Have you lived?

/ Have you lived? #11  
I remember ALL of those! In fact, I remember during "gas wars" paying as little as 18 cents per gallon! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif. Imagine having a 20 gallon tank filled for only $3.60. Sheesh.

The GlueGuy

/ Have you lived? #12  
How about the little milk bottles with the metal caps that a teacher had to use a special device to puncture so you could get the straw in?

tractor.gif

/ Have you lived? #13  
Cigarette machines!! With a pack under 30 cents. I remember that some machines would have pennies in the cigarette packs. Now that is when a penny was worth something.

Terry

/ Have you lived? #14  
Yeah, remember many of those things. How about TV and Radio that went off the air during the night? First thing that played in the morning at signon was the national anthem.

One issue with the top list - baseball card bubble gum...I personally LOVED the stuff and to this day can recognize that special smell.

/ Have you lived? #15  
Fun thread Mike/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

add Oleo Margerine in the plastic bag with the dot you had to squeeze to turn it yellow

45 and 67 volt batteries for plate supply

CC camps.

AL

/ Have you lived? #16  
<font color=blue>* Mistakes were corrected! by simply exclaiming "do over!" </font color=blue>

Umm....I thought that was just part of a sport called golf!!!

Kevin

/ Have you lived? #17  
You hit the list of my memories pretty good, Mike. Don't forget Pixie Stix, wax lips and Mary Janes...and none of my friends were on Ridlin!

18-82971-tbnsig.gif

/ Have you lived? #18  
I remember MOST of those, but some are area specific. Here in the local area, you can still buy the candy cigerettes!
Do you remember buying margerine that was white lard (looking) and had the little yellow color packets to add to it, so that it would look LIKE butter?
Sorry Al, missed your post! Have to admit, our butter came out a 'faucet' with four squeeze/pull spigots! (and the ol' 'fight over getting out of' butter churn that is)

18-82864-scruffy.jpg
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by scruffy on 11/15/01 05:03 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Have you lived? #19  
I don't remember the butter thing Scruffy. It must have been area related too. Thank goodness too...it sounds gross!!!!

18-82971-tbnsig.gif

/ Have you lived? #20  
Tony, I really don't know on the 'gross' part, cause we made our own. I would've gladly give those 30+ milk cows to anybody that would take them, but higher authority than my own prevented that! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
I remember seeing that stuff in the stores, and asking my Dad (the higher authority) what the heck it was. Didn't look apetizing thats for sure! /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

18-82864-scruffy.jpg