'd sell. Bet it's been there for 15 years. It came with his farm and he's never used it. He's at zip code 66072.
Thank you D2C - do you have a make and model? what condition is it in? If it's been there 15 yrs, sure hope the gas was drained in 2009.

/ Has anyone built a sprayer for dispensing chemicals 30-40ft into trees? #29  
It is PTO powered. He lives a ways away, and I'd have to go by his place to get details.

It is PTO powered. He lives a ways away, and I'd have to go by his place to get details.
any help would be appreciated..thank you sir, or put me in contact w him if that's doable...thanks again