Have you lived?

/ Have you lived? #21  
Mike
Great list. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I do remember and have experienced most of them. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Have you lived? #22  
Great list. I remember them. As well, the 78 rpm records, and the victrola (sp?) that had to be wound up to get the record to play. Also, the ice man would come to the house with a block of ice to put in the ice box to keep the milk cold. There were tubes in the radios and the fireman next door got a salary raise to $100 a week. Also, two empty pop bottles could be turned into the grocer for one full bottle (but you had to drink it there, and not take the bottle with you). And not so long ago, was doing math problems with a slide rule.

/ Have you lived? #23  
thanks mike, i remember all those things + some. i remember when tv was one channel and only came on at certain hours. used to get home from school and nothing on tv. had to wait for KUKLA, FRAN AND OLLIE(REMEMBER) GOD i felt pretty good till i read this thread. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Have you lived? #24  
Frank, your not older, just better. Live it up until you die and go out fighting!

6-27459-jimsford.gif
jim

/ Have you lived? #25  
I remember a lot of those, but too YOUNG for some of it!!

Others:

Cars that would run.

Burning trash in a barrel, in town.

On the column 3-speed manual.

8-track tapes

Alan L., TX
South of Bugtussle
North of Mustang
On the banks of Buck Creek

/ Have you lived? #26  
I noticed nobody mentioned Cracker Jack. It cause your all mad at them for not putting in the neat prizes like they use to. Whistles, compasses, little figures of Cracker Jack and Bingo, stuff like that. Well, me too. The little pieces of paper they put in nowadays can't even be considered a prize.
How about "Strange as it seems" peanuts? Never did find any money in those things. Sometimes I put them in my soda. With that and a couple of nickle comic books, life was good.

Ernie

/ Have you lived? #27  
beenthere
Have you checked out the price of an icebox today? Sears opened a Great Indoors store here recently. They had an oak Icebox replica for over $1200. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I don't even know if would keep things cold./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

We called a refrigerator an Icebox for a long time before we stared to use Fridge./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Have you lived? #28  
Did you ever go down alleys to find pop and milk bottles to turn in for return deposit. Used to do this to buy a kite. Also putting peanuts in coke or r c cola and then drink them.

/ Have you lived? #29  
Could you please elaborate on the peanuts in the coke thing. Are you just talking about regular peanuts?

Confused in SC!!

Jeff

/ Have you lived? #30  
Buy a coke out of the machine for a nickel, buy a bag of salted peanuts for a nickel, drink a little of the coke, open the peanuts and dump them in the coke. Then eat and drink at the same time.