Heading for the finish line...

/ Heading for the finish line... #21  
Great feed back from all...thanks. Pierrepont, nice summary! So, it appears that it comes down to whether I feel lucky (gamble?), or not, and whether I can live with manual intervention of the pedal if it does not return to neutral automatically. And I thought my purchase decision was going to be based primarily on the dealer and price, since there is little to choose between the best of these CUT's. :confused2:

Wile E, I'm not trying to talk you out of the CK30 or speak negatively of it. It's a great tractor and the best of the best in the 30hp range IMO. I think it's good that you'd be going in with yours eyes open to the possibility, it avoids a lot of heartache later on if you draw that lucky card.

/ Heading for the finish line... #22  
Your saying half the CK line is unsafe? Your right, that's pretty wild!

No, I said 20% TO 50%. I also don't think they all behave the same, a lot of them may just be slow to come back to neutral.

/ Heading for the finish line... #23  
No, I said 20% TO 50%. I also don't think they all behave the same, a lot of them may just be slow to come back to neutral.

50% is half? no?

/ Heading for the finish line... #24  
Can't argue that. I think it falls somewhere in the range and it's a big range. What percentage of standard L Kubotas have jerky hitches? This is a similar issue in my mind, they're all built the same, but some have the issue and some don't.

/ Heading for the finish line... #25  
I'm not saying people are abusing their machines, just that some of us are a little more aggressive than others when we're trying to get stuff done. Road travel, pushing into the pile to get as much in the bucket as possible, using a box blade to the point it stops the machine etc?

that is abuse or close to it. I would not treat my machine like that.

Last edited:
   / Heading for the finish line... #26  
I'm not saying people are abusing their machines, just that some of us are a little more aggressive than others when we're trying to get stuff done. Road travel, pushing into the pile to get as much in the bucket as possible, using a box blade to the point it stops the machine etc?

that is abuse or close to it. I would not treat my machine like that.

Like what? Traveling on the road is pretty normal. Pushing into a pile to take a full scoop doesn't seem like it should be an issue and using a box blade with the rippers all the way down to break up soil to regrade an area seems OK to me. These seem like the jobs I bought my tractor for, what do you do with your tractor?

/ Heading for the finish line... #27  
Like what? Traveling on the road is pretty normal. Pushing into a pile to take a full scoop doesn't seem like it should be an issue and using a box blade with the rippers all the way down to break up soil to regrade an area seems OK to me. These seem like the jobs I bought my tractor for, what do you do with your tractor?

using a box blade to the point it stops the machine etc?
That's abuse

/ Heading for the finish line... #29  
A tractor is made to be worked.

Sure it is but not to death. Running a Box Blade till the machine stalls is not good even for a Kubota with jerky hitch Roger.

Last edited:
   / Heading for the finish line... #30  
Sure it is but not to death. Running a Box Blade till the machine stalls is not good even for a Kubota with jerky hitch Roger.

I never said I stalled it, just to were it stops moving forward. Yes, tractors are made to be used